Subsonic Meet-Up at the Osborne Lights 2015!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Subsonic Meet-Up at the Osborne Lights 2015!

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 25, 2015 6:45 am

It's been in the works, but I want to post something concrete-ish :lol: so whoever would like to join in the fun can if they would like. A group of subbers is planning on taking in the Osborne Lights in all their twinkling glory on Saturday 12/12/15. No time set as of yet when we are all going to meet up. A few of us had discussed watching Fantasmic first and then going to see the lights, but looking at the park hours that day, it looks like DHS closes at 8 and Fantasmic starts at 8:30 so we would likely want to see the lights first and then go to Fantasmic if anyone wants to do that. The rest of the day is unplanned so far. I would love to ride Tower of Terror or Rockin' Roller Coaster if anyone would like so I could have an attraction photo with people I know for once! And Figment and I have park hoppers so other parks are a possibility as well during the day if anyone wants to do that.
Chime in with suggestions, thoughts, ideas...or anything else that sparks your imagination :figment: ;)

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Re: Subsonic Meet-Up at the Osborne Lights 2015!

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Nov Wed 25, 2015 7:56 am

Park hours just changed--its now open until 10pm!

We will be there for sure--regardless of the time. I assume it will have to be around dusk when they turn on the lights :) We have some plans that day, but we will definitely fit this in there somewhere.

How exciting!!!

Maybe we meet over there in the afternoon and do a few rides, then around dark, we head over to the most glorious attraction of Christmas lights I have even seen!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 25, 2015 10:34 am

Ooo, I guess I'll have to go check park hours again. Still have to get some FP set up as I haven't even looked at those yet. Wonder what the selection will be at this point?

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Nov Wed 25, 2015 10:53 pm

Looks like it will just be a day run for us (resorts are booked solid except for crazy rates) and right now we are planning on having the entire NaCler clan. So we will spend all day at MGM. ToT sounds good to me, but with my recent diagnosis of vertigo, I will be sitting out RnR with my brother. But, 3 of the 5 NaCler clan can join you on the ride.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Nov Wed 25, 2015 11:06 pm

We have FP for RnR at 1:20-2:20p, ToT at 2:30-3:30p, Star Tours at 4:15p-5:15p. Then oldest and myself have Toy Story MM 9:00-10:00p... If anyone wants to schedule and ride with us.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 26, 2015 7:07 am

NaCler wrote:Looks like it will just be a day run for us (resorts are booked solid except for crazy rates) and right now we are planning on having the entire NaCler clan. So we will spend all day at MGM. ToT sounds good to me, but with my recent diagnosis of vertigo, I will be sitting out RnR with my brother. But, 3 of the 5 NaCler clan can join you on the ride.
Sorry to hear about the vertigo ~ yeah, RnR would probably not be the best :( Bummer on not finding a place to stay, but it will be fun to meet the whole NaCler family :D
NaCler wrote:We have FP for RnR at 1:20-2:20p, ToT at 2:30-3:30p, Star Tours at 4:15p-5:15p. Then oldest and myself have Toy Story MM 9:00-10:00p... If anyone wants to schedule and ride with us.
Hoping to look at FP a bit this morning, or at least tomorrow. It is sneaking up on us rapidly all of a sudden :shock:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 26, 2015 8:58 am

Oh my word ~ just looked at the FP selection pages for the first time ~ ugh, not for me. I tried and couldn't get anything reasonably close to your FP times NaCler...for anything. Bleh. I do like that you can select FP online without having to run across the park getting paper FP, and perhaps I will warm to this new (at least to me) system after I'm there and have used it, but for now...un-uh, not enjoying it at all :(

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Nov Thu 26, 2015 1:58 pm

I'll be more than happy to try and meet up with anyone between on a night between 12/16 and 12/21!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 26, 2015 10:50 pm

Len90 wrote:I'll be more than happy to try and meet up with anyone between on a night between 12/16 and 12/21!
I'm hoping some of the local people can come out ~ and I'm guessing they might be able to come out when you are there as well!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sun 06, 2015 11:26 am

Should we plan on meeting up around 7? Close to the entrance to the Streets of America? Near the Writers Stop?

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Dec Sun 06, 2015 9:06 pm

Works for me but I may text you when we get there in case you want to meet earlier. Are you doing MGM all day?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sun 06, 2015 10:35 pm

NaCler wrote:Works for me but I may text you when we get there in case you want to meet earlier. Are you doing MGM all day?
Yes, please text ~ do you still have my text number? I'll msg it to you on FB just in case.
I think the plan is MGM all day at the moment, got a few FP there for sure and I think Fantasmic evening show as well :)
Haven't heard from cousininmiami to see how her ride is coming along and where she will be that day yet. mindflipper and his Dad will be at MGM from 7-9 that evening.

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Dec Mon 07, 2015 9:57 am

Amy wrote:Should we plan on meeting up around 7? Close to the entrance to the Streets of America? Near the Writers Stop?
Works for me too--and likewise I think we are spending most of the day there so I may hit you up earlier as well...
:)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Mon 07, 2015 10:34 am

wewantsdaredhead wrote:
Amy wrote:Should we plan on meeting up around 7? Close to the entrance to the Streets of America? Near the Writers Stop?
Works for me too--and likewise I think we are spending most of the day there so I may hit you up earlier as well...
:)
Yay! NaCler has my contact info if you see him first :)

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Dec Fri 11, 2015 12:00 am

I hope nobody minds, but I will have two additional youngsters with us this time. When you have 3, what's another 2 gonna hurt, right?