Trip to Orlando

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

eowynflynkfinger
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur
Horseless Carriage Chauffeur

Trip to Orlando

Post by eowynflynkfinger » Jun Thu 11, 2015 4:20 am

Hi everybody!

We plan a trip to Orlando from 10/17/2015 until 10/24/2015. It should be a business trip, but the fun is not also fall short. Unfortunately we have only 2 days at WDW and maybe 1 or 2 days at Universal Studios (our boss wants to go with us there because he likes it there very much). We are considering to go one day to the Magic Kingdom and one day to Epcot. Those two are the parks at WDW we are most interested in.
Well, I am not as hard working as my husband :wink: and my friend, which is the fiancée of our boss, is there with us, too. :D We would like to spent some time without our (soon to be) husbands. Just us girls. :D What can two girls do in Orlando besides shopping? Do you have any ideas? It should also not be too expensive, which is not easy in Orlando, as I know. I would be glad if you could help me further. :goofy_bounce:

I hope my English is not too bad. Thanks for your help. I may have more questions later, but not now.

Greetings from Germany
Verena

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: Trip to Orlando

Post by cy1229 » Jun Thu 11, 2015 6:59 am

I think I would get three-day tickets for you two ladies, while the guys get two-day tickets. Then you could go to a third park, or you could go back to the Magic Kingdom or Epcot a second time. The difference in price is $83 each, which gives you a full day of fun things to do. You will be spending money on food no matter what you do, and if you shop or go to a spa you would probably spend that much anyways.

Another option is to take advantage of your hotel's on-site amenities. Is the pool great? That kind of thing.

A third option is to go to one of the water parks at Disney. Both are a lot of fun and when you're going the weather will still be plenty warm enough. I believe a ticket for that is around $60 each.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Searlproudbottom
Main Street Cinema Projectionist
Main Street Cinema Projectionist

Re: Trip to Orlando

Post by Searlproudbottom » Jun Thu 11, 2015 7:48 am

For Mothers day one year we purchased Mom a spa treatment over at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort. As I remember it wasn't to terribly expensive. She liked it but I think she would have enjoyed it more if she would have had a friend to go with.