Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Post by Amy » Dec Tue 27, 2011 8:39 pm

That's great news on the apartment dichuy. Too bad that wipes out your WDW visit though. Now I'll have some company on the boards while everyone is away though :D

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Dec Wed 28, 2011 1:42 am

Sorry to hear about that dichuy but knowing this group, there will be many more chances to meet up.

Mouseoholic - glad to have you back! I am not sure who I am bringing just yet... Mom, wife, kids... .??? So, I don't think I can help with the decisions on meet ups/dining. I hope to know more in a day or so...

Amy - you know I would fly you down if I had unlimited funds... Sorry sis.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Wed 28, 2011 8:11 am

NaCler wrote:Sorry to hear about that dichuy but knowing this group, there will be many more chances to meet up.

Mouseoholic - glad to have you back! I am not sure who I am bringing just yet... Mom, wife, kids... .??? So, I don't think I can help with the decisions on meet ups/dining. I hope to know more in a day or so...

Amy - you know I would fly you down if I had unlimited funds... Sorry sis.
Aww, you are very sweet NaCler. I'm glad you have the chance to get to the meet-ups and take pictures for those of us that live further away. I like vacationing vicariously through the forum ~ less packing woes and no sitting next to questionable airline passengers that way ;) :lol:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Dec Wed 28, 2011 5:15 pm

mindflipper wrote:
yodiwan1 wrote:any duffy pins?? lol j/k
I do have some duffy stickers if you want any (I got them to give as a gift to NaCler and Mousekedude)...
You, my friend, are pure evil....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Dec Wed 28, 2011 5:33 pm

Okay, on a more serious note: keep in mind that I will be providing the rum for the Dole Whips. It's already bought and packed, with plenty for all, so don't disappoint me by choosing to have our Dole Whip meet-up somewhere other than the Poly Beach! :evil:
Kidding... sort of... The truth is that we were able to smuggle a few bottles into MK last year strictly by accident because Amy forgot she had them in her pocket and they don't frisk your person... yet. :shock: But I doubt I can smuggle in the whole shebang if we choose to have our Dole Whip meetup in MK. Plus, consider this: even if it weren't for the rum thing, some of us (Mindflipper, Madeye, Cousininmiami, etc...) are only popping in for the day and may not have park tickets, so it wouldn't be fair to make them buy some. So I strongly suggest that no matter what we end up doing for meals, we still stick to the plan of having the actual "Mayhem Marauder Dole Whip Wishes" meetup on the Poly Beach. Just my humble opinion.... :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Wed 28, 2011 5:37 pm

Mousekedude wrote:Okay, on a more serious note: keep in mind that I will be providing the rum for the Dole Whips. It's already bought and packed, with plenty for all, so don't disappoint me by choosing to have our Dole Whip meet-up somewhere other than the Poly Beach! :evil:
Kidding... sort of... The truth is that we were able to smuggle a few bottles into MK last year strictly by accident because Amy forgot she had them in her pocket and they don't frisk your person... yet. :shock: But I doubt I can smuggle in the whole shebang if we choose to have our Dole Whip meetup in MK. Plus, consider this: even if it weren't for the rum thing, some of us are only popping in for the day and may not have park tickets. So I strongly suggest that no matter what we end up doing for meals, we still stick to the plan of having the actual "Mayhem Marauder Dole Whip Wishes" meetup on the Poly Beach. Just my humble opinion.... :wink:
Um, they were in my backpack actually. But you make a good point. You could easily stuff a few bottles o' rum into your pockets and no one would be the wiser at the security check-points ;)
It was fun watching the fireworks on the beach ~ it was a totally new vantage point for us :D Wherever you watch, be sure to take a gander at boilerbabe doing the Dole Whip dance! And maybe point a camera in that general direction too ~ sheer joy is in short supply around the Midwest in the winter sometimes :roll: ;) :lol:

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Dec Thu 29, 2011 6:31 am

Well...
Me and the Missus will not be able to attend any function inside a park. We dont get our tickets until we check in on Sunday (for the free dining plan). :( And, yes, we are running that morning (Sat) so we won't be available for the morning...and most of the afternoon while I recover :lol:
But we would be glad to meet anywhere else that we all agree on...OR...we will just meet you for Mayhem on the beach with some Dole Whips (Spiked or not--you decide ;) )

We are pretty easy to get along with...just let us know what works for everyone else and we will do our best to be there.
I am very excited!!!!!

see you all soon
H

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Dec Thu 29, 2011 9:34 am

I know personally, Sat. is the ONLY day we have tickets, and when we found out the park would be open until 11 we were ecstatic! Do we have any feed back on a meal yet? Where and when we eat is going to play a huge part of how we set up our day. We are trying to maximize our time in the park, as well as try to hang out with everyone as much as we can.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Dec Thu 29, 2011 11:42 am

Mousekedude wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
yodiwan1 wrote:any duffy pins?? lol j/k
I do have some duffy stickers if you want any (I got them to give as a gift to NaCler and Mousekedude)...
You, my friend, are pure evil....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[APPLAUD LOUDLY]

Thank you, thank you...(bowing) :mrgreen: :twisted: :wink: :lol:

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Dec Thu 29, 2011 11:47 am

Mousekedude wrote:Plus, consider this: even if it weren't for the rum thing, some of us (Madeye...
I'm more than likely available most of the weekdays to play in the parks (weekday pass, cheap and effective) except for the 5th and possibly the 10th, 11th and 12th. Time will tell but I'm up for anything in the parks. I know for a fact that my girlfriend is off on both the 4th and 5th but she'll more than likely want to rest after the huge holiday crowds start dying down but she could be up for the Dole Whip meet up. I'll talk to her about it later tonight as to whether she would like to join in anything but the dining reservations (we have our own reservations coinciding around the same time so that would definitely be a no go for us, unfortunately).
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Dec Thu 29, 2011 2:43 pm

At the moment, MadEye, it's a no-go for all of us as well as there problems with the dining reservation. Do you have any connections that can help out the Mousekecouple with that?

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Dec Thu 29, 2011 2:47 pm

Hello my friends! Sorry I haven't been around much lately. This move has been horrendous!!!!! :shock: We are in panic mode right now trying to figure out what to do because hubby's work slashed the relocation budget and we ended up having to pay for way more than expected and it forced us to wipe out our trip budget. So now we are debating about either going anyway but having to watch every penny and a very strong possibility of not being able to go to the parks (but still get to see everyone :D ), or try and postpone the trip for another time...but it may be another year before we can build up the funds since we're only on one income right now.

UGH!!!!! 2011 strikes again!!!!!!
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Changing subjects...but not topic ;)

So, I know I don't have to ask if everyone is excited...so is everyone packed and ready to go???? :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Thu 29, 2011 3:13 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Hello my friends! Sorry I haven't been around much lately. This move has been horrendous!!!!! :shock: We are in panic mode right now trying to figure out what to do because hubby's work slashed the relocation budget and we ended up having to pay for way more than expected and it forced us to wipe out our trip budget. So now we are debating about either going anyway but having to watch every penny and a very strong possibility of not being able to go to the parks (but still get to see everyone :D ), or try and postpone the trip for another time...but it may be another year before we can build up the funds since we're only on one income right now.
UGH!!!!! 2011 strikes again!!!!!!
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Changing subjects...but not topic ;)
So, I know I don't have to ask if everyone is excited...so is everyone packed and ready to go???? :D
Oh no! That's awful! I suppose talking with the company is out of the question??

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Dec Thu 29, 2011 3:16 pm

Unfortunately, they have paid all they are going to. Why oh why did they have to change policies now??? Couldn't they have waited until the beginning of the year?!?!?!?!

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Dec Thu 29, 2011 3:31 pm

mindflipper wrote:At the moment, MadEye, it's a no-go for all of us as well as there problems with the dining reservation. Do you have any connections that can help out the Mousekecouple with that?
Unfortunately not. How many are/were planned for it and (refresh my memory) which restaurant? Depending on how many, the chance of taking over a table at the last minute is greater on one of the weekdays; Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday are the best options from experience. Luckily the meet up is during one of the least busiest seasons of the year so it should be a lot easier (hopefully).
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.