Amy and F1gment's return to Disneyland 2013

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Amy and F1gment's return to Disneyland 2013

Post by mindflipper » Nov Wed 27, 2013 12:28 am

Amy wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:My mother went to a "Let's Make a Deal" taping once back in the day during the original run...I think she was dressed up in some garbage bags or something, I don't remember. I'm sure you guys will have fun though!

...less than a week to go!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited for you!!!!!!!!
Still have no concrete costume ideas :shock: We are getting pretty excited as well ~ although I think Figment is very close to her stress level limit :( I've heard more than once that our next trip is just the two of us, to WDW! :lol:
Won't costumes take up valuable place in the luggage that could be used instead to take Disneyland merchandise home with you?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 27, 2013 7:37 am

mindflipper wrote:Won't costumes take up valuable place in the luggage that could be used instead to take Disneyland merchandise home with you?
That's why I was trying to think of something super simple and not bulky. I tried talking Figment into my taking her super large suitcase...well, it really is only a few inches bigger all the way around than mine...but it is still bigger. She wanted to know why I wanted it. Evidently, "to bring more Disney souvenirs home" was the wrong answer...she said no :( Guess I will be buying small things...or shipping stuff home! :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 28, 2013 11:46 pm

Got a good deal on an external battery charger tonight for my iphone. I had looked at them at Walgreens yesterday and decided to wait and see what went on sale. Turns out the one I was looking at, starting price of $49.99, was on sale for 1/2 price and then another $10 off if I bought it on Thanksgiving day! Managed to make a graceful exit from the family dinner around 9, dropped Figment off at home and took my brother and niece to Walgreens. It was funny as he was sort of giving me a hard time about wanting an external battery (this from someone who has the Mophie charging case for his iphone :roll: and he ended up getting one too since it was such a good deal! :lol:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Fri 29, 2013 9:00 pm

Nice score Amy!!! :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Fri 29, 2013 11:18 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Nice score Amy!!! :lol:
Thanks! I was pretty happy with the extra $10 off :D
This has been a whirlwind couple of days. Enjoyed Thanksgiving day with my brother, his daughter and our friends. Packed and had some pool time, pizza and more family time this evening. We still have a list a mile long for tomorrow morning before we leave in the afternoon to heard toward Chicago, but it is all coming together ~ phew!
Better add that last day of the trip report to that list ~ that might need to happen on the plane ~ uh-oh!

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Nov Sat 30, 2013 2:14 pm

Have a great trip Amy and F1gment. :ccat: :ccat: :ccat:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Sat 30, 2013 8:35 pm

Have a great time, Amy!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Sat 30, 2013 9:06 pm

Have a fantastic trip Amy! Are you and F1gment flying out of Midway?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sat 30, 2013 9:41 pm

boilerbabe wrote:Have a fantastic trip Amy! Are you and F1gment flying out of Midway?
Thanks everyone! We made it to Chicago - only leaving almost 3 hours later than I wanted :( but traffic was pretty good and we are good to go at 6 tomorrow am!
We are flying out of O'Hare b-babe. Are y'all flying out of Midway? Our flight leaves at 8:40. Maybe we will wave in your direction :lol: Figment wanted to wave at you guys today but I said you were probably already at your folks :D

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Dec Sun 01, 2013 12:37 pm

Amy wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:Have a fantastic trip Amy! Are you and F1gment flying out of Midway?
Thanks everyone! We made it to Chicago - only leaving almost 3 hours later than I wanted :( but traffic was pretty good and we are good to go at 6 tomorrow am!
We are flying out of O'Hare b-babe. Are y'all flying out of Midway? Our flight leaves at 8:40. Maybe we will wave in your direction :lol: Figment wanted to wave at you guys today but I said you were probably already at your folks :D

Happy travels Amy and F1gment!!! We are heading to my parents later today :D Glad traffic wasn't too bad for you! Look forward to hearing about your adventures upon your returns! :goofy_bounce:

We are flying out of Midway tomorrow, flight leaves at 8a.m. We are being picked up at 5:10a.m. We've had worse pick up times, :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sun 01, 2013 2:34 pm

My brother and his friend picked us up at 6 so that wasn't too bad.
We landed safely in California :D and watched Cars on the flight so we are all set for DCA! Not sure how many days we will have at the park but we shall enjoy what we can while we are here...

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Dec Sun 01, 2013 4:48 pm

Glad you girls made it! Have a wonderful vacation!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sun 01, 2013 9:39 pm

Not sure if anyone will be on here yet tonight or not, but we are planning on leaving at 7:30 to hit rope drop at DL in the morning. We have an approximately 45 minute drive according to the GPS...and we still need to have tickets and get figment her GAC card...hopefully that gives us plenty of time to hit up a few attractions before our lunch at Club 33. So excited! :D

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Dec Mon 02, 2013 1:20 am

Awesome news Amy. I am a very jealous brother right now! Enjoy it as you and your mother deserve every minute of it.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Mon 02, 2013 9:26 am

Thanks again y'all. Can't say it has been a relaxing trip so far, but today is the first day without a major flight involved so that should help. Family reunions are nice but 4 people in one room and one bathroom is cozier than we ever were at home growing up! :shock: :lol: