Children's sit down meal on the Disney Dining plan

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Captainnobeard
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Children's sit down meal on the Disney Dining plan

Post by Captainnobeard » Jul Sun 19, 2015 8:48 pm

Hi everyone :)

i was wondering if someone could answer a question for me. we have WDW booked for the end of October (less then 100 days away, YEAH!!) and we are on the dining plan. My husband and i done the dining plan several times before, but this time we are doing it with our three year old. and there's where my slight confusion comes in. when i read up on All Ears, it says that a child can order an appetizer, and that their meal comes with an entre, dessert and beverage. when i look at actual menus i then get confused.

for example, in Sci Fi (where we have reservations) for the children's menu, it lists popcorn chicken with a choice of beverage and a dessert. nothing else is listed. will her meal arrive with just a handful of chicken on a plate and nothing else?

also, can anyone confirm that the children's meal comes with an appetizer also? Short Stuff is very picky, and if i have those options, it will make my life a whole lot easier.

i'm one of those people who like to know what to expect and hate to feel muddled in a restaurant, especially with a tired, excited short person to deal with at the same time.

thank much for any help you can throw my way :)