Breakfast Reservations Before the Park Opens

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Breakfast Reservations Before the Park Opens

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 11, 2015 6:26 pm

ImagineerWannabe wrote:On my trip last winter we were let into MK about 10 mins before 8am, the time of my breakfast reservation. The park opened at 9am. Hopefully they let you in a bit earlier than 10 mins before your reservation time.

I've been trying to get lunch reservations at Be Our Guest for November. There's only 2 of us, but no luck yet. My trip is 97 days away and breakfast reservations seem to have been available long enough for everything to be taken :( I'll keep checking but was disappointed since the website said breakfast is available for booking 90 days ahead, so I figured I'd be back from vacation in time to stay up late and get one.
Well shoot. Hope something opens up for y'all!

Captainnobeard
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by Captainnobeard » Aug Tue 11, 2015 11:25 pm

ImagineerWannabe wrote:I've been trying to get lunch reservations at Be Our Guest for November. There's only 2 of us, but no luck yet. My trip is 97 days away and breakfast reservations seem to have been available long enough for everything to be taken :( I'll keep checking but was disappointed since the website said breakfast is available for booking 90 days ahead, so I figured I'd be back from vacation in time to stay up late and get one.
I'd keep trying even now, ImagineerWannabe. We're there the last week of October, about 85 days from when I made my reservations for breakfast at BOG. I tried the day they released that they were making breakfast permanent and got in. That was Aug 3rd, not the 5th when it was supposed to open for reservations. You may find the the 90 days is actually 90-ish......

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Aug Wed 12, 2015 12:05 pm

Yes, keep trying!!! Call or check the website as often as you can. Even during your trip, keep trying. That is a lot of times when people cancel when they realize they can't/don't want to keep certain times, etc. Never give up!
I"m still working on our Chef Mickey's and am determined that it will happen for my little guy's first trip!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 12, 2015 1:11 pm

Belle1082 wrote:Yes, keep trying!!! Call or check the website as often as you can. Even during your trip, keep trying. That is a lot of times when people cancel when they realize they can't/don't want to keep certain times, etc. Never give up!
I"m still working on our Chef Mickey's and am determined that it will happen for my little guy's first trip!
Good luck on your Chef Mickey's ressie! And I agree, it might be a bit inconvenient, but worthwhile checking while you are there because people definitely still make ressies and either cancel them just before the deadline, or simply forget and pay the cancellation fee thereby opening up a table here or there!

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Aug Wed 12, 2015 2:53 pm

Amy wrote:
Belle1082 wrote:Yes, keep trying!!! Call or check the website as often as you can. Even during your trip, keep trying. That is a lot of times when people cancel when they realize they can't/don't want to keep certain times, etc. Never give up!
Good luck on your Chef Mickey's ressie! And I agree, it might be a bit inconvenient, but worthwhile checking while you are there because people definitely still make ressies and either cancel them just before the deadline, or simply forget and pay the cancellation fee thereby opening up a table here or there!
Totally agree! We already have reservations for a Princess dinner in Norway, but my little man loves Mickey, so I would really love to have that one on one time with him. I made our first Fast Pass on our first day to be our Mickey meet and greet! Can't wait!

Captainnobeard

Post by Captainnobeard » Aug Wed 12, 2015 4:40 pm

Hope you get Chef Mickey's, Belle1082!

We've got dinner booked there for half way through our week. I'm concerned about my daughter's reaction to the full costume characters so we intentionally didn't start with that one. She's terrified of anything like that that we come across. We have two princess dinners (Akershus and 1900 Park Fare ) booked for the first two nights so she will have seen lots of princesses and any characters we see in parades, meet and greets she is willing to do, etc. before we get to the full costume ones. We are also constantly watching the promo videos, YouTube, etc of the rides, characterz, fireworks and so on. Surprises and Eleanor are NOT a good combination :?

I hear you on checking for reservations regularly. I've got all the restaurants we want, but would love to adjust the booked times on several of them so I'm checking and hoping :)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 12, 2015 7:42 pm

Captainnobeard wrote:Hope you get Chef Mickey's, Belle1082!

We've got dinner booked there for half way through our week. I'm concerned about my daughter's reaction to the full costume characters so we intentionally didn't start with that one. She's terrified of anything like that that we come across. We have two princess dinners (Akershus and 1900 Park Fare ) booked for the first two nights so she will have seen lots of princesses and any characters we see in parades, meet and greets she is willing to do, etc. before we get to the full costume ones. We are also constantly watching the promo videos, YouTube, etc of the rides, characterz, fireworks and so on. Surprises and Eleanor are NOT a good combination :?

I hear you on checking for reservations regularly. I've got all the restaurants we want, but would love to adjust the booked times on several of them so I'm checking and hoping :)
Smart thinking on getting your daughter adjusted before you go...and making those reservations later in the trip. Hope she acclimates well to the characters so she can really enjoy seeing them up close!

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Aug Tue 18, 2015 1:23 pm

I'm with you on familiarizing your child with characters, Captainnobeard! My little guy will be 15 months when we go on his first trip and I'm hoping he will adjust and enjoy. We've seen a couple sports mascots and he was just fine, so I'm hoping he will be even more thrilled when he sees Mickey Mouse in person since right now when he sees him on TV he freaks out! I booked our very first thing on our first day to be a Fast Pass to meet Mickey at Mk - so i'm REALLY hoping that goes well!!!

Captainnobeard

Post by Captainnobeard » Aug Sat 22, 2015 8:47 pm

Belle1082 wrote:

I'm with you on familiarizing your child with characters, Captainnobeard! My little guy will be 15 months when we go on his first trip and I'm hoping he will adjust and enjoy. We've seen a couple sports mascots and he was just fine, so I'm hoping he will be even more thrilled when he sees Mickey Mouse in person since right now when he sees him on TV he freaks out! I booked our very first thing on our first day to be a Fast Pass to meet Mickey at Mk - so i'm REALLY hoping that goes well!!!

Eleanor has been afraid of characters since Tigger scared the daylights out of her at Crystal Palace when she was only 14 months old. Sounds like your little guy is good with characters already, so I imagine that you'll be fine. I'll cross my fingers for you though to send a little (totally unnecessary :) ) more pixie dust to help with any jitters he has :D

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Aug Tue 25, 2015 8:49 am

Yes! Send all the pixie dust our way!!! :-)

He really loves Mickey Mouse....and I think he will be a little shy and in awe of him and other characters right off the bat....but the pixie dust will definitely help. ;-)

I can imagine that Tigger could scare the crap out of a little one too! Especially if coming from out of no where! I'm hoping the setting of meeting Mickey for the first time will get him used to seeing him close up and then be able to enjoy the other characters as they cross our paths during our trip. I cannot wait to see the look on my son's face the first time he sees Mickey! The tears will flow!