A 25 Hour Trip to WDW

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

zhoover
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

A 25 Hour Trip to WDW

Post by zhoover » Mar Fri 11, 2016 4:06 pm

When the Star Wars Dark Side Half-Marathon registration re-opened a few weeks ago, I signed up. The only way I'm getting away with going (we're having our second baby next week, exactly a month before the race) is that I'm flying down the 16th, running the morning of the 17th, then flying back that same evening. A work-friend-and-regular-running-pal is coming with me. We're staying at Riverside and DON'T plan to go into a park the night of the 16th. I'm going to post the itinerary I've drawn up in my head below - where am I going wrong? I've never stayed at Port Orleans before - what shouldn't I miss?

1:15pm - flight arrives at MCO. We have 2 hours and 45 to get DME to Riverside and get race transportation to ESPN before the race EXPO closes at 4.
4:30 - after packet pick-up at ESPN, get race transportation to the Boardwalk for Manhattans at Belle Vue.
5:30 - post-Manhattan walk on the path from the Boardwalk to the 'Studios to get the bus back to Riverside.
6:40 - dinner at Boatwright's at Riverside, then hang out at the pool until bed. The race is at 5 friggin' AM.
Post-Race (7-8AM) - race transportation back to Riverside, shower and pack. Maybe get a drink.
9:30AM - get boat transportation down the Sassagoula to Disney Springs for shopping, drinks and lunch at Jock Lindsay's
1:pm - board back to Riverside for DME back to MCO. Drink at airport.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: A 25 Hour Trip to WDW

Post by Amy » Mar Fri 11, 2016 8:17 pm

Congrats on the upcoming baby ~ that is dedication to go run and not even get to enjoy any of the parks! We stayed at Riverside on our last trip but I can't think of anything offhand that you would really have to, or even have time to!, fit in your schedule.

zhoover

Post by zhoover » Mar Fri 11, 2016 9:52 pm

Is Ye Haa Bob worth checking out?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sat 12, 2016 9:00 am

zhoover wrote:Is Ye Haa Bob worth checking out?
We never went in and sat down while he was playing, but we passed by there a few times and it sounded like a lot of fun. From the show calendar he is there on the 16th from 8:30 - 11:45, so you could probably check out the first part of the show after your dinner at Boatwrights. He plays in the River Roost Lounge which is right next door. I don't know how relaxing you would find it if you are trying to wind down and go to bed though, it seems to be a pretty high energy show. But it's probably worth checking out anyhow :goofy_bounce:

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Mar Mon 14, 2016 9:26 am

Yee Ha Bob is definitely worth checking out, but I agree with Amy---you might not have time for anything else!
I ma curious to hear how Jock's place is--we haven't been there yet.
I love the boat ride down the Sassagoula--its very relaxing.

I am running SW too! Maybe I will see you down there....

zhoover

Post by zhoover » Mar Mon 14, 2016 11:29 am

Maybe we could plan for lunch and a drink at Jock's after the race, unless you've already got other plans! Jock's is very cool - I stopped in a couple of times during our November trip.

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Mar Wed 16, 2016 10:06 am

zhoover wrote:Is Ye Haa Bob worth checking out?
Ye Haa Bob is amazing to watch even if you only have a minute! He is actually one of the reasons we choose Riverside again for our next trip. We arrive on April 18th.

Congratulations on the new baby and good luck with the Race!

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Mar Wed 16, 2016 2:59 pm

zhoover wrote:Maybe we could plan for lunch and a drink at Jock's after the race, unless you've already got other plans! Jock's is very cool - I stopped in a couple of times during our November trip.
Sounds like a winner--I don't think we have anything going on post-race. I will let you know if I can work this out...