Multi-Day Pass for a Month

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

sfein
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Multi-Day Pass for a Month

Post by sfein » Feb Tue 09, 2016 8:01 am

My parents go down to Florida for a month. They have no intention of going to Disney every day - probably 6-8 times over the course of the month. The problem is the multi-day passes are only good for 14 days. They used to use the no expiration option, but have been told they are not available anymore. Right now their only option might be 2 sets of passes to cover the 28 days, but that can get costly to buy say 2 3-day passes as opposed to one 6 day pass. Any ideas on how to do this cost effectively?

Thanks

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Multi-Day Pass for a Month

Post by Amy » Feb Tue 09, 2016 2:08 pm

Are they there long enough to get a Florida resident pass? If not they might want check the price of a basic annual pass against buying the two sets of passes that would cover the time frame. Other than that, I would think they might have to decide whether the additional cost is worth having the option of going to the parks anytime over the month rather than spending consecutive days in the park.

sfein

Post by sfein » Feb Tue 09, 2016 3:28 pm

I checked annual passes and they were more than two 3 day passes. It's too bad they don't allow the perpetual passes anymore.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Feb Tue 09, 2016 5:32 pm

My suggestion was going to be an annual pass, but since that is too expensive the only alternative I can see is to plan the visits a bit and live with the restrictions. They can save a few bucks buying them through undercovertourist and there's no reason they need to buy all the tickets in advance.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Feb Thu 11, 2016 9:43 am

Usually it's great to be able to space things out and take a little at a time, but maybe your parents should plan all their Disney-ing in the middle two weeks of the month. A week to get down, settled in, do some lazy relaxing things, then a couple weeks to do their Disney days, then a week to chill again before coming back home. They could always go to Disney Springs or a water park (if they like that sort of thing) or play a round of mini golf if they're really itching to do something Disney outside of the two weeks' cluster. Shoot, they could devote a day to Typhoon Lagoon and do nothing but float around the lazy river all day, maybe go snorkel with the rays, then back to the lazy river or the wave pool. FUN.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

sfein

Post by sfein » Feb Thu 11, 2016 8:15 pm

All valid suggestions. Thanks. Too bad perpetual is gone. Served them well in the past. Get a 10-day perpetual and pretty much covers two vacations down there.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Feb Sun 14, 2016 11:26 am

Agreed. I have 1 day left on a ticket I bought in 2002 plus 9 water park and more days.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.