This wasn't supposed to be so crazy

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

This wasn't supposed to be so crazy

Post by jlpeaches255 » Feb Sun 28, 2016 12:05 pm

Yay, I found my way back to the Subsonic Forums!! I think I owe a couple of trip reports and I am sure I have missed out on many other's reports which I will hopefully get caught up with soon.

I have 50 short days until my next trip and my son reminds me daily that when we first began planning this trip I told him it would be a STRESS FREE trip! Yeah I ruined the whole stress free part!

Sometime last fall we got a flyer in the mail from Disney letting us know when my kids' school vacations would be and that we really should book a trip for a school vacation lol. Very clever on Disney's part. I have always taken the kids out of school for Dis trips but now that my son is in High School and my daughter is in Middle School it is much harder to do. We checked around for crowd levels and decided April vacation would not be the worst time to go so I started hinting to my boyfriend that we should take the kids. I told my son it would be the easiest trip we have done in years. The last trip I did with the kids involved my exhusband and his new wife also going and we split the time in the parks with the kids. That trip was so stressful.

Well then in Dec my boyfriend asked me to marry him and shortly after that I had the thought "Well we are already going to Disney in April so let's get married there!" The more we thought about it the more it actually made sense. We knew we wanted a small wedding, and a short ceremony...I have multiple sclerosis and I get tired very easily especially when I am stressed out. And without going into too much detail, I have a very bitter history with weddings and the wedding industry so getting married in my happy place would be the best way for me to forget about all those negative feelings and just enjoy myself.

So to sum up I have been planning and organizing not only a small wedding but a Disney vacation with 16 people. Honestly no one is giving me extra stress but just that number of people creates its own problems. Mostly fast pass problems!! Ugh!!! :ccat: :ccat:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: This wasn't supposed to be so crazy

Post by Amy » Feb Sun 28, 2016 4:17 pm

Welcome back to the forums ~ you've been missed!
Congrats on the engagement and the upcoming wedding at Disney. Sounds like it will be fun. Are you going to have the whole group of 16 together the whole time you are there? That does sound a bit on the stressful side. Perhaps you can have a day where everyone is together, in addition to the wedding day of course, and the rest of the time could be a little bit freer?
At the very least, at least it is a happy stress :D

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Mar Tue 01, 2016 5:46 pm

Sounds like you have an amazing trip coming up! Congratulations on your engagement! Good luck with fastpasses. The most I've ever had to deal with is booking for 3.

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Mar Thu 03, 2016 7:26 am

Did everyone see what Disney is giving me for a wedding present?? Rivers of Light opens the day after my wedding! Thanks Disney! :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Thu 03, 2016 8:43 am

jlpeaches255 wrote:Did everyone see what Disney is giving me for a wedding present?? Rivers of Light opens the day after my wedding! Thanks Disney! :lol:
That's great jlpeaches255! How kind of them ;) :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sun 06, 2016 10:40 am

I just saw a post on FB about someone who got married at Disney's Boardwalk. She mentioned in a comment that she and her husband received annual passes as part of their wedding package. Is that the case for you as well? That's a pretty nice gift from Disney if that is the case.

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Mar Sat 12, 2016 10:33 am

Amy wrote:I just saw a post on FB about someone who got married at Disney's Boardwalk. She mentioned in a comment that she and her husband received annual passes as part of their wedding package. Is that the case for you as well? That's a pretty nice gift from Disney if that is the case.
That is not the case for us. That would be tough to use since we live in New England. We did get another gift from them...they changed the Big Thunder Mountain refurb so it will be open when we go! :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Sat 12, 2016 12:35 pm

jlpeaches255 wrote:
Amy wrote:I just saw a post on FB about someone who got married at Disney's Boardwalk. She mentioned in a comment that she and her husband received annual passes as part of their wedding package. Is that the case for you as well? That's a pretty nice gift from Disney if that is the case.
That is not the case for us. That would be tough to use since we live in New England. We did get another gift from them...they changed the Big Thunder Mountain refurb so it will be open when we go! :lol:
:lol: I wonder if the passes are connected to a certain level of wedding package? Any progress on getting the itinerary and FP settled for your huge party?

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Mar Sun 13, 2016 2:37 pm

Amy wrote: :lol: I wonder if the passes are connected to a certain level of wedding package? Any progress on getting the itinerary and FP settled for your huge party?
I got most of the FP's worked out! At least the important ones lol.

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Mar Thu 24, 2016 7:03 am

25 days until the wedding trip. My brother still doesn't have a dog sitter for his special needs dog. I am usually the dog sitter of course lol. Other than that most of the trip planning is going well. Fast passes and schedules are all set. My kids and my fiance have finally stopped complaining that my fiance's mom ordered matching shirts for everyone for one of our park days. The Disney wedding people have been super helpful with everything so far. I got the cutest little collection of trinkets in the mail from them! I can't remember for the life of me how to post pictures here. Maybe when my teenager gets home I will have him help me but the little gifts they sent include engraved collar stays that say Prince Charming and Happily Ever After, a charm to tie on my bouquet that says "Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust" Which is literally my life's motto! There is also two handkerchiefs that we can get monogrammed and a shoe bag (I had no idea my shoes needed a bag) and a coin which has a bunch of Disney sayings on it, that I have no idea what it is for really but the card said it is to settle arguments lol. All of this came in beautiful little keepsake boxes. So we are getting very excited for this life changing trip and trying to stay calm! (Trying!) :ccat: :ccat:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Mar Thu 24, 2016 9:15 am

jlpeaches255 wrote:... I can't remember for the life of me how to post pictures here. ...
Upload them to a third party photo site, such as tumblr or Photobucket. Then copy the "img" link for the photo and put it in your post where you want the picture to go.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Thu 24, 2016 8:00 pm

jlpeaches255 wrote:25 days until the wedding trip. My brother still doesn't have a dog sitter for his special needs dog. I am usually the dog sitter of course lol. Other than that most of the trip planning is going well. Fast passes and schedules are all set. My kids and my fiance have finally stopped complaining that my fiance's mom ordered matching shirts for everyone for one of our park days. The Disney wedding people have been super helpful with everything so far. I got the cutest little collection of trinkets in the mail from them! I can't remember for the life of me how to post pictures here. Maybe when my teenager gets home I will have him help me but the little gifts they sent include engraved collar stays that say Prince Charming and Happily Ever After, a charm to tie on my bouquet that says "Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust" Which is literally my life's motto! There is also two handkerchiefs that we can get monogrammed and a shoe bag (I had no idea my shoes needed a bag) and a coin which has a bunch of Disney sayings on it, that I have no idea what it is for really but the card said it is to settle arguments lol. All of this came in beautiful little keepsake boxes. So we are getting very excited for this life changing trip and trying to stay calm! (Trying!) :ccat: :ccat:
How fun ~ looking forward to the pictures of the trinkets. Hope your brother finds a sitter for his dog. Is there a kennel he could use in a pinch?

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Mar Tue 29, 2016 8:39 am

Wow -- how nice to have so many fun side presents along the way for a Disney wedding! I missed the boat on having my wedding there but hoping someone invites me to a Disney wedding so i can at least experience it. haha So fun though!

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Mar Tue 29, 2016 9:00 am

Amy wrote: How fun ~ looking forward to the pictures of the trinkets. Hope your brother finds a sitter for his dog. Is there a kennel he could use in a pinch?
I wish it was that easy. One of his dogs has such extreme anxiety that a kennel would be the worst place for him! I know a lot of very capable people in the animal care field unfortunately no one is available for those dates!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Tue 29, 2016 1:35 pm

jlpeaches255 wrote:
Amy wrote: How fun ~ looking forward to the pictures of the trinkets. Hope your brother finds a sitter for his dog. Is there a kennel he could use in a pinch?
I wish it was that easy. One of his dogs has such extreme anxiety that a kennel would be the worst place for him! I know a lot of very capable people in the animal care field unfortunately no one is available for those dates!
Sorry you don't live closer to Chicago ~ my brother's girlfriend would be an excellent caregiver ~ she has such a big heart for animals and would be a super pet sitter. Hopefully he gets it sorted out in time!