Search function on WDW resorts?

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Search function on WDW resorts?

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 30, 2015 6:08 pm

Does anyone know if there is a way to input a range of acceptable dates into the WDW hotels & accommodations site? I'm striking out on the combinations of dates I've chosen so far for a quick getaway this holiday season. Figment is just working around doctor's appointments and can re-schedule one or two of those if necessary, and I am trying not to miss too many teaching days as I don't really have paid vacation time as a self-employed teacher, so we are sort of flexible on the dates we could travel, but I wonder if there is a way to just put in a range of dates? Or is that something a travel agent could do? Anyone know? We're looking for a value resort and I don't know that we have ever run into a case where they are all booked up :shock: I know it's late, but surely there are a few rooms? I hope??

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Re: Search function on WDW resorts?

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Oct Fri 30, 2015 7:45 pm

I don't know about searching with more than 1 range of dates, but one suggestion might be to start with 1 night. When you find a single night that's available then you can work your way up adding one at a time. That would at least give you an idea of the nights that are posing a problem. I ended up going that route when I was first doing the research for my trip. I kept checking daily and eventually more rooms must have been made available or someone cancelled and I was able to get all the nights I wanted in 1 package.

Alacrity
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Alacrity » Oct Fri 30, 2015 7:54 pm

You might try some of the other hotel/travel search sites. Kayak, Hipmunk and others for example. They tend to be a little more flexible in their search abilities sometimes. They also would probably pull up alternatives even, dare I say, off site! Otherwise you might go the one day at a time as ImagineerWannabe suggests. A little nerve racking but if can book something you can then shoot for what you really would like.

It's too bad that last minute stuff like this has gotten so hard to book. Although, when I needed a room due to flight cancellations due to weather there was something available. If you are willing to risk it, the last minute thing sometimes works out. Sometimes, really well.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 30, 2015 8:43 pm

Thanks to both of you ~ going to try both of those suggestions tomorrow. I'm definitely a believer of the "if it's meant to be, it will happen" saying! Fingers crossed never hurts though ;) :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 30, 2015 9:09 pm

No luck on the trivago website. I did chat with a WDW agent on the official hotel booking site and they said no one has the ability to see availability so a travel agent wouldn't work for that.
I have found some room availability through the changing arrival dates one by one. That might have to be the way to go. We shall see...glimmer of hope anyhow...but boy are even the value resorts getting up there in price per night :shock:

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Oct Sat 31, 2015 4:03 pm

I'm putting off my list of 20 things to do this weekend (well I've already done 5), and thought I'd look at some dates for fun. I don't know how long you'd be interested in staying so just picked the ones I'm there as a starting point. 14 days (14 days! :ccat: can you tell I'm excited ;)) is probably too soon for you, but All Star Music showed up as available starting Sun. Nov 15, if I included the Sat. night it went away. You could try Orbitz to drop the price a bit. They often have promo codes.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sat 31, 2015 4:10 pm

ImagineerWannabe wrote:I'm putting off my list of 20 things to do this weekend (well I've already done 5), and thought I'd look at some dates for fun. I don't know how long you'd be interested in staying so just picked the ones I'm there as a starting point. 14 days (14 days! :ccat: can you tell I'm excited ;)) is probably too soon for you, but All Star Music showed up as available starting Sun. Nov 15, if I included the Sat. night it went away. You could try Orbitz to drop the price a bit. They often have promo codes.
We are looking at the first week or two in December. I can't even imagine trying to leave in 2 weeks! :shock: I'll give Orbitz a look too ~ today Figment is saying maybe we just shouldn't go. It's hard to plan when the plans keep changing :roll:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Mon 02, 2015 7:39 am

I found this note on the computer last night ~ looks like Figment is currently a "Go" :lol:
"5-12 Dec No - pop Warner + Cheer + Dance, Jan - Brazil/Argentina, 3 or 4 weeks of Nov - Ok/except Thanksgiving Day"
I asked her if she had been doing some research and she said she had. I reminded her we have been at the parks a lot during the Pop Warner/Cheer times and it really isn't any busier because the kids have their camps. She agreed and said, "But I don't want to be there when those Brazilians are!" :lol:
Last edited by Amy on Nov Mon 02, 2015 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Nov Mon 02, 2015 7:40 am

Amy wrote:
ImagineerWannabe wrote:I'm putting off my list of 20 things to do this weekend (well I've already done 5), and thought I'd look at some dates for fun. I don't know how long you'd be interested in staying so just picked the ones I'm there as a starting point. 14 days (14 days! :ccat: can you tell I'm excited ;)) is probably too soon for you, but All Star Music showed up as available starting Sun. Nov 15, if I included the Sat. night it went away. You could try Orbitz to drop the price a bit. They often have promo codes.
We are looking at the first week or two in December. I can't even imagine trying to leave in 2 weeks! :shock: I'll give Orbitz a look too ~ today Figment is saying maybe we just shouldn't go. It's hard to plan when the plans keep changing :roll:
Hey Sis--Mary and I will be there Dec 10-13th! Just sayin` :)
Keep us posted on this so we know if we are there at the same time!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Mon 02, 2015 7:42 am

wewantsdaredhead wrote:Hey Sis--Mary and I will be there Dec 10-13th! Just sayin` :)
Keep us posted on this so we know if we are there at the same time!
?!?!?! :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :hm_ghost: :hatter_bounce: :figment:
Hoping to work on it today between subbing at school this morning and my normal afternoon/evening students! Will let you know ~ and hopefully we will overlap :D