Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Re: Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Post by yodiwan1 » Dec Thu 29, 2011 3:39 pm

i think we were 14 at ohanas on Sat the 7th...which is also Marathon time...so it may be a bit busy...
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Dec Thu 29, 2011 4:08 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Unfortunately, they have paid all they are going to. Why oh why did they have to change policies now??? Couldn't they have waited until the beginning of the year?!?!?!?!
Oh nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Seems like so much is going wrong with this meet-up! Curse you, 2011!!! :evil:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Dec Thu 29, 2011 4:14 pm

mindflipper wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:Unfortunately, they have paid all they are going to. Why oh why did they have to change policies now??? Couldn't they have waited until the beginning of the year?!?!?!?!
Oh nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! Seems like so much is going wrong with this meet-up! Curse you, 2011!!! :evil:
I think the "other dimension" evil Doctor Doofenshmirtz is behind all this evil mayhem!!!!
(sorry, the Phineas and Ferb movie is currently on :roll: )

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Dec Thu 29, 2011 4:20 pm

I know it's late. I know it's not possible for all parties who had it planned. But I have found a few spots open for dinner for that many guests at 9:55pm and 9:50pm respectively for the following Monday (9:55) and Wednesday (9:50). Best I could find this close (2 weeks).
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Dec Thu 29, 2011 9:08 pm

Mouseoholic wrote:Hi all! Thanks for the nice welcome back. No sooner than I was back I got sick again. Of course if follows to say that Mousekedude is sick, yes, again too..... He wants everything I have. :D At least I now know why I keep getting sick and am working with my doctor to correct the problem. It's too long of a story to write here and my computer battery is at 10% :shock:

On so on to REAL GOOD news. So, I am in fully Disney planning, shopping, packing etc. mode. I am off for the next 3 weeks !!!!! YEAH!!!!!! :goofy_bounce:

OK, so now on to some SERIOUS BAD news. :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :shock: :roll:

Let me start this by apologizing in advance. My head has not been in the right place for some time and I have made a major mistake as far as our meet-up. Yesterday I was checking all of our reservations and making sure they were all listed on our agenda and I noticed that the Ohana dinner was reserved for 7:30 a.m. (yes....A.M.) and not for 7:30 P.M. I called and tried to see if I could it and it just cannot be done. Once I am there, I will try really hard to plead my case but 14 is a huge number to try to squeeze in. Sometime this week I am going to try to call the Grand Gatherings department to see if they can assist at all.

Anyway, that leaves us without a place to eat for dinner. Now, I booked several reservations and need your input. Please PM me with your personal preference.

1.) 50's Prime Time 11:00 a.m. (Hollywood Studios)
Note: It is very possible that we may be seated at two to three separate tables. If we do lunch, this means that the Boilers and Wewantstheredhead will not be able to join us as they are running this day.

2.) Biergarten 1:05 p.m. (Epcot)
For sure we will be able to all sit together. I know some are not very fond of German food but it is a great atmosphere for groups. If we do lunch, this means that the Boilers and Wewantstheredhead will not be able to join us as they are running this day.

3.) La Hacienda 6:00 p.m. (Epcot)
Note: It is very possible that we may be seated at two tables but possible for us to all be seated together. We will have to see.

4.) Biergarten 7:00 p.m. (Epcot)
Note: If you prefer Biergarten I recommend that we eat here for lunch rather than dinner because it is more expensive at dinner.

5.) Any other options? I am open to suggestions.

For the other meal I suggest that we do a quick service. Many are running that day and will not be able to join us until the evening. Some of us are on a budget and it will allow us for more time on rides and to enjoy the park.

Also, for those of you with a park hopper ticket the park hours have changed and MK is now open until 11:00 p.m. Since MK is open do we really want to watch wishes at the Poly? Why not just do 3 parks in 1 day and head over to MK for the evening after dinner and have Dole Whips in the MK Park and the watch wishes?

SPECIAL NOTE: If you do not have a park hopper option then PLEASE LET ME KNOW. We do not want to leave anyone out by changing up the plans. We can sill do Dole Whips on the beach of the Poly if needed.

I know this is a lot of information. Please read over this again carefully and answer the following questions in your PM to me
1.) Which meal do I prefer to each with my fellow Subsonicers? If you will not be joining us for a meal, please let me know. Also, if you have another preference, please do not be shy. Let me know. I will see what is available.

2.) Since MK will be open late, would you prefer to watch Wishes and have your Dole Whip in MK or at the Poly?

3.) If we do quick service for one of the meals, do you want to joing up with us? If so, we will work out where once we have the main meal situated.

I really am sorry. I have been so absent minded lately and am sorry for not paying for attention.

Mouseoholic!
Okay, I see we're getting a little off track here. So I've quoted my sweetie in order for everyone to take a step back and look at this again. These are our options... already booked, I might add... so we're looking for input on these reservations, please. :shock:

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Dec Thu 29, 2011 9:11 pm

I feel biergarten at 1pm is the best option and I will explain my reasons...1)lunch is cheaper than dinner and I know a bunch of us are on budgets. 2) That is a peak time for the park being busy, so it's a great time to eat. 3)rd with MK being open until 11, that gives us plenty of time to digest and still head over there. especially for those that like to take a break during the day(not me, only day there! lol)...just my 2 cents.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Dec Thu 29, 2011 9:12 pm

Sorry to throw a little hissy-fit back there, but we're seriously running out of time to pull all this together. We need everyone to focus and let us know what works best and please p.m. either me or mouseoholic to let us know what works. After that we'll choose the ressies that work best and cancel the others.
tick..tock..tick..tock, people! :shock: :wink:

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Dec Thu 29, 2011 9:20 pm

DO you want me to PM you or is what I posted ok?

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Dec Thu 29, 2011 9:46 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:DO you want me to PM you or is what I posted ok?
Okay, I'll put you down for that one. I know you're eager to meet us all, and we want to help you any way we can. So that's one vote for 1:00 Biergarten reservation.
Anyone else...?

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Dec Fri 30, 2011 9:03 am

I PM'ed Mouseoholic the day she originally posted it. Do not count us in for any sit down meals...IF we are able to still participate, we certainly won't be able to participate in a sit down meal.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Dec Fri 30, 2011 11:37 am

Wow, I've missed alot. Haven't had alot of time to be online, my therapy has been eating up alot of my time.

I'm so sorry dichuey won't be able to make it and Mmeleota, I'm so very sorry what you're going through too. Hugs and Pixie Dust headed to you!!!!

I will text the Mouse Couple...but B-dude and I have AP's, so park hopping is no issue to us. The issue with us is that I'm running the 1/2 Sat. a.m. and I will definately need recovery time with the way I've been feeling. So, we would need a dinner option. If the majority cannot do that, then we will meet up with you in the p.m. wherever that may be. I personally would prefer Rum spked DW's on the beach at the Poly! :wink: Then depending how I'm feeling, we would see how long we would stay out. I don't want to wreck myself for the rest of the trip. This usually is not an issue for me, having to rest so much after a race, but with my current condition, it's taken it's toll on me.

Hope that helps!!! Can't wait to see everyone!

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Dec Fri 30, 2011 6:58 pm

I would suggest that even if we don't figure out some evening sit-down meal plan that we meet for RSDWs at the Poly beach...in fact, my sweetie and me will be at the Poly beach for sure that Saturday night beverage in hand regardless of what happens with everyone else--we don't have park tickets for Sat. so we will have to enjoy Wishes from the comfort of a sandy beach that hosted Marauder Mayhem just over a year ago... :)
I hope this all works out, but it sounds like everyone is being pulled in different directions right now.
I hope to see everyone at some point that week. Whether it's running, poly beach dole whipp-ing, or walking around the parks. :) :)

H

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by Mousekedude » Dec Fri 30, 2011 7:51 pm

That's the spirit, H! :D
We always anticipate that everyone has their own agendas, so last year we planned a broad schedule of numerous mini-meetups, and any who could make those were welcome to show up. Then of course we had the big dinner and the full-blown-gonzo-bull-moose-official-meetup afterwards on the Poly beach for rum-spiked Dole Whips. It worked out pretty well, so we're planning the same general scenario this year. The thing is, as poor Mousoholic said, something happened with the 'Ohana reservation and it got set for 7:30 a.m. breakfast instead of 7:30 p.m. dinner. She was frantic when she discovered that, but having been stuck in Australia for so long, it was too late to do anything about it. So the poor thing was up till, like, 1:00 a.m. trying to make a bunch of alternative reservations that might work out instead. So that's the list she posted a few posts back, and that's what we're waiting to see everyone respond to. Bear in mind that everything on that list is a confirmed reservation for 10-15 people (she worked hard on it...), so we really need to know which ones to keep and which to discard. So far we've only had a few responses. We'll give it maybe a couple more days, and then we'll have to make some decisions and just go with it. When we do, we'll post the results... probably by Sunday... and let everyone work with it as best they can. But as far as I'm concerned, the big meetup to watch Wishes with Dole Whips is gonna happen on the beach at the Poly as planned, and I'm still providing rum for everyone... plus gifts at that time for those we haven't met up with before that point... so your plan is just fine, bro. We'll see you there if not before. :D
Oh, by the way... I'm going to p.m. everyone our cell numbers so we can coordinate things on a day-to-day basis while we're there, as much as possible. A couple of the returnees from last year already have our numbers, but the rest of you should watch your p.m.'s. :wink:

Edit: I've been successfully texting many of you in the past hour or so, so it's looking good so far! :D

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Dec Sat 31, 2011 12:51 am

Few things.... one, yodiwan1, got the confirmation on your tickets, so 8am at DHS on the 7th is fine with me! Also I got apologise for not calling Mousekedude back, living out here in the sticks, I struggle with the phone service... I'm lucky enough when a text goes through! I'm still in Mississippi but things will be better once in Florida next Friday...

I did PM Mouseoholic with my preference on dining, so yes... I think we're good on all that! :)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sat 31, 2011 9:10 am

wewantsdaredhead wrote:poly beach dole whipp-ing
Ok, this made me laugh very heartily this morning :lol: Thanks for an awesome start to my last morning of 2011!!
Mousekedude wrote:Bear in mind that everything on that list is a confirmed reservation for 10-15 people (she worked hard on it...), so we really need to know which ones to keep and which to discard....h, by the way... I'm going to p.m. everyone our cell numbers so we can coordinate things on a day-to-day basis while we're there, as much as possible. A couple of the returnees from last year already have our numbers, but the rest of you should watch your p.m.'s. :wink:
Edit: I've been successfully texting many of you in the past hour or so, so it's looking good so far! :D
Y'all know about the changes to the ressies and fees for cancellations right? I'm not sure if any of the restaurants you are looking at have the cancellation fees associated with them, but you might want to double-check. You wouldn't want to have to pay out money unnecessarily!
I'm going to re-give you my texting number if that is ok?? I would love to hear from anyone who wants to send me a funny/random/awesome/just because text from while they are on vacation :mrgreen: