Disneyland 2016

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Disneyland 2016

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 15, 2016 3:35 pm

Figured I would start a new place for my trip planning and report as it has changed so much over the course of the last few months. If anyone is interested, here is the link to the original start of this report ~ viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10210

It's official ~ Figment and Amy will be traveling to the west coast house of the mouse in September! :D

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Re: Disneyland 2016

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Aug Tue 16, 2016 7:09 am

Awesome!!!

So, if my calculations are correct, we should see the full TR by Sept. of 2018! How exciting :D :lol: :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 16, 2016 1:33 pm

wewantsdaredhead wrote:Awesome!!!

So, if my calculations are correct, we should see the full TR by Sept. of 2018! How exciting :D :lol: :lol:
I was just thinking I have to finish up the other one now in my quest to "always" (note the use of " ") finish one TR before starting another trip ~ shoot :roll:
:lol:

Wizzard419
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Tue 16, 2016 2:04 pm

Are you going to be here before or after "Halloween-time" starts? They start it pretty early, so as long as you are not going before 9/9, you won't miss the overlays.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 16, 2016 3:57 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Are you going to be here before or after "Halloween-time" starts? They start it pretty early, so as long as you are not going before 9/9, you won't miss the overlays.
Pleasantly surprised to see the overlay for Haunted Mansion will be in place already when we are there, although I was ok seeing it "plain" too as we have only seen it as the Haunted Mansion Holiday version for the last few trips out to DL. Going to have to remember to look for the Hatbox Ghost there since I couldn't seem to find him at WDW the last time we went :lol:
Pretty excited to see the Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy too ~ haven't ever seen that one. Pretty sure my brother will go on that with me. :D

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Aug Tue 16, 2016 5:53 pm

That quickly? :D :D :D :D

Really, really happy you're able to go, Amy!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 16, 2016 8:19 pm

cy1229 wrote:

That quickly? :D :D :D :D

Really, really happy you're able to go, Amy!
It could happen but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you ;) :lol:
Thanks ~ us too. Mom is already saying "We're going to WDW next year!" Not sure that is happening, but never say never as I would never have guessed we were going to DL this year!

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Tue 16, 2016 8:34 pm

I didn't know they installed the hatbox ghost in Florida as well, but if you didn't see it then it must have been turned off. It isn't exactly subtle, and considering the hype for it, they make sure it is the center of attention when you see it.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 17, 2016 7:47 am

Wizzard419 wrote:I didn't know they installed the hatbox ghost in Florida as well, but if you didn't see it then it must have been turned off. It isn't exactly subtle, and considering the hype for it, they make sure it is the center of attention when you see it.
They only have it at DL. I just got confused the last time we were at WDW and I was watching so intently for it that I was disappointed I didn't see it :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 18, 2016 1:37 pm

Got the airline tickets all situated this morning! And now the air conditioner isn't working again. Grrrrrr. Going to stop and buy a fuse puller after afternoon lessons and start there. The last time that was supposedly what the problem was, although they spent a lot of time outside with the unit as well. When it rains, it pours.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 26, 2016 7:51 pm

Got a $10 tip at my last set of lessons tonight :D The Mom was out with one of the older kids on errands and the Dad couldn't find the checkbook. He asked what they owed, I told him and he gave me $10 extra and told me to "keep the change". I offered to give him change twice but he told me not to look a gift horse in the mouth so I shut up and said "Thank you!"
Since I was so tickled to have a little extra, he laughed and told me I should go to Disneyland. His advice when I told him we were indeed going to visit my brother and his family was that we should fly from Northern Cali to Southern and back as it only costs about $100 each. Hmm, $400 for the 4 of us, plus a rental car, and a good chunk of the day still taken up with travel. Thinking we'll just stick with the car trip, but it I suppose it is nice to see how the other half lives. :lol: (They are going to Hawaii in the same time frame we will be gone, and 2 of their kids live in the LA area and 1 lives in San Fran ~ small world)

Wizzard419

Post by Wizzard419 » Aug Fri 26, 2016 8:34 pm

Unless he is flying ghetto air, flying from Oakland or San Jose to Ontario or San Diego, you probably won't be able to find anything for that price. At that point you will then be spending for a car (cabs won't take you) to get to OC.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 26, 2016 9:12 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Unless he is flying ghetto air, flying from Oakland or San Jose to Ontario or San Diego, you probably won't be able to find anything for that price. At that point you will then be spending for a car (cabs won't take you) to get to OC.
I didn't look up the price, but I know the last we were out there, we started in Southern Cali with my oldest brother. And thenhe went back home and we flew up to Northern Cali and it took a lot longer than I expected with having to get to the airport, through security, the flight itself, etc. It just wouldn't be worth it to me to pay the extra for airfare and car rental rather than drive. Now if I had endless buckets of cash to spend, I might think otherwise. But we're planning on some stops on the way to help break up the trip and hoping for some whale or dolphin sightings as well.
(He works for a large company and racks up a lot of airline miles as well as hotel points so he probably doesn't have to pay much for travel out of pocket, using his airline miles instead.)

zhoover
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by zhoover » Aug Mon 29, 2016 1:47 pm

Amy wrote:Pleasantly surprised to see the overlay for Haunted Mansion will be in place already when we are there, although I was ok seeing it "plain" too as we have only seen it as the Haunted Mansion Holiday version for the last few trips out to DL.
I've been to Disneyland three times - once over Labor Day weekend for the Disneyland Half-Marathon in 2013, then twice for the early-January races in '15 and '16. Accordingly, the Haunted Mansion has been closed either to put up or take down the holiday overlay each time.

Boooooooo..... But finally checking it out when I'm there for a wedding next May (see other post I started...) will be a highlight!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 29, 2016 2:18 pm

zhoover wrote:
Amy wrote:Pleasantly surprised to see the overlay for Haunted Mansion will be in place already when we are there, although I was ok seeing it "plain" too as we have only seen it as the Haunted Mansion Holiday version for the last few trips out to DL.
I've been to Disneyland three times - once over Labor Day weekend for the Disneyland Half-Marathon in 2013, then twice for the early-January races in '15 and '16. Accordingly, the Haunted Mansion has been closed either to put up or take down the holiday overlay each time.

Boooooooo..... But finally checking it out when I'm there for a wedding next May (see other post I started...) will be a highlight!
Oh, that would stink! Glad you will finally be able to see it zhoover! :hm_ghost: