Last minute trip to WDW is a go!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Last minute trip to WDW is a go!

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 11, 2015 7:48 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Amy wrote:
wewantsdaredhead wrote:Yayyyy!!! Well this is a long time coming :D

We are planning our days out--since its such a short trip for us, (our focus is going to be the Osborne Lights) we have to have a plan and we will work it out to see yall! Maybe do both at the same time (OL and mini-SSR meetup).
That's sort of what I was thinking ~ we all want to see the lights, and each other, so we should maybe combine the two :D
Have to also figure out a way to imbibe through it all. Sort of a SSR lights drinking game without getting drunk.
I would think wewantsdaredhead and his lovely wife might have an unfair advantage over me in that game :roll: ;) :lol:

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Nov Wed 11, 2015 10:46 pm

Amy wrote:
cy1229 wrote: Have to also figure out a way to imbibe through it all. Sort of a SSR lights drinking game without getting drunk.
I would think wewantsdaredhead and his lovely wife might have an unfair advantage over me in that game :roll: ;) :lol:
Just borrow Figment's scooter.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 12, 2015 8:03 am

cy1229 wrote:
Amy wrote:
cy1229 wrote: Have to also figure out a way to imbibe through it all. Sort of a SSR lights drinking game without getting drunk.
Just borrow Figment's scooter.
I don't want to drink and drive :shock: Although she could be the designated driver and I could hang on the back! :lol:

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Nov Thu 12, 2015 6:38 pm

Amy wrote: I don't want to drink and drive :shock: Although she could be the designated driver and I could hang on the back! :lol:
Rollerblades and a tow rope
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 12, 2015 8:11 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Amy wrote: I don't want to drink and drive :shock: Although she could be the designated driver and I could hang on the back! :lol:
Rollerblades and a tow rope
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sat 14, 2015 10:54 pm

Told our friends we are heading back to WDW tonight and one of them mentioned she is worried about terrorist attacks there. I hadn't even really thought of that before. Sad state of the world to have to even consider about such things. Still going to carry on as normal because what else can we do, but hopefully everyone stays safe no matter where they are in the world.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sun 22, 2015 9:09 am

Just scored a lunch ressie at Via Napoli for our next to last day ~ zeppole di caterina here we come! :D
And lunch mid-week for Be Our Guest ~ yay :D

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Nov Mon 23, 2015 7:07 am

Amy wrote:Just scored a lunch ressie at Via Napoli for our next to last day ~ zeppole di caterina here we come! :D
I knew something would open up!
Awesome!!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Mon 23, 2015 7:27 am

wewantsdaredhead wrote:
Amy wrote:Just scored a lunch ressie at Via Napoli for our next to last day ~ zeppole di caterina here we come! :D
I knew something would open up!
Awesome!!!!
Oh, I forgot to mention the best part ~ we have a (fairly official) Subsonic Meet-up happening Saturday 12/12 for the Osborne Lights. Time still to be determined :mickey:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 26, 2015 9:02 am

I have a question for those who have used the FP system for awhile. Obviously there are attractions I want to go on that Figment does not. Is there a way for me to choose my more thrilling FP and something less exciting for her, and then still have the same FP for other attractions? For example, I'd like to go on ToT and RnR coaster, Figment would not, but we would both like to see Fantasmic, Muppets, etc. I know I can select what person is using the FP, but I don't see how that gets me the same FP for the ones we want to do together. I'm confused :(

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Nov Thu 26, 2015 10:51 am

Book your RnR and ToT together with Figment. Then go in and change her ToT to something else, then change her RnR to something else. That way you have the one other FP together.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 26, 2015 11:20 am

NaCler wrote:Book your RnR and ToT together with Figment. Then go in and change her ToT to something else, then change her RnR to something else. That way you have the one other FP together.
Oh, ok, that makes sense ~ thanks. She was asking me this morning why I couldn't just get the paper ones like we used to get. Going to take a little getting used to having that magic band on her wrist I think.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Fri 27, 2015 10:16 am

Got a dinner reservation for Via Napoli the second day of the trip :D More zeppole di caterina for me! :goofy_bounce:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Fri 27, 2015 11:19 am

Oh my goodness, I called Disney to see about adding my brother and niece for a few days of our trip ~ talk about confusing and expensive. It adds $10/person/day to the hotel room, which is slightly confusing because the room is for 4 anyhow, but the biggie is the tickets and the Magical Express. They can't use the Magical Express unless they are added on to the whole package, which of course means the additional charge is for the entire stay, even though they would only be there 2 days at the most. And tickets are the same, if you want the advance price tickets, they have to have the same 9 day park hoppers we have, or pay the regular price for the tickets which are really expensive for just a few days :shock: Not sure if he will still want to come or not. I'm thinking it would be better to just plan a future trip with them instead of trying to fit them in on this existing one!

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Nov Fri 27, 2015 5:52 pm

Amy wrote:Oh my goodness, I called Disney to see about adding my brother and niece for a few days of our trip ~ talk about confusing and expensive. It adds $10/person/day to the hotel room, which is slightly confusing because the room is for 4 anyhow, but the biggie is the tickets and the Magical Express. They can't use the Magical Express unless they are added on to the whole package, which of course means the additional charge is for the entire stay, even though they would only be there 2 days at the most. And tickets are the same, if you want the advance price tickets, they have to have the same 9 day park hoppers we have, or pay the regular price for the tickets which are really expensive for just a few days :shock: Not sure if he will still want to come or not. I'm thinking it would be better to just plan a future trip with them instead of trying to fit them in on this existing one!
So, I have a solution... And if you choose to do it or not is up to you.
1. Don't tell Disney your brother and niece are joining you for a few days, and tip the mousekeeper a generous amount (Oh, I don't know, maybe $10 a day when they're there?) to keep quiet and provide extra towels :) .
2. Have your brother rent a car. Probably not very expensive at all. Or Uber to/from the hotel.
3. Have your brother go online and buy tickets. He doesn't have to buy a full-blown package to do so. In fact, he can just buy tickets from one of the well-respected agencies that has them at a slight discount. Wouldn't be any different than anyone going to Orlando, staying off-site, and buying park tickets separately.
4. Enjoy your visit with them.

Can't hurt to find out how much the 2- or 3-day park tickets would be. I would go this route.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012