Going back in October!!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Metalfan
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Going back in October!!

Post by Metalfan » Jul Sun 10, 2016 6:02 pm

Well, after lots of thinking and just getting through some life things, I decided to do something great for my girlfriend and take her to Disney for her birthday! We had been wanting to go back since our last trip in January but things kept coming up. One day I sat there, looked at finances and decided that the perfect birthday present for her would be to spend it in a place she absolutely loves. She was thrilled with it and now, it's just paying it off and counting down the days lol.

We're staying at Pop Century. We stayed there in january and she enjoyed it. I'm attempting to get us a couple nights at AK Lodge but nothing is available. I'll check up until the day we leave. We'll be there the 19-24. Still a ways to go.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Going back in October!!

Post by Amy » Jul Sun 10, 2016 6:31 pm

Congratulations! You might check directly with AK and let them know you are celebrating a birthday, staying at Pop, and trying to get a few nights at AKL ~ see what they can do

Metalfan

Post by Metalfan » Aug Wed 17, 2016 11:53 am

We decided to scrap the AKL idea because my girlfriend wanted to actually do ADRs this trip. Something she's never done and I haven't done in years.

We'll be at Garden Grille, BOG, 1900, Wave and Via Napoli over the course of our 5 park days at Disney!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 17, 2016 1:23 pm

Metalfan wrote:We decided to scrap the AKL idea because my girlfriend wanted to actually do ADRs this trip. Something she's never done and I haven't done in years.

We'll be at Garden Grille, BOG, 1900, Wave and Via Napoli over the course of our 5 park days at Disney!
Very nice ~ AKL would have been nice as well, but I think you'll both enjoy the sit down meals as well.
If you like fresh light fried things at all ~ I know, light and fried don't really seem to go together, but they really do in this case ~ I highly recommend the Zeppole di Caterina at Via Napoli! It comes with a thick chocolate sauce and fresh whipped cream on the side ~ so delicious and worth saving room for at the end of your meal! They're seasonal too, so hopefully they are available when you are there. I was so sad when they weren't on the menu the last time we went. :(
And the Grey Stuff cupcake at BOG is well worth the splurge as well!

Metalfan

Post by Metalfan » Aug Wed 17, 2016 1:35 pm

Thanks Amy!!! Yea, it just said they didn't have rooms for too long. Then we decided to go this route and boom rooms popped up lol. But I think we'll enjoy these places. Gives us some character meals which I know she'll love. She really wanted BOG for dinner on her birthday so we had to do that. I hope the zeppole is there because I want to try it! And she's all excited about the grey stuff.