I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

ambrmk108
King Arthur Carousel Horseman

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by ambrmk108 » Jul Wed 06, 2016 7:52 am

Amy wrote:Sounds like you've got a few really nice things planned ambrmk108 ~ the Contemporary with a theme park view should be awesome! And you should be able to get some really nice pictures in the park without any/many other guests around at that hour of the morning!
What are some of the attractions you haven't been on before? Just the newer things that have opened since your last trip, or things you've had to pass up due to crowds, too cold, etc.??
Nothing planned as far as a meet-up yet, but if we get something together, we'll be sure to let you know :D
Yes, I'm very excited! I also got the memory maker for this trip, so I'm excited to see all the pictures we get.

Some newer some older, and the older ones are normally because of crowds or because I honestly forgot about them with everything else there is to do. Some older rides would include the tiki room, prince charming regal carrousel, mickey's philharmagic, and dumbo (I've never been on those rides). I'm excited to see the new soarin'!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 06, 2016 1:20 pm

How fun ~ one time I think I might like to get the memory maker. Maybe if I can talk my siblings into coming with their families. Then it would be a good time to spring for the added expense. Really great idea for your wedding trip!
How long since your last visit?

ambrmk108

Post by ambrmk108 » Jul Thu 07, 2016 10:23 am

I've never purchased it before, and almost didn't this time but my fiancé talked me into it. It is a special trip after all!
My last trip was mid May 2015, so it hasn't been too long but I'm very anxious to get back! When was your last trip?

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jul Thu 07, 2016 1:40 pm

ambrmk108 wrote: I live in the eastern part of Indiana. That would be so much fun to do something like that!
I'm in central Indiana.... south of Indy. Have met up with Amy and her mom for a very brief chocoholics anonymous meeting :lol: We were driving through South Bend on our way to western Michigan, stopped off to meet Amy and her mom, and gave her some p-u-s-s-y willow plants (I have to spell it like that because the publishing software thinks I'm being crude) and we met up at the South Bend Chocolate Company. YUM.

We should so meet up, and maybe the other N Indiana / Illinois / Southern Wisconsin folks can drive down to meet us.

And congratulations!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Thu 07, 2016 9:37 pm

ambrmk108 wrote:I've never purchased it before, and almost didn't this time but my fiancé talked me into it. It is a special trip after all!
My last trip was mid May 2015, so it hasn't been too long but I'm very anxious to get back! When was your last trip?
December of 2015, so fairly recently. Still working on that pesky trip report. I take awhile to get them done :lol: :lol: :lol:

Metalfan
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by Metalfan » Jul Sun 10, 2016 5:57 pm

101!!!!!!!!

Metalfan

Post by Metalfan » Jul Sun 10, 2016 5:58 pm

Amy wrote:How fun ~ one time I think I might like to get the memory maker. Maybe if I can talk my siblings into coming with their families. Then it would be a good time to spring for the added expense. Really great idea for your wedding trip!
How long since your last visit?
We got it after our last trip Amy. We loved it. We just didn't plan on it originally so we didn't take advantage of everything. After seeing what you get with it, we'll be using it to it's fullest when we go in October!

ambrmk108

Post by ambrmk108 » Jul Mon 11, 2016 7:06 am

cy1229 wrote:
ambrmk108 wrote: I live in the eastern part of Indiana. That would be so much fun to do something like that!
I'm in central Indiana.... south of Indy. Have met up with Amy and her mom for a very brief chocoholics anonymous meeting :lol: We were driving through South Bend on our way to western Michigan, stopped off to meet Amy and her mom, and gave her some p-u-s-s-y willow plants (I have to spell it like that because the publishing software thinks I'm being crude) and we met up at the South Bend Chocolate Company. YUM.

We should so meet up, and maybe the other N Indiana / Illinois / Southern Wisconsin folks can drive down to meet us.

And congratulations!
Correction, I'm actually on the western side of Indiana (got my directions confused). I'm about an hour south/west-ish from Indianapolis. :lol:

acp
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Post by acp » Aug Tue 09, 2016 11:47 am

Only 45 days to go until the Hong Kong/Japan trip. It's going somewhat fast now!

I need to get more itinerary planning done - I'm quite behind on where I'd like that to be (mostly because new job has been taking up my attention more than holiday planning...)

As for DLP, that's 104 days away.
Subsonic Radio Admin and former Walt Disney World Cast Member

Subsonic Radio Player for Windows (Latest version: 1.8.5 - More info)

Disneyland Paris: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Walt Disney World: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019
Tokyo Disney Resort: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2016, 2017
Shanghai Disneyland: 2018

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 09, 2016 3:32 pm

acp wrote:Only 45 days to go until the Hong Kong/Japan trip. It's going somewhat fast now!

I need to get more itinerary planning done - I'm quite behind on where I'd like that to be (mostly because new job has been taking up my attention more than holiday planning...)

Wow ~ that is coming up soon. Hope you have some time to work on it between the job thing and daily life!

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Aug Wed 10, 2016 9:52 am

"The following is a public service message from Mousekedude"

Ya know, I've never been comfortable with posting a notice telling the whole world when my house will be vacant (can you say "burglar"?).
Yes, we're going on another trip soon, but I'm not posting the dates openly. If any of my fellow Mayhem Marauder peeps wanna know when we're going to be there, they can send me a p.m. :wink:

acp

Post by acp » Aug Sat 13, 2016 9:33 am

Amy wrote:
acp wrote:Only 45 days to go until the Hong Kong/Japan trip. It's going somewhat fast now!

Wow ~ that is coming up soon. Hope you have some time to work on it between the job thing and daily life!
Well I might have just added a ticket to this show to my plans for the Japan part of the trip... :wink:

(You'll need Google Translate for that website)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 13, 2016 2:36 pm

Nice! Guess I don't have to worry too much about you having a bit of time to plan here or there :D

acp

Post by acp » Aug Sat 13, 2016 5:08 pm

Amy wrote:Nice! Guess I don't have to worry too much about you having a bit of time to plan here or there :D
Heh. I've had my eye on the Disney on Classic shows for a few years now but the dates never lined up with my trips (not helped by the performances almost always being just one night in each place as it tours Japan). I actually forgot to check if any dates lined up this year until the other day when I had a look and noticed there's a show in Saitama (about an hour by train from my hotel) that fits in perfectly with my trip's dates this year. I had a bit of trouble working out how to get tickets (all five of the ticketing websites the website points you at are entirely Japanese and seem to require a Japanese address to register with). Fortunately a friend in Japan has been kind enough to help me get a ticket sorted out for it :)

This page has the programme for this year's show: http://www.disney.co.jp/eventlive/oncla ... ogram.html * (The show I'm attending doesn't have the Villains or Christmas special bits as far as I'm aware).

I might be a little excited about this one :)

* In other news, today I learned there's 28 songs in Frozen :o (although I'm assuming most of them are the score as opposed to actual songs)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 13, 2016 8:22 pm

acp wrote:
Amy wrote:Nice! Guess I don't have to worry too much about you having a bit of time to plan here or there :D
Heh. I've had my eye on the Disney on Classic shows for a few years now but the dates never lined up with my trips (not helped by the performances almost always being just one night in each place as it tours Japan). I actually forgot to check if any dates lined up this year until the other day when I had a look and noticed there's a show in Saitama (about an hour by train from my hotel) that fits in perfectly with my trip's dates this year. I had a bit of trouble working out how to get tickets (all five of the ticketing websites the website points you at are entirely Japanese and seem to require a Japanese address to register with). Fortunately a friend in Japan has been kind enough to help me get a ticket sorted out for it :)

This page has the programme for this year's show: http://www.disney.co.jp/eventlive/oncla ... ogram.html * (The show I'm attending doesn't have the Villains or Christmas special bits as far as I'm aware).

I might be a little excited about this one :)

* In other news, today I learned there's 28 songs in Frozen :o (although I'm assuming most of them are the score as opposed to actual songs)
It's good to have friends in foreign places. I translated a bit, could read a little, but mostly it just made me sad how much skill I have lost since being fairly fluent during my college years...sigh.
Hope you enjoy the show. It did look a bit heavy on the Frozen songs, but that would make sense as I'm sure it is still very popular. It should be a great show in any case!