Alll BYYY Myyyy Selll-elllllf... At Disneyland...

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Alll BYYY Myyyy Selll-elllllf... At Disneyland...

Post by cy1229 » Mar Wed 02, 2016 10:46 pm

(You're supposed to be hearing "All By Myself," by Eric Carmen in your head)

Oh hi! Remember me? Last week was GREAT then HELLACIOUS then GREAT then I came home, and tomorrow I leave again. I'm going to see how much of this I can get done before the hubby reminds me that we have three loads of laundry waiting to be folded or hung and put away. :lol:

Day One: Arrival and Disney's California Adventure
Oh hello again DCA, I remember you, and yes, I, too, am glad I could return so soon!

For those of you who aren't aware, my boss decided to send me to become a certified energy manager, which is a weeklong concentrated crash course followed by a 4-hour, 130-question grueling exam. I essentially had my choice of locations, and when I saw Anaheim.... Well DUH. So I tacked a day on the front and a day on the back ends of my business trip and took advantage of my location. I don't care how many times I do it, flying over the Rocky Mountains is always cool.

The training was being held at the Marriott Anaheim Suites hotel, which is really in Garden Grove (just off Harbor across from the Target), so that's where I stayed. My flight arrived just before noon, and after I had my suitcase in hand I was in a taxi, checking into the hotel, and in the park by 2! And I was STARVING! (They have their own private shuttle for $5 a day, which isn't horrible, but the load/unload zone is closer to Harbor than the ART buses are.)

In search of something to eat, I decided on ice cream. Then I went and grabbed a Fastpass for Soarin' over California, with a return time of 5:35. Finishing my ice cream, I made my way down to Tower of Terror, which of course was FUN. I got to explain the "Oh shoot" handles to the guy next to me (but it wasn't shoot, if you catch my drift). Then it was on to Toy Story Midway Mania. I guess I did all right. I have no idea if this is a good score or not.

Next I rode California Screamin' and went to the Pacific Wharf Cafe for some dinner. I couldn't decide between the chicken salad with apples and walnuts or the Asian one. The Cast Member suggested the Asian salad, so I got that. It was good. (And this time I (sort of) remembered to take food pics!)

Then it was on to Monsters, Inc. (my favorite Pixar). After that, on my way back to Soarin' I stopped to watch the parade a bit:

After that it was my FP at Soarin', and then a very slow meander back to Carsland to ride Radiator Springs Racers.

I walked through Bugs Land on the way out and loved this shot.

By then it was about 8 pm Pacific, which was 11 pm Eastern, and I had gotten up at 4:30 am Eastern for my flight. So, I took the hotel shuttle back to my hotel and CRASHED HARD. I think I MIGHT have been lying with my head on the pillow for 10 minutes before I fell asleep. Maximum 10 minutes. :)

Next day: Disneyland!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Alll BYYY Myyyy Selll-elllllf... At Disneyland...

Post by Amy » Mar Thu 03, 2016 9:38 am

That is great that you were able to choose the location for your trip. Nice pictures ~ and very Disney of you to choose ice cream when you are starving :lol: I don't know about that salad, but those bread bowls from DCA are delicious!
I haven't seen the Incredibles, so I don't know much about the characters. Does the baby have fire coming out of his head??
Hard to tell in the photo, but I'm curious of Sully was an AA on the float or an actual live character.
Ah, Carsland ~ that area is so pretty, especially at night :D
That is a pretty picture from Bugs Land!
P.S. You're making me look bad by getting your TR out so quickly. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it, but still... ;) :lol:

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Mar Thu 03, 2016 6:30 pm

Amy wrote:That is great that you were able to choose the location for your trip. Nice pictures ~ and very Disney of you to choose ice cream when you are starving :lol: I don't know about that salad, but those bread bowls from DCA are delicious!
I haven't seen the Incredibles, so I don't know much about the characters. Does the baby have fire coming out of his head??
Hard to tell in the photo, but I'm curious of Sully was an AA on the float or an actual live character.
Ah, Carsland ~ that area is so pretty, especially at night :D
That is a pretty picture from Bugs Land!
P.S. You're making me look bad by getting your TR out so quickly. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it, but still... ;) :lol:
Salad was really good but definitely has an Asian flavor, so I think maybe you would not like it, Amy. Lots of sesame and ginger.

The baby in the Incredibles can turn into a fireball. There's a Pixar short about the babysitter. Shoot Jeff a FB post and ask him about it. He'll laugh a lot, and then tell you the name of it. It's funny! So to answer your question, yes, there's a propane flame coming out of the baby's head.

I think Sully was a person in a costume. My brain got seriously fried from that exam so I'm having a hard time remembering.

You have until Saturday night to get caught up with your own TR. I won't have any time tomorrow or Saturday morning before I drive home to do any more of it. :lol:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Thu 03, 2016 7:45 pm

Oh, hmm, sesame I like, ginger not so much. I would rather just have the bread anyhow :lol:
I will have to ask Jeff about the short ~ he seemed to appreciate my wishing him a very merry unbirthday in response to his happy birthday wish to me!
Saturday? Um, this Saturday?? :shock:

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Mar Sat 05, 2016 5:48 pm

Yes Amy, this Saturday. As in, today. Right now. :lol:

Day Two: It's Good to Be Back!

My plan was to get up early and on the very first shuttle to DLR and be there at rope drop. But I didn't really have a plan for breakfast, so that kind of threw me off. Anyway, I got up, grabbed a coffee from the Seattle-based coffee company that has a store in the hotel (you know the one) and waited for the shuttle. When I got off the shuttle, I saw this enormously huge, ginormously enormous line waiting for security.

Does anyone ever get tired of seeing this?

While waiting I looked at the TouringPlans list of restaurants to find one for breakfast and had a couple of ideas.. First, I went to Carnation Cafe. I really just wanted something kind of fast, so I left there and went to Jolly Holiday Bakery. They weren't open yet, and I wasn't going to stand in line waiting for a place to open for breakfast. So back to Carnation Cafe I went. I'm glad I did. I ordered the egg white frittata, and it was really good.

The frittatas themselves are smallish - you know the "pancake molds" you can buy at a Disney kitchen store (we have two)? That's the size of the frittatas. But they're really good. The stuff on the left is an avocado/black bean/pico de gallo that I could have eaten an entire bowl of, and it really complemented the frittata well. The potatoes, though, really hit the spot. I rarely eat breakfast potatoes but I ate every morsel of these. In fact, I was a member of the clean plate club! :lol:

The thing that never fails to impress me is the attention to detail that Disney puts into everything. The theming of this restaurant is impeccable, right down to the light fixtures and ceiling detail.

Ok. Breakfast being done, I left for Tomorrowland. It was the Season of the Force event and I had a hunch that as the day progressed it would get busier and busier (I was right). I nabbed fast passes for Buzz and Star Tours (Well, to be honest, I nabbed what I thought was a FP for Star Tours, then saw it was for Buzz, so I went back to the cast member and explained what I'd done, could I get one for Star Tours? The kiosks are literally right beside each other. He told me I could pull both, so I did.) Then it was on to Hyperspace Mountain! Of course, this is essentially the same ride with some new music and sound piped in and a few lighting effects. It begins with the tunnel, where the "commander" coming over the speakers instructs us "pilots" to go into hyperspace, and the lighting in the tunnel makes it look like that's exactly what is going on. Throughout the ride there's audio that sounds like a typical Star Wars space battle, and scattered here and there are green lights that look like shots fired, plus some video of various Rebel Alliance or Empire spacecraft. I still like DLR's version of Space Mountain best, and this just gave it a new twist that was pretty fun.

Then it was on to Roger Rabbit, but on the way I stopped by the fountain next to Astro Orbiters and took a few photos. Very peaceful spot.

(WARNING: This is going to be a TR rife with selfies, because I was by myself. Don't say I didn't warn you.)

After Roger Rabbit I went to Small World. I love it. I'll admit it. As a kid my mom loved it. :shock: :shock: :shock: Am I turning into my mother? :shock: :shock: :shock:

I love these guys! Make me laugh.

I thought about posting this one to my Facebook page but then I forgot about it. :lol:

Then it was on to Pinocchio, and some lunch at the Village Haus. I had a grilled chicken sandwich and fries, which wasn't that great, but it was filling. While eating I was entertained a little bit:

After lunch I went to the monorail, and waited for a turn to ride in the front. A family from the local area was there, and we rode in that part together. It was a mom and her two little kids, who looked to be about 4 years old and probably twins. Their dad had surprised them all by dropping them (but not going himself) at Disneyland that morning. The kids weren't happy with their mom because she had taken them on a faster ride (I forget which one..BTMRR perhaps) and they were scared of literally everything. The little girl almost cried about getting onto the monorail! :lol: That went away quickly, though, when she realized what it was about.

Ok I have to go for now, will finish this day up later this evening.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Mar Sat 05, 2016 10:27 pm

Day Two: It's Good to Be Back! (Continued)

After my fun monorail ride with Miss and Master Worrywart I went and rode Snow White then paid a visit to Mr. Lincoln.

The trees on the hub were blooming and were really pretty against the bright, blue sky.

I shot a lot of the concept art inside the gallery, mostly for my older daughter's benefit.

At this point I was feeling tired, so I got some ice cream on Main Street and sat down outside of Jolly Holiday Bakery to enjoy it. It was really warm, the sun was shining, and I enjoyed the chance to do a little people watching. Then it was on to Pirates of the Caribbean (one of my favorites!).

I did a little browsing, and saw this shirt, which I bought for my girls' chemistry teacher, my friend and former colleague.

I also got two cool CD's. One is a digital remastering of the 1969 souvenir album from the Haunted Mansion and the other is a collection of music and other stuff (I haven't listened to it yet!) including a few digital images. I'm really hoping I get some time tomorrow to look at all of them. So of course I needed to ride Haunted Mansion next, and then Big Thunder Mountain RR! Had a great time.

Stopped for some food at Bengal BBQ. Left to right, it's a veggie skewer, a beef, and the chicken. The beef one I got is the non-spicy one.

After finishing dinner, I made my way to Main Street to watch the Paint the Night parade and Disneyland Forever fireworks "plus". :) I met a wonderful family up from San Diego for the weekend. I had found a place "behind the rope" that I could stand and watch the parade, and there was plenty of space for this family. They came and put their blanket down, and the mom wondered why the dad wasn't answering her texts. The little girl reminded mom that she had dad's phone! :lol: So mom stood in the street watching for dad and I got to chat with the kids. They were at Disneyland celebrating the little girl's tenth birthday. Her younger brother is more shy than she is, and he's about 6 or 7, I think. Really enjoyed chatting with them. Mom and kids have annual passes but this was the first time dad was seeing the parade and fireworks and they were really excited about sharing them with him. I really enjoyed being there with them and hope they had a great day the next day.

After fireworks I went back to the hotel even though it was early. I had to be up early for the start of my "hellacious" part of my week. I was undergoing Certified Energy Manager training, and took the exam on Friday. Still awaiting the results (it's killing me!) but I wanted to share this. I'm pretty daggone proud I survived this week. It was really, really hard.

After that, I had one more day to spend at the parks and I wasn't going to waste a minute of it. :) ...stay tuned
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Mar Sun 06, 2016 10:58 am

Day Three: One Week Later, It's Hello and Goodbye Again

Having had my brain completely fried by remembering mnemonics like "ELI the ICE man," I needed some pixie dust. BAD. The night after taking my exam I had a celebratory steak dinner and glass of wine via room service, and I'm pretty sure I was in bed, sleeping, by 8:30 that night. Thus, I got plenty of sleep for my next day!

I arrived at the parks about 8:45. This day I decided to try using ART again like Jeff and I had on our last trip. It wasn't as convenient to board from the hotel but the buses run more often. A day pass for ART is $5 so it's the same as the hotel shuttle. However, a 3-day pass on ART is $12, so if I were going to stay at this hotel again, and going to the parks 3 consecutive days, I'd do ART just to save $3 per person. ANYway... back to the parks.

The lines weren't bad at security or at the gate, which was nice. I rode a horse-drawn streetcar up Main Street USA. This is a good picture of the castle. A not-so-good picture of me.

Then I went to my favorite Disney movie... well the attraction based on it. The line was at about 40 minutes, and it keeps on moving, so it's not horrible. There isn't any way to avoid long lines at this attraction. It's really popular, and unlike WDW there aren't any FP's for it.

I zipped over to Hyperspace Mountain to pull a FastPass, and then it was on to the thing I miss most at WDW.

I somehow managed to escape Mr. Toad's Wild Ride unscathed, but did notice that the "hades" scene at the end had strong scent of sulfur and I couldn't help but think of Rome burning in Space Ship Earth at Epcot. :lol: From there I went to Alice in Wonderland, and then what is becoming my favorite easy-going attraction. I think it's all the colorful scenes inside. It's not the music, that's for sure!

Selfie time! (Jeff kept asking for selfies of where I was. He was living vicariously through me.)

I had some lunch at Jolly Holiday Bakery - a pastrami Reuben and fries, and ice water. They won't give you a large cup of ice water, but they'll give you two small cups. Am I the only one that thinks that's really wasteful? I didn't take a photo of the food. Sorry. But it was neither awesome nor horrid. It was just a sandwich. Also got an eclair that had an odd chocolate filling I wasn't prepared for.

Next, it was on to ride Buzz Lightyear! At this point, Tomorrowland was INSANE. This was my score. I don't know if this is good or not.

By this time it was my Fastpass time for Hyperspace Mountain, so I rode, and left my sunglasses in the little pouch thingamabob! Dangfrackinabbits! By the time I realized it, my train had long since departed and there wouldn't be any good way to find them. :( Bye bye 5-year-old, $10 sunglasses.

I walked to NO Square and got in line for Haunted Mansion, a 40-minute wait. Then I noticed on my app that Fast Passes were for 40 minutes later. So I bailed out of line, pulled a Fast Pass, and wandered around the railroad depot for a while. That was fun, being able to go "behind the tracks" and poke around a bit.

When it was time for my HM FP, I rode, again, enjoyed it again (tried to get a photo of me and my hitchiking ghost with my cell phone. Unsuccessful.) At this point, the park was crowded as frack. All the lines for everything I might want to do were 45 minutes or more, and I learned that my threshold is probably 45 minutes. Thus, I walked across the park toward the monorail station.

So you're not going to believe this.. there was a line to wait to get on the platform for the MONORAIL!!! While waiting, I could see the cars from the currently-closed-for-refurbishment Autopia. They're just sitting there, getting full of leaves and junk. Are they going to refurb the cars, too? Or replace them? Anyone know?

Once I finally got on the Monorail, I exited at Downtown Disney to check that out. It didn't excite me much, but I did stop at the Jazz Kitchen Express for a Coke Zero and some beignets. Or, as I like to call it, fat, sugar, and caffeine. I made a MESS with all the powdered sugar! They were good but not amazing. I don't understand the fuss.

Walked back up to the Esplanade after doing a little shopping in World of Disney (found that handbag I liked last time, but it was now another $20 more expensive! So I passed again.). Went into DCA for a last trip on Soarin'. Wait, FP's are for 8:00 and I wanted to watch the fireworks, and the line was 55 minutes. Bailed. Went to ToT for a Fastpass. Again, 8:45, and the line was 50 minutes. Bailed. Went to Radiator Springs Racers in the single-rider line. I have to admit, I do like this ride. That took me about 25 minutes, which wasn't horrible. From there I went to ride California Screamin' again and had a BALL. I just love that coaster.

I did a little shopping and got Jeff an Oswald's key chain. I asked the Cast Member if they're going to release the fireworks and parade music, plus any other 60th anniversary music, on a CD. He hadn't heard but gave me a place to ask. He agreed with me that it would be awesome.

Then I left DCA and headed back over to DLR. I wandered a bit before deciding on a Dole Whip float and the Tiki Room. I like the float. The juice helps with the thirsty feeling from the icy dessert, plus it's juice so it must be healthy. Right? Would Dr. Len or Dr. Mark care to interject? :lol: Even the Tiki Room was full.... it was a very, very busy day. TouringPlans.com rated it a 9. I'd have to agree.

My tasty treat:

After that, I caught the tail end of the 8:00 parade, and watched the Disneyland Forever! show from the middle of Main Street. This is, in my opinion, the best place. The crowd isn't really into it that much until the theme from Lion King plays, then everyone cheers, and suddenly it's a sing-along, and then when "I Wanna Be Like You" from The Jungle Book comes on, it's a sing-along dance-along party. By the time the Frozen effect happens (I won't spoil it so if you want to know, PM me) everyone is excited and loving the show. On my first night this trip, I did hear some hipster millennials criticizing the show on the way out of the park because it's going to be hard to top. REALLY kids? :roll: I think they were just criticizing because it's not cool to like Disney because they're a corporation and blah blah blah. ANYWAY back to my last night... when the fireworks were over, the cast members are skilled (and maybe a little pushy) at routing foot traffic to help those who want to leave and those who want to stay. I wanted to head to the back of the park and ride Small World again. Turns out, so did most of the free world. And, you can't just walk through the hub, they push you into Tomorrowland, all the way in to the churro cart before you can u-turn, then back out to go to Fantasyland and up to Small World.

I caught a pretty shot of the fountain on my way through:

By the time I got there, the line was long. But the facade is nice at night.

Then people kept dropping cell phones in the water and making the ride shut down why they tried to fish them out. Then our side wasn't working but the other side was. And the little kid behind me kept walking into me and whining to his dad. By the time I got on the dumb ride I was irritable, tired, cranky, and I needed my blankie and bed. So I decided it wasn't worth it to stay in the park being irritated. So I decided to go. The parade had started down by the Main Street RR Station by then, so I could walk the parade route for awhile and then had to jump onto the sidewalk.

The castle is so pretty at night.

I boarded the ART bus and made my way back down Harbor. Back in my room, I packed and got ready for my trip home.

I'm really glad I went, though I do wish I had a family member along. I don't know when I'll be in SoCal again to enjoy DLR so I'm glad I took the time, crowds notwithstanding.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sun 06, 2016 11:50 am

Day 2 ~ Part I
Wow ~ that line at security looks really long.
Your breakfast looks different and pretty tasty. What was the white stuff on top of the frittata? My family ate at the Carnation Cafe the first time we went. I was too excited to finally be at Disneyland for the first time and stood on Main Street with the mobs of people waiting for rope drop. I'd like to say I would probably eat first and not worry as much about being close to first in line now that I am older, but I think I would still likely be standing out there on the street! :lol:
That fountain really is pretty ~ I don't think I saw that the last time we were there. Do you know if that is part of the Enchanted Fountain with the pixie dust lights at night? I haven't seen that yet either :(
You got some great pictures in It's a Small World. It is so different with the boats being a canal and all the show elements on dry land ~ a little more distracting for me with seeing the cables and cords. But the outside of DL IASW is so pretty with the topiaries and curving queues. And the clock parade is just so much fun :D
That's neat that you are still able to ride in the front of the monorail ~ hope the kids forgave their Mom after a nice gentle ride around the park in the monorail!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sun 06, 2016 11:57 am

Day 2 ~ Part II
It looks pretty crowded there in Fantasyland ~ how were the crowds when you were there? It was a weekend correct? So I would imagine it was a bit busier then.
Those blossoming trees are so pretty!
Love DL's version of the PoC ~ I know it isn't that different from WDW's version, but it is longer and I like going back up the waterfall at the end :D That shirt is cute ~ perfect for a chemistry teacher.
Did you happen to notice how BTMRR little town looked? It was down for refurbishment during our last trip and I was so disappointed not to have been able to ride and see what they had done about sprucing up the old town.
Mmmm, Bengal BBQ. That place always smells so delicious when you walk by it!
Congrats on finishing your course ~ I hope you get your test results soon!
Looking forward to the last day...but not too soon of course... ;) :lol:

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Mar Sun 06, 2016 3:15 pm

Amy wrote:Day 2 ~ Part I
Wow ~ that line at security looks really long.
Your breakfast looks different and pretty tasty. What was the white stuff on top of the frittata? My family ate at the Carnation Cafe the first time we went. I was too excited to finally be at Disneyland for the first time and stood on Main Street with the mobs of people waiting for rope drop. I'd like to say I would probably eat first and not worry as much about being close to first in line now that I am older, but I think I would still likely be standing out there on the street! :lol:
That fountain really is pretty ~ I don't think I saw that the last time we were there. Do you know if that is part of the Enchanted Fountain with the pixie dust lights at night? I haven't seen that yet either :(
You got some great pictures in It's a Small World. It is so different with the boats being a canal and all the show elements on dry land ~ a little more distracting for me with seeing the cables and cords. But the outside of DL IASW is so pretty with the topiaries and curving queues. And the clock parade is just so much fun :D
That's neat that you are still able to ride in the front of the monorail ~ hope the kids forgave their Mom after a nice gentle ride around the park in the monorail!
The white stuff is sour cream, which didn't add to the flavor much at all, but that "salsa" mixture REALLY added to the flavor. It was pico de gallo, avocados, black beans, and corn. With the egg whites, spinach, tomatoes, and mushrooms in the frittata, it was a really delicious flavor combination.

All my photos were taken with my cell phone and I didn't edit them. I just didn't want to lug my big camera on this trip, and I didn't see the point of Photoshopping this set of photos either. Call me lazy. :lol:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Mar Sun 06, 2016 3:17 pm

Amy wrote:Day 2 ~ Part II
It looks pretty crowded there in Fantasyland ~ how were the crowds when you were there? It was a weekend correct? So I would imagine it was a bit busier then.
Those blossoming trees are so pretty!
Love DL's version of the PoC ~ I know it isn't that different from WDW's version, but it is longer and I like going back up the waterfall at the end :D That shirt is cute ~ perfect for a chemistry teacher.
Did you happen to notice how BTMRR little town looked? It was down for refurbishment during our last trip and I was so disappointed not to have been able to ride and see what they had done about sprucing up the old town.
Mmmm, Bengal BBQ. That place always smells so delicious when you walk by it!
Congrats on finishing your course ~ I hope you get your test results soon!
Looking forward to the last day...but not too soon of course... ;) :lol:
It was pretty daggone crowded the whole time I was there, but it was REALLY crowded my last day (see my Day 3 report). It kind of got to me a little bit.

I'm with you on PoC. I don't like to pit one park against the other, but in this case DLR has a definite leg up on WDW.

Sorry, no, I didn't notice BTMRR's little town. Too busy having fun and trying to keep from sliding side to side on the seat. :D
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sun 06, 2016 4:41 pm

Isn't it wonderful how good cell phone cameras are these days? I took a lot with my cell phone on our last trip too. So much easier to snap a quick photo with that than with the camera. But my cell phone camera does not do well in low light conditions :(
Ah yes, one of the disadvantages of solo travels ~ not having a familiar butt to help anchor your place in the more exciting rides ;) :lol:

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Mar Sun 06, 2016 8:45 pm

ELI the ICE man! I remember knowing what that meant at one point...what was it again? Engineering is my field as well, although thankfully so far I haven't had to take any extra courses. Hope you get great test results!

I enjoyed all your great pictures and report! The castle does look lovely at night. That is so cool you can still ride in the front of the monorail out there. One of these days I'll get to Disneyland, just no idea when. Until then thanks for the trip report so I can imagine what it's like :)

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Mar Sun 06, 2016 9:07 pm

ImagineerWannabe wrote:ELI the ICE man! I remember knowing what that meant at one point...what was it again? Engineering is my field as well, although thankfully so far I haven't had to take any extra courses. Hope you get great test results!

I enjoyed all your great pictures and report! The castle does look lovely at night. That is so cool you can still ride in the front of the monorail out there. One of these days I'll get to Disneyland, just no idea when. Until then thanks for the trip report so I can imagine what it's like :)
Thanks for the compliments! I did have a great time.

ELI the ICE man refers to the "emf" (which is electromagnetic field, I think?) lagging behind the current in an inducer and the current lagging behind the "emf" in a capacitor. And I think "emf" is interchangeable with voltage in this application (and only in this application). It came in handy because I had to learn why installing a capacitor changes the power factor of a facility using inducer motors. :shock: :?: :lol:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Mar Sun 06, 2016 9:39 pm

Ah yes, that was it. Flashbacks to my electricity and magnetism course :)