DISNEY!!! May 20-24

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Metalfan
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

DISNEY!!! May 20-24

Post by Metalfan » May Thu 07, 2015 11:30 am

Wow it's been so long since I've been here. Had a disney trip that had to be cancelled so this will be our return trip after a not so amazing time in October (my fault). We planned this weekend trip without actually knowing things that were going on (have had a TON going on good and bad since Christmas so mind wasn't on Disney). Few weeks ago we said screw it and planned. We'll be at Coronado Springs for the first 3 nights (at $130 a night I can't complain) and then Caribbean Beach on the last night. Looking forward to the 24 hour day at MK. Having the GF experience her first ever Star Wars weekend (I fully expect her to say "yay nerd" a few times). And just having a much better trip this time than last. We get in at 7 pm on Wednesday night so we'll head to DTD and get some dinner when we get there. Epcot, MK and MGMHollywoodDisneyWhatever Studios are on the agenda. We were planning on leaving Monday (Memorial Day) but we realized that we would have left at 11:30 in the morning so we would have spent about $200 for 4-5 extra hours Sunday night and we figured it was better to save the $200 and use it when we come back or just have extra spending money on the trip. GF really wants a Vera Bradley Disney bag. So it should be a lot of fun!

2 weeks from yesterday!!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: DISNEY!!! May 20-24

Post by Amy » May Thu 07, 2015 12:56 pm

How exciting that you were able to plan a quick getaway even if you have a lot going on. I'm envious that you will be there for the 24 hour Disney day ~ that would be a lot of fun, although I don't imagine I would care for the crowds at all :shock:

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » May Thu 07, 2015 1:41 pm

Awesome. Sounds like you are pretty excited! :)

Whats the plan for the 24Hr Disney Day thing? Going to try all 24 hrs??

Metalfan

Post by Metalfan » May Thu 07, 2015 2:07 pm

Well we're not sure how much we're gonna spend there. We've talked about and thought about it. Likely not all 24 but that would be EPIC. I think we're gonna do 6am-5pm then break from 5pm-9pm and then 9pm-4am or so.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by horizons1 » May Thu 07, 2015 5:51 pm

That sounds awesome. You'll need to update your user pic now that the hat is gone - maybe you can capture something cool on this trip!
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Thu 07, 2015 7:57 pm

wewantsdaredhead wrote:Awesome. Sounds like you are pretty excited! :)

Whats the plan for the 24Hr Disney Day thing? Going to try all 24 hrs??
Metalfan wrote:Well we're not sure how much we're gonna spend there. We've talked about and thought about it. Likely not all 24 but that would be EPIC. I think we're gonna do 6am-5pm then break from 5pm-9pm and then 9pm-4am or so.
:shock: I would have to be in the parks for the whole 24 if I was there ~ I can't even imagine taking a break. I would probably be really sorry the next day, but I would so try it! :goofy_bounce:

Metalfan

Post by Metalfan » May Thu 07, 2015 8:35 pm

horizons1 wrote:That sounds awesome. You'll need to update your user pic now that the hat is gone - maybe you can capture something cool on this trip!
I know! I'm actually sad about that!!!

Amy, I want to do all 24 hours honestly but I know my GF won't be able to do it.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Fri 08, 2015 5:30 am

I suppose that might be a bit much for someone who isn't used to the parks as much ~ probably smart not trying to push it...unless she is caught up in the excitement and wants to stay! :D

Metalfan

Post by Metalfan » May Fri 08, 2015 7:32 am

It's really going to be up to her. When she wants to go, we'll go. When she wants to leave we'll leave. When she wants to go back we will. This is really her trip since her birthday trip wasn't that great. So I want her to be happy and be able to do what she wants to do. I'll be happy just seeing her happy.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Fri 08, 2015 6:13 pm

Metalfan wrote:It's really going to be up to her. When she wants to go, we'll go. When she wants to leave we'll leave. When she wants to go back we will. This is really her trip since her birthday trip wasn't that great. So I want her to be happy and be able to do what she wants to do. I'll be happy just seeing her happy.
You sound like a wise man ~ plus you'll be in WDW with your girlfriend so you'll already be in a happy place :D
Nice new avatar ~ is Donald mad because the hat came down? ;)

Metalfan

Post by Metalfan » May Fri 08, 2015 7:19 pm

Donald is always mad lol. I think it's just life in general. Donald's always been my favorite Disney character

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » May Mon 11, 2015 1:59 pm

Donald has a really short fuse, not to mention his jealousy of all the attention Mickey gets.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Metalfan

Post by Metalfan » May Thu 14, 2015 3:00 pm

Today was a Disney day. UPS brought our Magical Express stuff and USPS brought our "you're going to disney" book. BTW, they really upgraded. Thats a fancy looking little box that the little book comes in.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » May Thu 14, 2015 10:04 pm

Metalfan wrote:Today was a Disney day. UPS brought our Magical Express stuff and USPS brought our "you're going to disney" book. BTW, they really upgraded. Thats a fancy looking little box that the little book comes in.
Nice ~ so exciting to get Disney mail ~ even better when it is a "You're going to Disney" book"!!

zhoover
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist
Fantasyland Theater Projectionist

Post by zhoover » May Mon 18, 2015 2:54 pm

Metalfan wrote:Having the GF experience her first ever Star Wars weekend
Our family heads down Friday for ten days - I can't wait, and we all really need this trip. Following all the Star Wars Weekend I goodness on Instagram the past few days has been exciting/brutal. I hope there's some Star Wars left by the time we get there! Are you going to hit the Rebel Hanger lounge? It looks great.