Do you have an A/P to a Disney Park?

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Do you have an A/P to a Disney Park?

Post by AKLRULZ » Sep Thu 29, 2005 3:18 pm

We do - we typically go often enough every 12 months to have it be cost effective -- and we've loved in the past the resort discounts.

MouseMan
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by MouseMan » Sep Thu 29, 2005 3:51 pm

I'd love to live close enough to Disney to get my monies work out of an Annual Pass. But we typically spend about 4 days when we go and only go every 18-24 months.

Here is a tip I heard of if you go every year and stay on the Disney property. Say you usually spend a week and go from June 15 to June 21 the first year. You can plan your next trip to be June 8 to June 14 and your annual pass is good for both trips. You also will save about 15 or 20% (sometimes more) on your hotel and other purchases with the AP discount on both trips. So in effect you get 2 vacations for the price of one annual pass.

Manncab

Post by Manncab » Sep Thu 29, 2005 6:41 pm

i just want to say nah nah nah i got the floride resident annual pass :mrgreen:

Lion Sleeps Tonight
Rocket Jets Flight Director
Rocket Jets Flight Director

Post by Lion Sleeps Tonight » Sep Thu 29, 2005 10:54 pm

Yeah I have a Disneyland Deluxe Annual Pass. I think you get discounts at some restaurants. 10% off woot :roll: I've used it more than enough this year for it to be cost effective. Don't know if I'll renew it though. :(
"A pirate in irons be full o' guile.
And the blackest 'art wears the broadest smile."

Oh, and "Welcome Home."

QuickGold
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by QuickGold » Sep Fri 30, 2005 8:36 am

I may get one this year for the first time for WDW
Matt

[b][url=http://www.studioscentral.com]Studios Central[/url]
[url=http://www.wdwtoday.com]WDW Today Podcast[/url]
[url=http://www.towerofterror.org/tower.html]TowerOfTerror.Org[/url][/b]

spaulo
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by spaulo » Sep Fri 30, 2005 12:14 pm

Had a Disneyland Resort Premium Annual Pass last year. It expired this past June, and I would have re-upped when my family went a few weeks ago, but my girlfriend and I got free 2-day park hoppers from a friend in the radio biz. Next time we go (and have to actually pay for admission), we'll both be getting the Premiums as we go to DL 3-5 times a year.
~Steve

Disneynut
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Disneynut » Sep Fri 30, 2005 4:24 pm

Fla. a/p pass holder! :mrgreen:

Shinku
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Shinku » Sep Fri 30, 2005 11:19 pm

Sub and I are Disneyland AP's and occasionally have mini-meet ups in the park. Gizmata is an AP'er too and joined us on our last one.

(Speaking of, I wonder where that picture of us went?)

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Sep Fri 30, 2005 11:52 pm

Nope never have had one..............I should've bought one when I lived in Palm Springs, cause I could have really gotten my monies worth then. Now I live too far away to justify the expense. But someday maybe I will live close enough to have one 8)
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

js3901
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber
Matterhorn Bobsleds Climber

Post by js3901 » Oct Sat 01, 2005 1:24 am

I'm with bostoncg on this... can't afford the trips down enough to justify getting an AP to WDW, or DLR for that matter... :cry: :(
"And please do not sit on the floor. My studies show you can't experience time travel on the floor. and it's not a pretty picture in those shorts" - The Timekeeper

Site Admin, WDW Freak

mjs805
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by mjs805 » Oct Fri 14, 2005 5:05 pm

We have WDW annual passes. We go at least 2 times in a 12 month period for 10 days, so it's worth it. It's nice not to worry if you only go to the parks for an hour or two one day. You don't feel like you're wasting a day.

The $100.00 off for DVC members was a nice suprise this year. It made an already easy decision a no-brainer.

Mike
"Aloha and Welcome to the Polynesian Village Resort!"

lovesdisney44
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by lovesdisney44 » Oct Sat 22, 2005 5:53 pm

Our annual passes just expired. We got 3 trips out of them though. I have to agree, the DVC $100.00 discount makes it hard to say no. We won't be renewing, though as our next trip is only for 6 days this coming summer - we have some park hoppers left that we'll be using and we plan on taking advantage of the resort we will be staying at. There's soooo many things to do without having to go into a park. :wink:

Gizmata
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Gizmata » Nov Tue 15, 2005 12:24 am

I picked up a premium AP this summer when I got my first non-holiday vacation in years by changing jobs, and it was well worth it. Not only did I have the fun of spending six days bumming around, I got nice discounts on a few items I had my sights set on (watches, art).

It also got me to come back again last weekend (Nov 10-13). So I am up to 10 days and the current price of $350 (-$10 for AAA?) and I am down to $35 already. Though going too many days in a row can be a little much especially if its busy as you tend to walk and stand a lot more.

Veterans day weekend had a huge crowd that seemed larger than those I saw this summer in June. Friday and Saturday they added a third Fantasmic at 11:30pm, though both were not heavily attended they did have a decent turnout. The fireworks drew huge crowds at the hub and near Small World, but if you could find a good spot it was well worth the wait.

Space Mountain had huge lines as well, and only was partially saved as Small World had just opened with the holiday overlay. Even so there was a huge wave of people headed that way when the gate dropped, and I don't remember ever seeing the wait under an hour.

Hmmmm... Looks like I am off topic and writing my trip report here.. Think I will stop and move to that forum for the rest.

-Giz

BTW to use the discount for items the pass holder must pay for the item. So if you are going to help friends out make sure they have cash with them. ;)

foldmama

Post by foldmama » Nov Mon 21, 2005 1:06 pm

I am planning to go to WDW in May, 2006 for 6 days and then again with family in November, 2006 for 7 days. Do you think it is worth it to get the AP? I am trying to find info on the AP discounts to see if it would actually be worth it. We will actually need 2 moderate hotels rooms in November, 2006 and only 1 in May. what do you think?

lovesdisney44
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by lovesdisney44 » Nov Mon 21, 2005 1:28 pm

foldmama wrote:I am planning to go to WDW in May, 2006 for 6 days and then again with family in November, 2006 for 7 days. Do you think it is worth it to get the AP? I am trying to find info on the AP discounts to see if it would actually be worth it. We will actually need 2 moderate hotels rooms in November, 2006 and only 1 in May. what do you think?
I'm sure you'll get a lot of reponses to this. I read somewhere that if you go to a park for 10 days, then it's worth it to get an annual pass. I don't know if you were planning to do a park every day you were there, or if you were doing a water park, relax day, or whatever. A side note is that you get other discounts with an annual pass - a room discount is but one of the many.

The bottom line, if it were me and I knew I'd be going to the parks ATLEAST 10 days, then I'd definately get an annual pass. Who knows what the beginning of 2007 would bring . . . an unexpected trip to WDW maybe? :wink: