Alll BYYY Myyyy Selll-elllllf... At Disneyland...

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Re: Alll BYYY Myyyy Selll-elllllf... At Disneyland...

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Mar Mon 07, 2016 10:48 am

Very nice Cy! I have been away far too long....I was enjoying your FB posts so I was well aware you were there, (Mostly because of the Dole Float pic! :) ) but these pics are great.

It's so awesome you got to go there for work. Your comment of "Anaheim, duhh!" sounds familiar. We had to go to Atlanta for an annual meeting this year, but I saw that next year's is in Orlando. So the boss-man says, "You'll be going to THAT one I'm sure!" Duhhhhhh!!

I spent such little time at DL when I was there my one and only time (with NaCler) that so much of this is new to me. I need to address that--we are headed there for the Tink Half in May--now I just need to talk Mary into it :)

Thanks for sharing!!!!

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Mar Tue 08, 2016 12:42 am

wewantsdaredhead wrote:Very nice Cy! I have been away far too long....I was enjoying your FB posts so I was well aware you were there, (Mostly because of the Dole Float pic! :) ) but these pics are great.

It's so awesome you got to go there for work. Your comment of "Anaheim, duhh!" sounds familiar. We had to go to Atlanta for an annual meeting this year, but I saw that next year's is in Orlando. So the boss-man says, "You'll be going to THAT one I'm sure!" Duhhhhhh!!

I spent such little time at DL when I was there my one and only time (with NaCler) that so much of this is new to me. I need to address that--we are headed there for the Tink Half in May--now I just need to talk Mary into it :)

Thanks for sharing!!!!
Oh, you really need to rectify that ASAP! The shopping in New Orleans Square is awesome, and there are things about DLR that WDW just can't match (and vice/versa, too). You guys would love it, I'm sure.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » Mar Tue 08, 2016 12:01 pm

Enjoyed the trip report! Was it strange for you being there by yourself? I think I'd still enjoy it by myself but not as much as with my family! The Dole Whip picture about killed me!!! I want one so bad!! That's the first snack I will get next trip to wdw!! thanks for sharing the pictures!!

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Mar Wed 09, 2016 4:42 pm

brerrabbit1 wrote:Enjoyed the trip report! Was it strange for you being there by yourself? I think I'd still enjoy it by myself but not as much as with my family! The Dole Whip picture about killed me!!! I want one so bad!! That's the first snack I will get next trip to wdw!! thanks for sharing the pictures!!
In some ways it was really weird to be alone, and in others it was really nice. The weird side is not sharing it with someone, and taking a bunch of selfies. Also, boarding a ride like Mr. Toad or Alice in Wonderland by myself was weird. But it was nice, too, because single rider line wasn't any issue, I was a single rider by default. I got to go do exactly what I wanted when I wanted, and choose what I wanted to eat when I was hungry, so that was nice. But my family and I usually have no problem reaching consensus or deciding what to do next, so that wasn't much different from a regular trip.

I wouldn't have purposely set out to go to DLR by myself, but since I could go to whichever city I wanted for this training, and since I was already there for work, I knew I would be going one way or another. And, since we didn't have the roughly $900 for an extra airline ticket plus DLR ticket, a family member couldn't go. I know the price because we checked. And, I tried to figure out how to juggle a lot of financials to make it work and it still wasn't going to work. So, I went by myself and enjoyed my time. None of my family members gave me any grief at all, and while I know that they would have liked to go, and maybe secretly were a little angry or jealous/angry they couldn't go, no one made me feel guilty or like I shouldn't go enjoy myself. So, I had fun. In fact, they all encouraged me to have a good time, and that they really didn't want any souvenir this time around since hubby and I had just brought stuff back in July 2015.

My best suggestion is to take advantage of any opportunities you have to travel and sight-see, wherever you are and whoever you're with, even if it includes a theme park like WDW or DLR. If you MUST travel for work, and there's flexibility, why not build in a day or two here and there to see things?
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Mar Mon 21, 2016 1:09 pm

Just wanted to throw in a quickie update since I had left one loose end -

I PASSED THE CEM EXAM!!!!! :goofy_bounce: :ccat: :hatter_bounce: :figment: :hm_ghost: :goofy_bounce: :ccat: :hatter_bounce: :figment: :hm_ghost: :goofy_bounce: :ccat: :hatter_bounce:

Now I just have to wait for the results of the test plus my application to go to the review committee and I should have my official "CEM" designation by the end of next month!

Yay me!

That's it. :)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Mon 21, 2016 4:45 pm

cy1229 wrote:Just wanted to throw in a quickie update since I had left one loose end -

I PASSED THE CEM EXAM!!!!! :goofy_bounce: :ccat: :hatter_bounce: :figment: :hm_ghost: :goofy_bounce: :ccat: :hatter_bounce: :figment: :hm_ghost: :goofy_bounce: :ccat: :hatter_bounce:

Now I just have to wait for the results of the test plus my application to go to the review committee and I should have my official "CEM" designation by the end of next month!

Yay me!

That's it. :)
Whoo~hoo! Congrats! :D
Does that mean we will have to call you cy1229, CEM then?

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Mar Tue 22, 2016 2:58 pm

Amy wrote: Whoo~hoo! Congrats! :D
Nah. We're all family here. Just cy or cy1229 or almost anything else except "late for dinner". :lol:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Tue 22, 2016 5:22 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Amy wrote: Whoo~hoo! Congrats! :D
Nah. We're all family here. Just cy or cy1229 or almost anything else except "late for dinner". :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: