Last minute trip to WDW is a go!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Last minute trip to WDW is a go!

Post by Amy » Nov Fri 27, 2015 8:36 pm

Yeah, I had considered that myself ~ a bit extra for Mousekeeping, and my brother and niece aren't too towel happy anyhow having lived in hotels now since the divorce whenever it is his nights and weekend. (He just bought a condo so thankfully the nomad days are coming to an end in the next few weeks!)
And he was up for taking a taxi, and I mentioned Uber as it seems that I read a travel blog recently that compared the cost and found Uber to be a bit less expensive, but the park tickets are going to be about $100/day x2 days x2 people, and then airfare, not to mention food and other incidentals...and that aforementioned condo ~ he said he would pass this time and definitely try another trip another time.
Hakuna Matata, I just was thinking how much fun he ended up having at DL when we went.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sun 29, 2015 7:03 pm

Figment got her ECV all arranged for today. She is going with a different company than she had the last two trips to WDW as their policies have changed a bit. I guess WDW now has about 5 companies that are official off-site providers and the parks are a bit more lenient with allowing them in to fix ECV's if need be, and also allowing the ECV's to be dropped off and picked up at the bell service desk at the hotel, rather than arranging to meet a representative from the company both for pick up and drop off. The company she had before sadly wasn't one of the companies, but she got a comparable deal and also a 4 wheel instead of a 3 wheel which hopefully will be a bit more stable. She picked the small, family owned company so hopefully they will do a nice job. The lady on the phone today sure was nice, and when I inquired how much the extra hours we needed on the last day would cost (they run a 24 hour day so it's going to be available at 1 pm the day we arrive, so it would have to be turned back in at 1 on the day we leave, and our flight isn't until 6:30) she said there was no cost unless it was closer to 12 hours over and then they simply charge for an additional 1/2 day.
Things are starting to slowly fall into place. FP still aren't there, but we have our 2 times for Zeppole di Caterina at Via Napoli (which I might cancel the second, but maybe not) and 1 time at Be Our Guest so we can see inside, so anything else will just be extra for me at this point. I might try to get some FP selections done tomorrow, but they are all out of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and that was the main thing I wanted a FP for. Looks like I'll be heading there at rope drop or late in the evening and standing around making friends in the queue!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Wed 02, 2015 11:32 am

FP selection is done! Don't know how many we will use, or if we will be in those parks on those days, but they are all changeable ~ click and pick, click and pick. Done!

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Dec Thu 03, 2015 3:59 pm

Soooooooooooooo close!!!
:)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Thu 03, 2015 9:56 pm

wewantsdaredhead wrote:Soooooooooooooo close!!!
:)
So excited to meet more of my Subsonic family on this trip!! :goofy_bounce:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sun 06, 2015 7:37 pm

Packed (mostly) and ready to head out at 6 am tomorrow morning. Look out world, here come the Shelley ladies! :D

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Dec Sun 06, 2015 8:31 pm

Amy wrote:Packed (mostly) and ready to head out at 6 am tomorrow morning. Look out world, here come the Shelley ladies! :D
:goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce:
HAVE FUN!!!!!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sun 06, 2015 8:38 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Amy wrote:Packed (mostly) and ready to head out at 6 am tomorrow morning. Look out world, here come the Shelley ladies! :D
:goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce: :goofy_bounce:
HAVE FUN!!!!!
Thanks! We're both definitely ready for the fun part of the trip now ~ poor Figment is exhausted from getting ready.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Dec Sun 06, 2015 9:05 pm

Can't wait to see you ladies again on Saturday!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sun 06, 2015 10:30 pm

NaCler wrote:Can't wait to see you ladies again on Saturday!
Yay! We are very excited as well :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Mon 07, 2015 10:40 am

Started off trip with a bit of an adventure. Up at 4 and on our way to the airport a little after 6 as planned. Printed our boarding passes at the kiosk and saw the first indication of a problem. All the times were messed up, off by a good 12 hours. Made it to the counter and saw our flight had been cancelled!
Best weather we've had in December in years, not a speck of snow on the ground, a tiny bit of fog, but nothing big...here anyhow as I guess the plane never had arrived in Detroit last night to come pick us up :(
The counter clerk wasn't able to do all that much as the next flights were all overbooked by several people, as well as the other airline that would have flown to Orlando from the airport. Took the next best thing, the bus from the airport to O'Hare in Chicago where we will get a flight that will get us in a little over 6 hours later than our initial flight, but 4-1/2 hours sooner than the rescheduled flight.
Found a lucky penny outside the terminal door to the bus so figured we were on the path we were supped to take - WDW here we come...just a little later than planned.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Mon 07, 2015 10:41 am

And please note, my TR has begun while still in transit! :P
No promises from here :lol:

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Dec Mon 07, 2015 10:52 am

Amy wrote:And please note, my TR has begun while still in transit! :P
No promises from here :lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: 8-)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Mon 07, 2015 11:35 am

Arrived safely at O'hare - Chicago is very, very foggy. Hope flights are going out on time!

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Dec Mon 07, 2015 12:37 pm

Amy wrote:Arrived safely at O'hare - Chicago is very, very foggy. Hope flights are going out on time!
Go get a bag of Garrett's popcorn, maybe a Jamba juice, and sit down and relax. Not much more you can do now. Are you flying United? They're pretty good about trying to get you out. If you haven't already, sign up for text alerts for your flight status, or to have them call you. You'll get updates faster than what's posted at the gate.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012