WDW Dec 2016 trip

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

WDW Dec 2016 trip

Post by cousininmiami » Dec Fri 02, 2016 9:46 am

Leaving for WDW this afternoon, driving up from Miami for the weekend!

We have reservations at Homecoming in Disney Springs tonight, and super excited about that! It is supposed to be delicious southern cooking. I've heard that the fried chicken is an experience in itself! And Moonshine cake for dessert is on the list too. Then gonna walk around Disney Springs, we have not been there since the reopening. We have avoided it for a couple years... should be interesting.

Saturday is breakfast at the Wave in the Contemporary Resort. This is actually a great trick of mine... get breakfast reservations at one of the Monorail Resorts then you are able to park there and utilize the Monorails for the entire day! Our plan is to go the EPCOT for the day then back to Magic Kingdom for dark time. MK is open until midnight on Saturday night, so we will see the castle all lit up, and the Christmas trees and decorations. Holiday wishes too! Then all we have to do at the end of the night is walk back to the Contemporary! Easy :-)

Sunday morning breakfast at Kona Cafe in the Poly, then Monorail over to the Grand Floridian to see the decorations and Gingerbread House!!

Really looking forward to this trip... I love Christmastime at WDW. I will post pictures when I get back. :-)
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: WDW Dec 2016 trip

Post by Amy » Dec Fri 02, 2016 11:04 am

Sounds like a nice weekend you have planned. So as long as you eat at one of the restaurants on the monorail line, they don't care if you park there all day? Do you just tell them when you arrive you are dining there and they give you a pass?
Disney Springs looks like it has changed so much with the recent renovations. It looks like it is really nice now.
We love the resort at Christmas-time too ~ it is so beautifully decorated and festive! Looking forward to your pictures :goofy_bounce:

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: WDW Dec 2016 trip

Post by NaCler » Jan Fri 27, 2017 11:30 pm

So... inquiring minds want to know. How was Homecoming??? I've heard many good things. Take any pictures? How is breakfast at the Wave? Is it buffet or menu? Breakfast at Kona? Tonga Toast? (Yes, I mainly care about the food!) Also, I heard the gingerbread houses weren't as big and elaborate this year. What did you think?