day dreaming of a trip to WDW

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: day dreaming of a trip to WDW

Post by Amy » Apr Thu 20, 2017 6:30 pm

Keep wishing 4adream10 ~ you might be able to get back there sooner than you think. But you are right, in the meantime, it helps to listen to the music and reminisce about past trips. Sounds like you've had some really great ones, and choose to remember the great stuff that happened on the not so great ones. Poke around the forums a bit too, that's always fun :D

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Apr Thu 20, 2017 6:43 pm

You might be surprised how many of us who use Subsonic are in a similar boat. We, as a group, have all experienced financial difficulties and haven't been able to Disney vacation as much as we might like. You're in good company! You might find it fun to read past trip reports, and see what other people like to do on their trips and how it differs from yours or learn about things you didn't know.

I'm making the assumption that your son will be attending college. Perhaps a trip in the future is not far fetched, but it will take some careful coordination with your daughter's school schedule. (Aside: Why do the parents' schedules always take a back seat to the kids' schedules? :lol: ) It's true, as they get older it's harder to travel as a family, but your kids will love going on a trip, and they're old enough now that you guys can have some parents time without the kids!

Somewhere there's a forum about saving for a trip. Some use a Disney credit card, or buy gift cards from time to time. You can have a family challenge with dining out, lunch, car pooling, quitting smoking, pocket change... the ideas are endless and if you make your goal to be when your daughter graduates, you might have a pretty hefty chunk of savings. Just a thought.

Until then, were glad you're here to help us keep the sparkle on our pixie dust.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Apr Mon 24, 2017 8:01 pm

4adream10 wrote:Thank you all for the responses!!! I read blogs, visit sites, heck, every few months I go to WDW website to quote prices. All part of "wishing". I will get there again someday!!!
That's the spirit!

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Apr Wed 26, 2017 12:46 pm

I liked the memories, 4adream10. Happy memories with grandparents and bittersweet ones where things don't all go as planned are equal when you look back. I hope you can get another trip in.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.