Boardwalk Parking lot construction?

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Zillerzap
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Boardwalk Parking lot construction?

Post by Zillerzap » May Sun 03, 2015 8:46 pm

I am planning a trip in mid to late October and noticed that the Boardwalk has a parking advisory on the hotel website. When I called Disney travel they knew nothing about this. Since I will have a car, I'd hate to have to pay for valet every night because the self park lot is unavailable. Anyone know what is going on there?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Boardwalk Parking lot construction?

Post by Amy » May Mon 04, 2015 6:37 am

Zillerzap wrote:I am planning a trip in mid to late October and noticed that the Boardwalk has a parking advisory on the hotel website. When I called Disney travel they knew nothing about this. Since I will have a car, I'd hate to have to pay for valet every night because the self park lot is unavailable. Anyone know what is going on there?
I wonder if the construction is something that will be done by late October. Strange that they didn't know anything about it as it is the first thing listed there on the top of the website. You might want to call the hotel directly ~ they certainly would have more information.

horizons1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Boardwalk Parking lot construction?

Post by horizons1 » May Tue 05, 2015 8:21 pm

Not sure which part of the self-parking lot is going to be fenced off, but I presume it is the main lot. Maybe they will simply reduce the amount of space reserved for valet to accommodate more self-parking.

Also, they do allow self-parking in the overflow lot that is normally reserved for events in the banquet hall. Since they don't do conventions there that space is pretty much unused unless there is a private party, and even then not filled up. That's the lot to the right as you drive in.
No one's gloomy or complaining while the flatware's entertaining.