Shanghai Disneyland Trip Report: October 21-23, 2016

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Shanghai Disneyland Trip Report: October 21-23, 2016

Post by horizons1 » Oct Fri 21, 2016 8:59 am

Greetings! I'm writing this from the Toy Story Hotel at Shanghai Disneyland. An international work trip took me to several stops in China and I was able to swing a weekend here at the new park. As I write, it's Friday night at about 9pm. I'm here through Monday morning and have a park ticket for Saturday and Sunday, so expect loads of pics and detail.

Day 1: Friday, October 21

There are two airports in Shanghai: Pudong and Hongquao. SDL is closer to the former, but my work had me over near the latter so the first decision today was how to get from there to here. Traffic in Shanghai is terrible and the roads are always under construction. My co-worker who lives here recommended I simply take the subway. That worked out great. I rode Line 10 to Line 11 and followed that out to the end, which is the Disneyland station. Super easy and it took a little over an hour and cost about $1 US. Way cheaper and faster than a taxi. The Line 11 train was even Disney-themed to get me in the mood.

Arriving at the Disney station, you need to take the blue bus (not pictured) from the transportation center to the resort hotels. Len, I think you are the one who loves the WDW busses. You'd be in hog heaven here as the resort buses are hybrids. It's like riding in a giant Prius.

I checked in and secured my guide map and times schedule, then it was off to the room. The rooms are very similar to those in Paris. Identical bathrooms. They supplied six bottles of water and there's a mini fridge. Nice. No safe though, which I would really appreciate with all my work gear that I have to leave in the room. I'm sure there's a safe in the office but what a hassle. Anyway, the walls are still thin - I can hear people showering and voices in other rooms - very much like what I didn't like about the All Star rooms and the cheaper hotels in Paris.

The view outside my room is a bit blurry as there is a big storm blowing through but I can see the Tron coaster and the castle from my window. If I wait, I can even see the Tron coaster trains zip by. Can't wait to ride it.

Other amenities include slippers and a cute little metal box shaped like a lunchbox that contained some tooth brushes. All the toiletries are branded Toy Story Hotel, not generic Disney. Classy.

The entire hotel still has the new construction smell and everything is clean and functional. Well, except for this strange thing I noticed in the elevator. As you can see below, there is a separate keypad for wheelchair guests to select rooms. Nice, but unfortunately you need to scan your keycard on a pad on the OTHER SIDE OF THE ELEVATOR to activate the floor. I can just imagine someone in a wheelchair trying to figure that one out. Baffling.

There's one eatery in the Toy Story Hotel that offers food stations similar to the Sunshine Seasons setup in Epcot's Land pavilion. All Asian menus at each station. There is, however, a small coffee and dessert stand that also offers some sandwiches. But no pizza, no burgers, no chicken fingers. Surprising for a family hotel but I guess this being geared toward locals rather than foreign tourists it makes sense.

I took the bus over to the Disneyland Hotel. The architecture is nothing like the sister hotels at the other parks. This one is a classic/modern fusion. Very nice looking and unique. I don't know my architecture enough to name the style - maybe one of you can. But I found it ornate without being overdone.

There is a small bar, a couple restaurants, and a buffet themed to Beauty & The Beast.

Outside the Disneyland Hotel there is a little garden area themed to The Lion King that includes a walking maze (not quite a hedge maze) and water play area.

The appeal of the DL Hotel is that it overlooks Disneyland from across a small lake. There is a "Friendship"-style boat that made me feel like I was back in Florida. The boat is slightly larger and, while there is an outdoor stern section you cannot sit outside. Oddly, there is a "Family Mart" convenience store right at the boat dock. I think this is a chain, and it was a non sequitor both for the non-Disney operation and the location, which really doesn't make much sense.

Here's an example of something that bugs me about this park. While there is certainly a lot of Disney in what I've seen thus far, there are also disturbing shortcuts that feel cheap. Aside from the aforementioned Family Mart, look at the video screen on the ferry. Note that the user interface pops up onscreen when each video starts. This is obviously the video player doing its thing but it's something that could easily have been avoided with a different media player or even a setting change. It looks lazy.

I've seen this sort of thing on Florida's Magical Express and forgave it for being a Mears bus, but here, on Disney property it is just a little, sloppy miss. I realize this is a nit but it's such an easy fix it really bugs me.

OK, now since it was about 6pm in this next sequence the rest of this evening was devoted to Disneytown. This is just past the plaza (the fountain below is in front of the main gates) and is their Downtown Disney. I was pleased that it was built out so much - I expected it to be a small set of shops and some open pads for future development. But no, it's fully built and feels complete. The paths are intimate but spacious and there was a variety of restaurants and shopping.

Want to talk about bread while you eat it? Try here:

Like your bread toasted? Well we've got you covered too:

Yes, this restaurant serves toast. Note the menu below, a slice of peanutbutter toast and milk, tea, or coffee will set you back 27 yuan, or about 4 bucks.

The Blue Frog Bar and Grill offers an incredible BOGO happy hour drink special from 4-8. Wow, two Manhattans for the price of one. For some reason I left feeling happier.

There aren't a lot of people in these pics because the park hadn't closed. It closed at 7pm, so it started getting busier but at this time, around 6pm, I had Disneytown pretty much to myself. There was a little corner where a trio were playing traditional Chinese instruments. Lovely, considering nobody was around and it was raining. I stopped to listen for a bit and give them a little love.

I was happy to see an effort to bring Halloween to China!

Here are some more views:

Finally, back in my room, here's one more pic of the Tron show building as seen from my window:

More to come...
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Shanghai Disneyland Trip Report: October 21-23, 2016

Post by cy1229 » Oct Fri 21, 2016 1:02 pm

Loooooove it!!

I wonder if the "non-Disney" stuff you mention is due to Disneyhaving a less than half share of ownership?

Keep it coming!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Oct Fri 21, 2016 4:24 pm

What was that bus ad promoting corn-sumerisim (first photo on the door) about?

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Oct Fri 21, 2016 5:36 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:What was that bus ad promoting corn-sumerisim (first photo on the door) about?
Ha! It appeared to be a game for mobile phones. The angry corn (holding a staff that also looked like a cornstalk) was gesturing angrily at a giant fish standing above the waves holding a spatula.

acp
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Post by acp » Oct Sat 22, 2016 5:16 am

horizons1 wrote:Greetings! I'm writing this from the Toy Story Hotel at Shanghai Disneyland. An international work trip took me to several stops in China and I was able to swing a weekend here at the new park. As I write, it's Friday night at about 9pm. I'm here through Monday morning and have a park ticket for Saturday and Sunday, so expect loads of pics and detail.
Ooh, yay :)
The view outside my room is a bit blurry as there is a big storm blowing through but I can see the Tron coaster and the castle from my window. If I wait, I can even see the Tron coaster trains zip by. Can't wait to ride it.
Nice. did the park view room cost extra, or is it just random which way you end up facing?
Other amenities include slippers and a cute little metal box shaped like a lunchbox that contained some tooth brushes. All the toiletries are branded Toy Story Hotel, not generic Disney. Classy.
That's tin with the toiletries in is quite a nice touch. Will make a nice souvenir :)
The entire hotel still has the new construction smell and everything is clean and functional. Well, except for this strange thing I noticed in the elevator. As you can see below, there is a separate keypad for wheelchair guests to select rooms. Nice, but unfortunately you need to scan your keycard on a pad on the OTHER SIDE OF THE ELEVATOR to activate the floor. I can just imagine someone in a wheelchair trying to figure that one out. Baffling.
I noticed the same thing in one of the hotels I stayed in on my recent trip (I forget which, but I think it was the one in Hong Kong). It had a separate panel for wheelchair users, but failed to provide the card reader with it.
There's one eatery in the Toy Story Hotel that offers food stations similar to the Sunshine Seasons setup in Epcot's Land pavilion. All Asian menus at each station. There is, however, a small coffee and dessert stand that also offers some sandwiches. But no pizza, no burgers, no chicken fingers. Surprising for a family hotel but I guess this being geared toward locals rather than foreign tourists it makes sense.
One of the things that I always found interesting about TDR and HKDL is that they have a much wider variety of choices for quick-service food, much unlike WDW where it's pretty much all the same throughout the entire resort no matter where you go.

Of course, me being a somewhat picky eater, finding something to eat becomes a bit harder there... I spend a while before the trip trying to google up recent menus to get an idea of where's a good place to try...
Oddly, there is a "Family Mart" convenience store right at the boat dock. I think this is a chain, and it was a non sequitor both for the non-Disney operation and the location, which really doesn't make much sense.
Yeah, FamilyMart is a Japanese convenience store chain that's spread around Asia a bit. They're all over the place in Japan.

TDR has a convenience store in the Disneyland Hotel, but as far as I can tell it's not a chain one, but rather one run by the hotel. I always thought it seemed a little out of place as it's just off the main entrance and entirely lacks theming of any kind once you step into it.

Still, it's handy to have there. Assuming it uses the standard FamilyMart prices rather than Disney's somewhat inflated prices (I could go on a whole rant about that at HKDL... Bottle of coke in the 7-eleven next to my hotel: $10. Same bottle inside HKDL: $30. And no, I didn't round those - those are the exact prices. <ahem>)
Here's an example of something that bugs me about this park. While there is certainly a lot of Disney in what I've seen thus far, there are also disturbing shortcuts that feel cheap. Aside from the aforementioned Family Mart, look at the video screen on the ferry. Note that the user interface pops up onscreen when each video starts. This is obviously the video player doing its thing but it's something that could easily have been avoided with a different media player or even a setting change. It looks lazy.

I've seen this sort of thing on Florida's Magical Express and forgave it for being a Mears bus, but here, on Disney property it is just a little, sloppy miss. I realize this is a nit but it's such an easy fix it really bugs me.
:? That does seem a little lazy. I wonder how nobody noticed that (or if they did, why they didn't seem to bother trying to fix it).

Having said that, it also seems a little odd that it looks like it's just a standard TV plonked on the wall. Normally a display board like that would at least be mounted into the wall so it doesn't look like it's just a standard TV hanging around...
OK, now since it was about 6pm in this next sequence the rest of this evening was devoted to Disneytown. This is just past the plaza (the fountain below is in front of the main gates) and is their Downtown Disney. I was pleased that it was built out so much - I expected it to be a small set of shops and some open pads for future development. But no, it's fully built and feels complete. The paths are intimate but spacious and there was a variety of restaurants and shopping.

There aren't a lot of people in these pics because the park hadn't closed. It closed at 7pm, so it started getting busier but at this time, around 6pm, I had Disneytown pretty much to myself. There was a little corner where a trio were playing traditional Chinese instruments. Lovely, considering nobody was around and it was raining. I stopped to listen for a bit and give them a little love.
That looks oddly quiet for a time that the park's actually open :o

Did it actually get busier when the park itself closed (as in, other than people just using it as an exit?)
Finally, back in my room, here's one more pic of the Tron show building as seen from my window:
Nice. I assume you could see the fireworks, too (or was that while you were wandering around DisneyTown? In which case, out of interest, did they pipe the music into DisneyTown?)
More to come...
Very cool. Shanghai Disney Resort is one of the places I'm considering for next year's trip, so I'm reading up on various trip reports/photos/etc at the moment to get an idea of what to expect/how things work. Looking forward to the rest of your trip report :)
Subsonic Radio Admin and former Walt Disney World Cast Member

Subsonic Radio Player for Windows (Latest version: 1.8.5 - More info)

Disneyland Paris: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Walt Disney World: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019
Tokyo Disney Resort: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2016, 2017
Shanghai Disneyland: 2018

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Oct Sat 22, 2016 8:27 am

acp wrote:Nice. did the park view room cost extra, or is it just random which way you end up facing?
When I checked in I asked for any upgrades that might be available. I had a 2 bed garden view and was upgraded to 1 queen garden view. It just happened to be facing the right way. There is another wing that is closer to the park and probably what they officially call a park view.
acp wrote:One of the things that I always found interesting about TDR and HKDL is that they have a much wider variety of choices for quick-service food, much unlike WDW where it's pretty much all the same throughout the entire resort no matter where you go.

Of course, me being a somewhat picky eater, finding something to eat becomes a bit harder there... I spend a while before the trip trying to google up recent menus to get an idea of where's a good place to try...
I am picky too but am fine with a lot of Asian foods. But I wonder if the locals will make the same complaint about their park that you made about WDW because it seemed there were a lot of repeat menus, or at least, similar menus. Oh, and only one place for burgers - Tomorrowland. Because burgers are our future.
acp wrote:That looks oddly quiet for a time that the park's actually open :o

Did it actually get busier when the park itself closed (as in, other than people just using it as an exit?)
I didn't stick around much after park close but it appeared that most people headed for the parking lot. Some did wander toward Disneytown. The restaurant operators looked so bored.
acp wrote:Nice. I assume you could see the fireworks, too (or was that while you were wandering around DisneyTown? In which case, out of interest, did they pipe the music into DisneyTown?)
Yes and yes. But with the rain the fireworks were just bright bursts of misty clouds. They pipe the music into the rooms over the TV, just like at HKDL. Here's that old trip report for comparison.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9657

acp

Post by acp » Oct Sat 22, 2016 10:07 am

horizons1 wrote:
acp wrote:That looks oddly quiet for a time that the park's actually open :o

I didn't stick around much after park close but it appeared that most people headed for the parking lot. Some did wander toward Disneytown. The restaurant operators looked so bored.
That's a shame. I would've thought that DisneyTown would have been reasonably busy, given it's the only bit that's free to get into... You mentioned there was a storm going through.. maybe it was that causing people to stay away for the night?
acp wrote:Nice. I assume you could see the fireworks, too (or was that while you were wandering around DisneyTown? In which case, out of interest, did they pipe the music into DisneyTown?)
Yes and yes. But with the rain the fireworks were just bright bursts of misty clouds. They pipe the music into the rooms over the TV, just like at HKDL. Here's that old trip report for comparison.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9657
Ah, cool. I was in HKDL a few weeks ago. I didn't stay at a Disney hotel, though (much cheaper to stay in the middle of Hong Kong itself). I did have a walk around both of the hotels there (and had lunch in the Studio Lounge at the Hollywood Hotel, which was more expensive than I expected!). They're building a third hotel between the existing two in HKDL now. Although it's quite tall now, it's not decorated enough to be able to tell what its theme is yet.

Looking forward to your thoughts on the park itself :)

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Oct Sat 22, 2016 11:07 am

Day 2: Saturday, October 22

OK, I'm at the end of my Saturday, it's about 10pm here and the park was open today from 9am-8pm. First off, it was not a nice weather day. Typhoon Haima which made landfall near Hong Kong caused a lot of rain last night, as you saw in the pics, and even more today. It rained steady and at medium intensity all morning and into the early afternoon, then off-and-on sprinkles for about three blessed hours. Then around 5pm it started up again, heavy at times, through closing.

The weather caused me to move about the park haphazardly, taking advantage of indoors as much as possible and doing some outside stuff during the break in the weather. As a result, I am not going to give you a chronology today - just a rundown of my activities and observations. Tomorrow's forecast calls for the rain to ease up in the morning, so I am typing with crossed-fingers.

First, a couple obligatory views from just past Mickey Avenue. As you probably know, they don't have a Main Street here. Well, they actually do, it's just very short and it's sort of a cross between Main Street and Toontown. There are some whimsical buildings and signs but the stores are what you'd expect. Here are two views from the same spot, one looking back toward the entrance and the other looking the opposite direction toward the castle.

The space in front of the castle is vast. It's not a plaza, but a sort of extension of Fantasyland they call Gardens of Imagination. Dumbo and the carousel are here, as is a lot of space for fireworks viewing.

Walking to the left you go toward Tomorrowland - the only park where it's reversed. Before you get there, you pass a path leading to Disneytown. It's really not far from the main gate but it is convenient to the restaurants and shops to go in/out that way. I bet HKDL will do the same thing if they ever get around to building their Disneytown. There, the gate would need to be in Adventureland but I digress.

Past that is a big open space with some circular planter things that look like they're supposed to be fountains. I suspect this will be developed into something - probably a restaurant given its location. EDIT: On second thought, I think they are just rock barriers for the grazzy marsh.

Here's my theory on why they decided to put Tomorrowland on the left. See the giant powerlines in the background of this pic below? Those towers are seen on either side of Tron and no amount of trees will hide them. Maybe the imagineers and park planners looked at the site and said "Hmm, well if we're stuck with power lines they make more sense in Tomorrowland than anything with an adventure theme."

And while we're in Tomorrowland, acp remember I said Hamburgers Are Our Future:

Buzz Lightyear Planet Rescue follows the pattern of other Buzz's in that every successive one takes advantage of better technology. This one is the best - the targets are video screens and not just signs, there is force feedback on your blaster when you hit a target, and the score counter is also a screen. It's all very kinetic and slick.

It's basically the same ride though. You know, the reason Emperor Zurg keeps losing is because he is dumb enough to label all his most sensitive spots with big yellow Z's. He really should work on that.

Jumping over to Fantasyland, I had a fastpass for Peter Pan and, as is typical, I needed it. Even with double row vehicles that attraction is not a people eater. Just look at the Fastpass line:

And they had this nice fountain out front:

Fantasyland is huge, even if you don't count the Gardens of Imagination, which you should. It's got all kinds of sides to it and there is plenty of room for even more growth back there. Voyage to the Crystal Grotto takes up the middle space behind the castle where you'd normally find the carousel and dark rides. Instead, this big water ride takes up several acres and you have to walk around it to get to other attractions.

The ride itself was not as boring as I feared. I had heard complaints that the displays don't have much animation, which is true. They're mostly dancing waters. But that's not the point. It's a series of vignettes and an excuse to hear instrumental versions of some of your favorite animated movie songs. All the big ones are there - Beauty, Mermaid, Fantasia, etc. Happily for this reviewer - YES Tangled but NO Frozen. Tangled gets a lot of love here. There is a scene on the ride and a little boat tied up at the dock when you get off.

Did you notice the frying pan in the above pic? I love it. The Voyage ride also has really, really nice boats. Imagine super-fancy Jungle Cruise boats with solid roofs and high tech lighting.

Another thing that was better than I expected was the castle. We've all heard how humongous their castle is. And it is big, but the way they played with elevations of the surrounding buildings and pathways it doesn't ever seem too big. Given the scale of the park itself, the castle seems to fit. It also probably helps that the park is still somewhat undeveloped so there aren't any stark contrasts of the castle next to a "normal" sized building.

Inside the castle is the Royal Banquet Hall, a couple shops, and a walkthrough sort of like Sleeping Beauty's but this one is called Once Upon a Time Adventure. There are some good video and special effects in the story scenes and you go from room to room instead of just looking at little dioramas. Simple but effective.

Pooh and his pals in the 100 Acre Wood almost get an entire land to themselves. There is a Pooh-themed ride that replaces the teacups and the standard Pooh darkride but with a really nice queue. Oh, and the giant book pages are in Chinese characters of course. The whole, shall we say, "Pooh Corner", has it's own soft yellow and white color scheme that sets it apart from the rest of Fantasyland.

Moving down toward Adventure Isle and Treasure Cove (I will call this the "adventure complex" since it's really two combined lands) you pass this little shop: Scuttle's Shiny Things. I appreciate all nods to The Little Mermaid.

The path from Fantasyland to the adventure complex is long and there is more room for expansion that is occupied right now with picnic seating.

OK, I have no pictures but I have to say that one of my two favorite attractions in this park is their Pirates. In case you didn't know, this version is based upon the movie franchise, which I think is funny (a ride based upon a movie based upon a ride). It is simply spectacular. The sheer scale of the thing is shocking - physical sets that tower several stories above you and massive projection that doesn't detract from the show.It is amazing.

Located in the half of the adventure complex called Treasure Cove, the ride is officially called Pirates of the Caribbean - Battle for the Sunken Treasure. The "boats" aren't really boats. They go in the water but the ride vehicles are more like what is used on Pooh or Mystic Manor. They are on wheels and on a track under the water and are capable of speeding up, slowing down, stopping, and turning completely around. All is done very well and not in any way that seems gimmicky. I am telling you - this is a first class 21st century attraction. And I thought Mystic Manor at HKDL was great. This blows that ride out of the water, pardon the pun.

If all that weren't enough - the ride is a true people eater. The standby wait time was never more than 10 minutes all day. No need for Fastpass on this one.

Speaking of Fastpasses, I followed the advice on someone's blog and went straight to the Fastpass distribution point inside the adventure complex to get a pass for Soarin'. Despite getting there about 15 minutes past opening they said they were all out. It turns out, however, there was some sort of mechanical issue - at least in the show building where I rode Soarin'. The entire middle three rows remained on the ground and only the sides went up. Obviously with that kind of reduced capacity I am sure Fastpass would've just made the standby wait intolerable. As it was, it maxed out at 105 minutes during the day. When I got there first thing though, the wait was a tidy 10 minutes.

And 10 minutes was a bit too much for the new Soarin' Over the Horizon. There is so much CG in it that it ruined the experience. Where Soarin' (Over California) was essentially real (golfball and fireworks notwithstanding) almost all the scenes in the new film seemed too good to be true or were otherwise tampered with. Ugh, it was bad.

I rode Roaring Rapids and it is a stock rapids ride except for the dragon inside a show building. The dragon, unfortunately, was inoperative and they seemed to have shop lights on - we breezed past it and nobody in my raft seemed to even pay attention to it!

Both Soarin' and Roaring Rapids are located in the other half of the adventure complex - Adventure Isle.

They are big on Capt'n Jack Sparrow. Aside from the Pirates ride there's a stage show that borrows heavily some sight gags and effects from the Muppets, a shipwreck playground, and another pirate ship that's a walkthrough reminiscent of the Columbia at the original Disneyland.

The Tarzan show, I think, has been in other parks. But this one did a lot with untethered acrobatics that would've made a State-side OSHA inspector lose sleep. That is to say, the death-defying was really good.

Now on to the thing I had been waiting for. Tron Lightcycle Power Run (they love long names at this park.) I left it until later in the day because I heard it handled crowds well and the wait would be short. It was, plus it had a single rider line.

Because the ride vehicles have you straddle a seat like a motor(er, light) cycle, you cannot bring on any personal items so there are free locker rentals outside. Free for I think three hours, which is very nice.

First off - I love Tron so I was geeking out over this ride. But even if you never saw the movies you would probably really like/appreciate the theming, lighting, and overall ride quality. My first ride (of three) had me grinning from ear to ear the entire time. It's super-smooth, fast and swoopy. No loops. No rough bits. The onboard audio and the sounds inside the show building are nice and loud, and everything glows in a very pleasing way.

They have a dual-track station, with each side having separate offload and loading areas. That means there are four trains in the station at one time and a fifth out on the track. This is why there is never a long wait. Of course, next year we'll see if they still run it this way.

And the attention to detail for fans of the movie is appreciated. Right down to the backs of the seats including light-up identity discs so every rider looks like a "program" on the game grid. Suhweet!

Here are some other views around Tomorrowland, which itself is unlike any other. It's more of an Expo Center style with two levels, lots of curvy bits, etc. It's pretty to look at, but we'll need to see how they incorporate future attractions without messing up the style.

Sitting in between Tomorrowland and Gardens of Imagination is the Marvel Universe attraction. This is basically Star Wars Launch Bay for Marvel (they have Launch Bay too, by the way.) You can get your picture taken with Spider-Man or Captain America, look at all seven generations of Iron Man suits, etc.

I was able to ride some attractions multiple times and had a full day, despite the rain. I'm glad I get to go back tomorrow though and look forward to dry feet and the ability to take more pics.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sat 22, 2016 3:55 pm

Wow ~ the park looks amazing! This is so much fun to see so much, and in real time no less. That's awesome that you were able to tack it on to your work trip :D

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Oct Sat 22, 2016 9:21 pm

The sun is shining this morning! Hooray!!!

Looks like it's going to be a good second day.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sun 23, 2016 9:25 am

horizons1 wrote:The sun is shining this morning! Hooray!!!

Looks like it's going to be a good second day.
Yay! Hope you have a great day :D Looking forward to more photos! Can you park hop today?

acp

Post by acp » Oct Sun 23, 2016 10:03 am

Amy wrote:Can you park hop today?
Hop between the one park they've got in Shanghai? :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sun 23, 2016 11:02 am

acp wrote:
Amy wrote:Can you park hop today?
Hop between the one park they've got in Shanghai? :lol:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Oct Sun 23, 2016 6:56 pm

I'll probably post the pics tonight, as I got back to my room exhausted last night and had to pack. I'm sitting in the airport now, awaiting a flight to Singapore. It was a good day - no rain at all. What a difference from the day before.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sun 23, 2016 8:02 pm

horizons1 wrote:I'll probably post the pics tonight, as I got back to my room exhausted last night and had to pack. I'm sitting in the airport now, awaiting a flight to Singapore. It was a good day - no rain at all. What a difference from the day before.
So glad you had a really nice day today ~ :goofy_bounce: