Weee going back to WDW in January!!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Metalfan
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Weee going back to WDW in January!!

Post by Metalfan » Oct Mon 05, 2015 3:44 pm

Booked hotel today. Should be lots of fun and a nice relaxing trip after the busy Holiday season. Oh wait, it's Disney theres no relaxation!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Weee going back to WDW in January!!

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 05, 2015 3:53 pm

Metalfan wrote:Booked hotel today. Should be lots of fun and a nice relaxing trip after the busy Holiday season. Oh wait, it's Disney theres no relaxation!
Nice! No, you can rest when you get home ~ when you're at Disney it is go, go, go time! :lol: :goofy_bounce:

Metalfan

Post by Metalfan » Oct Mon 05, 2015 4:23 pm

Yep! lol.

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Oct Tue 06, 2015 9:01 pm

DO NOT GET SICK!!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Metalfan

Post by Metalfan » Oct Fri 09, 2015 12:33 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! I truly hope this trip isn't like that. We had so much fun but when you are so sick it's hard to have too much. I just hope we can both stay healthy

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Oct Mon 12, 2015 10:13 am

Where are you staying? I just booked a room at the Boardwalk for early/mid January. Stoked!
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Oct Mon 12, 2015 3:17 pm

Metalfan wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! I truly hope this trip isn't like that. We had so much fun but when you are so sick it's hard to have too much. I just hope we can both stay healthy
WASH YOUR HANDS OFTEN.

I hope you have a FANTASTIC time. January...probably just about right to be looking for some warm weather. :)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Metalfan

Post by Metalfan » Oct Tue 13, 2015 12:11 pm

TikiTikiRoom wrote:Where are you staying? I just booked a room at the Boardwalk for early/mid January. Stoked!
We're booked at Coronado

Metalfan

Post by Metalfan » Oct Sat 24, 2015 12:58 pm

So, I'm thinking we're gonna do Epcot the first day. Breakfast in the room and Via Napoli for lunch. Likely ESPN Club or something quick for dinner. Magic Kingdom the next day. Gonna do Be Our Guest for lunch and then head out and do something different and go to Trail's End for dinner. Then we'll be doing a DTD day. Finally MGM before leaving for the airpane back

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sat 24, 2015 3:02 pm

Metalfan wrote:So, I'm thinking we're gonna do Epcot the first day. Breakfast in the room and Via Napoli for lunch. Likely ESPN Club or something quick for dinner. Magic Kingdom the next day. Gonna do Be Our Guest for lunch and then head out and do something different and go to Trail's End for dinner. Then we'll be doing a DTD day. Finally MGM before leaving for the airpane back
Sounds like a good plan. Are you within the time frame to make your dining reservations yet?

Metalfan

Post by Metalfan » Jan Mon 25, 2016 9:21 pm

Just got home from our TREMENDOUS vacation at WDW! Best trip we've had. Will be updating the thread with pics and a full trip report (best I can remember) over the next day.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Mon 25, 2016 9:45 pm

Metalfan wrote:Just got home from our TREMENDOUS vacation at WDW! Best trip we've had. Will be updating the thread with pics and a full trip report (best I can remember) over the next day.
Nice!

Metalfan

Post by Metalfan » Jan Tue 26, 2016 1:44 pm

Alright I'm going to do this the best I can. Can't guarantee it will all be in order, but it will all be there lol.

First off, my girlfriend had some mouth work done about 10 days before so she was limited on what she could eat and therefore most of our plans for "nicer" meals went out the window.

After 3 long months of planning, we arrived at the airport here in Nashville to head to Orlando for our vacation. Our flight left a little after 8pm last Wednesday and we arrived around 10:40 in Orlando. After collecting our bags we walked over to terminal B to head to the Magical Express counter. Now, we were a little wary of the Magical Express this trip because 2 trips ago we arrived at a similar time and we were put on a blank bus with no tvs and a driver who could not drive. So we were expecting the worst and just wanted to get to the hotel. Thankfully when we arrived were put on a Magical Express bus with the video going and we also had a very enthusiastic and fun driver. We did not have a long wait until the bus left. Earlier in the day at about noon I received a text with our room number, etc. We pulled into Pop Century just before midnight and headed straight to our room which was in a great spot. After that it was a couple hours of tv and relaxing before we went to bed.

We had made the decision on Thursday to go to Epcot. We did this because MK was open later Friday. We did not even try to go to Epcot early. We slept until about 10:30 or 11 am. We made it to Epcot right around lunch and went over to Sunshine Seasons for lunch. I had a great turkey sandwich and she had great tomato soup. After lunch, we decided to head to Living With the Land. We both enjoy the ride and with Soarin down and it being right there we said why not. Our fast passes were not until later so we had some time. After that we headed to Club Cool (we ended up passing through here about 15 times throughout the day) for some Pineapple Fanta and Bibo. After that I believe we walked over to Journey Into the Imagination. Always a fun ride that my girlfriend had never been on. Our first fast pass was for Spaceship Earth. We really like the ride and try and hit it a couple times a trip. Our next fast pass was for Test Track. I had not been on it since the changes and my girlfriend had never been on it. It's test track so it's always a fun little ride. After we did that we had some time before our last fast pass for the day so we headed to Nemo and rode that and then we walked around the Living Seas. I'm a huge aquarium fan so it's something I always have to do. At 4 pm we went to our last fast pass which was at the character spot and we met Mickey, Goofy and Minnie. We had a lot of fun with that. We never did character meets before and we wanted to do some this trip. When that was over we headed to the World Showcase. While walking around we decided to do dinner so we walked over to ESPN Club. Its a place I love to go to and she knew that so she suggested it. When we were done eating we went back to Epcot and proceeded to make our way around the world. We stopped at shops and to get snacks. When we got over around Mexico we were talking about how sad it was that I didn't get to see Donald. You all should know how much of a Donald fan I am! As we got to Mexico we saw a line and sure enough, there was Mexican Donald! Of course we had to stand in line and we did. After that we were pretty worn down. We were considering staying for Illuminations but we just didn't think we'd make it. We hit a 5 minute wait on Spaceship earth, went by Club Cool for the last time and exited the park to get back to the hotel. We knew we wanted to get to Magic Kingdom early the next day so we wanted to get some sleep.

Will do the rest soon.

Metalfan

Post by Metalfan » Jan Wed 27, 2016 3:22 pm

Friday was supposed to be a long day at Magic Kingdom. Well, as everyone is aware, the country had some weather issues on Friday. The only day it was supposed to rain the whole trip was Friday. What happened was....we overslept lol. However it turned out to be ok as we noticed from the outside and others that it rained early that morning. We got to MK around 10:30 and headed to tomorrowland. We noticed the waits on some rides so we walked to fantasyland and hit the Mad Tea Party. Now, the day is a blur really so I'm not going to be able to put this in order. But, it started pouring so we went to Pecos Bill's and had some really good food. The rain eventually stopped and it was a fun filled day at Magic Kingdom. We did Space Mountain x2, Monters Inc, TTA, Barnstormer, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, It's a Small World, Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, Enchanted Tiki Room, and the Magic Carpets. Finished off with dinner at Columbia Harbour House.

We played Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom and won. I feel terrible that this was so short but we just ran around the park doing rides basically and tried to dodge the raindrops. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was fantastic and was our first time on it. Everything else was great as well.

Saturday was an off day. We usually plan a day off in the middle to relax some. We ended up heading to Disney Springs around noon. Went to Earl of Sandwich for lunch because...of course. We walked around and shopped. Around 3 we went over to Splittsville for the one thing we splurge on each trip. The wait was 1 hour so we hung out and ate some food while we waited. After that it was more walking around and shopping until we went back to the hotel. We ended up walking over to Art of Animation to check it out and get the build your own pasta bowl. Was really good. Then it was an early night in so we could get to Hollywood Studios for our last park day.

Sunday we got to Hollywood Studios just after 8 am and went to Toy Story Mania. Ended up waiting about 35 minutes to get in for our first ride on it. It was really enjoyable. We had a fast pass for later so we decided to head over to Rock N Roller coaster to check out the wait. It said 20 minutes but we just walked on. After we decided to go through again and waited about 5 minutes. After that the line starting building up so my girlfriend decided she wanted to do Tower of Terror. Its the 1 ride at Disney I dislike. But I had promised her I would go on it so I manned up and went on it. It wasn't that bad. I actually had fun. After that it was about time to head to our first fast pass which was Star Tours. I really enjoyed how they blended the new movie characters into the ride video. We then walked over to Launch Bay which was cool.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » Jan Sun 31, 2016 12:27 pm

Nice trip report, sounds like you got a lot in. Plus you do what I like to do on vacation: EAT!
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.