9 days at the World in October

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

T!nkNCognito
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

9 days at the World in October

Post by T!nkNCognito » Jul Fri 27, 2018 10:18 am

And it still isn't enough time to do everything we want! We are going for the Food and Wine Festival and see everything we haven't seen since 2013 (our last trip to the world). To be fair, we did make it to Disney Paris last year for their 25th anniversary si we aren't without Disney. I mean really, everyone needs a bit of Disney in their lives, am I right?

Already thinking ahead to 2021~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just recently joined Subsonic and it is fun to listen while I work...

Anyway, if you have recently been, any must dos in the new Pandora or Toy Storyland???

Alacrity
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Re: 9 days at the World in October

Post by Alacrity » Jul Fri 27, 2018 12:11 pm

Haven't made it since Toy Story opened but my wife and I did get to see Avatar. If you are into thrill rides, get a fast pass for Flight of Passage as early as you can. You can't get FoP and Na'vi River at the same time, they are both "prime" fast passes. If you can swing AK two days get the River the second day. Although the River is really well done, it's too short to wait as long as the lines have been! Maybe Toy Story will ease some of the pressure at Avatar and the lines will be more reasonable.

The quick service restaurant in Avatar we found to be surprisingly good! Satu'li Canteen.

The Slinky Dog roller coaster in Toy Story Land is supposed to be really good! Fast pass it as soon as possible. We hope to see it when we go in December.

zhoover
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by zhoover » Jul Fri 27, 2018 3:20 pm

T!nkNCognito wrote:Anyway, if you have recently been, any must dos in the new Pandora or Toy Storyland???
I agree with Alacrity about Flight of Passage being a must-see! If you get to Animal Kingdom first thing and head directly to Pandora, you'll be able to get on the river cruise without much of a wait - then you can save your FastPass for FoP and knock 'em both out in one day. If you like to have a drink while on vacation (I do!), check out Nomad Lounge, which is on the right before you cross the bridge into Pandora - it's usually pretty mellow, and the Tempting Tigress has become one of my favorite cocktails on property!

T!nkNCognito

Post by T!nkNCognito » Jul Mon 30, 2018 10:30 am

:figment: :figment: :figment: Thanks for your comments. We are planning two days at AK - even doing the Savana dinner special event and preferred dining for Rivers. AK has always been a favorite of ours. We can start booking fast passes in just over a week.

I have been watching Disney Food Blog and they also mentioned Satu'li Canteen so it is a yes as is the Nomad Lounge. They both look awesome.

And since the part is now open at night, I can't wait to see the Tree of Life all lit up!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 30, 2018 12:10 pm

T!nkNCognito wrote::figment: :figment: :figment: Thanks for your comments. We are planning two days at AK - even doing the Savana dinner special event and preferred dining for Rivers. AK has always been a favorite of ours. We can start booking fast passes in just over a week.

I have been watching Disney Food Blog and they also mentioned Satu'li Canteen so it is a yes as is the Nomad Lounge. They both look awesome.

And since the part is now open at night, I can't wait to see the Tree of Life all lit up!
The Tree of Life at night is really pretty :D

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Aug Sat 04, 2018 10:42 am

Agreed, night time is special at DAK
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

T!nkNCognito

Post by T!nkNCognito » Aug Tue 14, 2018 12:32 pm

Booked fast passes today and it was quite painful! The site kept crashing. Alas, we couldn't get either Flights of Passage or Slinky Dog until later in the trip so I guess we will have to rope drop them.
Hakuna Matata

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 14, 2018 3:55 pm

T!nkNCognito wrote:Booked fast passes today and it was quite painful! The site kept crashing. Alas, we couldn't get either Flights of Passage or Slinky Dog until later in the trip so I guess we will have to rope drop them.
Sounds like a plan ~ and perhaps something will open up if you keep checking :D

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Aug Wed 15, 2018 10:29 am

T!nkNCognito wrote:Booked fast passes today and it was quite painful! The site kept crashing. Alas, we couldn't get either Flights of Passage or Slinky Dog until later in the trip so I guess we will have to rope drop them.
I did Flights of Passage at rope drop, wasn't at the rope but about where the Tiffins restaurant is (the rope is at the bridge to Avatar Land). Anyway, after rope drop it was about 75 minutes before I got on. So get there really early if you want to knock this one off quickly.

Here's the relevant portion of my TR:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11921#p262693
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

T!nkNCognito

Post by T!nkNCognito » Aug Mon 20, 2018 11:14 am

We hope to see Avatar again before we go because I honestly don't remember much about it. Hubs is planning on being to the park at least an hour in advance so let's hope it helps with the lines plus we are going in October so maybe that makes a difference too. Thanks for adding the link for you summation of the day. Helps to know what we are in for!
Hakuna Matata

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Feb Sun 03, 2019 12:15 am

We were at Pandora about 15 minutes after rope drop and got on FoP in about 45 minutes, totally worth that wait time. Likewise, we did rope drop at MGM (DHS) and did Slinky Dog within 45 minutes and waited about 25 for flying saucers right after. So, they can both be reasonably done without FP.