Last minute trip to WDW is a go!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Last minute trip to WDW is a go!

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 04, 2015 12:14 pm

Booked it! 12/7 - 12/15 ~ which means I will be meeting my other long lost brother for the first time! :goofy_bounce:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Last minute trip to WDW is a go!

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 04, 2015 2:00 pm

Looks like a Subsonic Radio Meet-up is in the works ~ wewantsdaredhead and his wife will be there during a few days at the same time we are, NaCler (and fam?) is planning a trip down, and cousininmiami is checking her calendar for possibly coming up as well! My face is starting to hurt from all the smiling I am doing in anticipation of not only going back to WDW for the first time in 4 years, but seeing friends, both old and new! :mrgreen:

spinizzotto
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Post by spinizzotto » Nov Wed 04, 2015 3:48 pm

We'll be there 12/11 - 12/16 Can't wait!
We love it during the Christmas holidays!
Don't forget to plan for the Candlelight processional and also Osbourne Lights since they may be going away for good. :( :(
Plus if you have never done this, visiting the Deluxe hotels is special because the have chocolate life size sculptures in the lobby (Beach, Yacht Club, Floridian, Poly, Boardwalk, Contemporary, more)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 04, 2015 7:08 pm

spinizzotto wrote:We'll be there 12/11 - 12/16 Can't wait!
We love it during the Christmas holidays!
Don't forget to plan for the Candlelight processional and also Osbourne Lights since they may be going away for good. :( :(
Plus if you have never done this, visiting the Deluxe hotels is special because the have chocolate life size sculptures in the lobby (Beach, Yacht Club, Floridian, Poly, Boardwalk, Contemporary, more)
Once we get some details worked out, perhaps you can join us?
Our big push for going this year is seeing the Osborne Lights. They are one of our favorites :D We will definitely look at the schedule for the Candlelight Processional. We enjoy listening to the Christmas story and choir for sure, but the wait time can get a bit long. We've seen it enough times I don't think we would go the dining package route just to see it either. We might just listen from the fringe.
We saw some of the gingerbread sculptures a few years back. Amazing how much work and ingredients go into those!

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Nov Wed 04, 2015 9:17 pm

Well I have mixed emotions.

On the one hand, I'm very :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D because I know you've been wanting to get to WDW for a long time and it has FINALLY worked out for you. YAY!

On the other hand, how much I would love to be able to get down there when you, WWDRH, cousininmiami, and NaCler are going to be there! WHAT A BASH THAT WILL BE!!! So I'm maybe a little :cry: :cry: :cry:

But mostly happy for you. I'm so glad you get to go.

Another Disney trip isn't in the works for us for quite some time. College for two kids. Ugh.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Nov Wed 04, 2015 9:54 pm

:D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 05, 2015 8:17 am

I do wish you could be there too cy1229 ~ but we will have pictures to share, and I'll put someone else in charge of sharing the group photo so you see it in a timely manner ;) :lol:
No kids in college here, but I remember those expenses well. And I have a 15 year old car, an upcoming dentist visit where I know the filling they have been watching for years will most likely have to be replaced this time, medical tests for the Momma which means no work days for me for her doctors visits. The list goes on and on :( but I also know Figment won't likely be up to such big trips for much longer and so we want to go and have fun while we both can. :)

cousininmiami
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by cousininmiami » Nov Thu 05, 2015 11:17 am

Amy I will plan on being there Dec 11-13! Can't wait to see you and more of the Subsonic family in person! Yay!
°o° "...it's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day" °o°

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 05, 2015 7:52 pm

cousininmiami wrote:Amy I will plan on being there Dec 11-13! Can't wait to see you and more of the Subsonic family in person! Yay!
Yay! It is so exciting that so many of us will be able to be there at the same time ~ thanks for making the effort! :goofy_bounce:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Mon 09, 2015 8:12 pm

Just added 2 days to our park hopper tickets. I had originally just bought a 7 day hopper not knowing what our airline reservations were going to be. We actually ended up purchasing the airline tickets through Disney as well as the price and flights they were finding were quite reasonable and cost less than what Figment had looked at the day or so before. So, the last few days I've been wondering what the price difference on the tickets would be as we are thinking of possibly taking an Uber car to the grocery to get juice and snacks for Figment to have during the trip, and possibly hitting up the Disney Store outlet that everyone seems to love going to, and I wasn't sure it was worth having tickets for that initial day. But our first flight isn't until 6:30 pm on the last day so I knew that was worthwhile to have that last day in the parks.
Anyhow...want to hazard a guess how much it was to tack on two additional park hopping days? A little under $43 ~ that was it! I didn't even ask Mom, I just went ahead and added them. Even if we run in and see the fireworks or hit one or two attractions that first evening that is worth that much to me :D So much more reasonable than adding a day or two to Disneyland tickets!
Yay!!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Nov Wed 11, 2015 1:43 am

I just booked a last minute trip. 12/16-12/22... Looks like we will miss each other by 18 hours :(
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 11, 2015 9:07 am

Len90 wrote:I just booked a last minute trip. 12/16-12/22... Looks like we will miss each other by 18 hours :(
I know, I jsut saw your other post. Bummer :( But there is always next time!

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Nov Wed 11, 2015 11:54 am

Yayyyy!!! Well this is a long time coming :D

We are planning our days out--since its such a short trip for us, (our focus is going to be the Osborne Lights) we have to have a plan and we will work it out to see yall! Maybe do both at the same time (OL and mini-SSR meetup).

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 11, 2015 2:34 pm

wewantsdaredhead wrote:Yayyyy!!! Well this is a long time coming :D

We are planning our days out--since its such a short trip for us, (our focus is going to be the Osborne Lights) we have to have a plan and we will work it out to see yall! Maybe do both at the same time (OL and mini-SSR meetup).
That's sort of what I was thinking ~ we all want to see the lights, and each other, so we should maybe combine the two :D

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Nov Wed 11, 2015 5:03 pm

Amy wrote:
wewantsdaredhead wrote:Yayyyy!!! Well this is a long time coming :D

That's sort of what I was thinking ~ we all want to see the lights, and each other, so we should maybe combine the two :D
Have to also figure out a way to imbibe through it all. Sort of a SSR lights drinking game without getting drunk.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016