Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Wed 13, 2011 2:13 pm

For those planning to go in January, is anyone plotting to venture outside Disney walls? We had been thinking that perhaps if we were able to go, we'd like to take a day and go to that "other" main attraction in the Orlando area :shock: (mainly because I am dying to see Hogwarts and sip a butterbeer...)

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Jul Wed 13, 2011 2:37 pm

I never liked playing Slug Bug, but she got me hooked on it. Now it's an automatic reflex... even when I'm driving alone I'll see one and call out "slug bug." :lol:
Of course, we just verbalize it... we don't actually hit each other. :roll:

MmeLeota, we've pondered going "off the reservation"... maybe to visit St. Augustine or possibly Seaworld. Gotta admit, though, that Universal doesn't hold enough appeal for us to justify the expense of going there. We're not huge "pop-culture-Hollywood" types, and definitely have no interest in anything Harry-Potter-related... no offense... and yes, I know all about the Coke commercial... (old man sigh..). :wink:

Yodiwan1, you gotta work on her, Dude! It would be soooooooo worthwhile to come and meet the rest of us! We're all definitely dying to meet you! Tell you what: if you can pull it off, I will personally buy you the first round of Jalapeno Margaritas at La Cava Del Tequila! How can you say no?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Wed 13, 2011 2:53 pm

None taken...I read all 7 books and really enjoy the HP world. That is really the only draw for us...I don't do roller coasters (hubby shouldn't do roller coasters these days), we've been to USH, and though USO and IOA are much larger, they just don't have the appeal. We would most likely hold off for another trip to go there...who knows?

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Wed 13, 2011 3:00 pm

Mousekedude wrote:Yodiwan1, you gotta work on her, Dude! It would be soooooooo worthwhile to come and meet the rest of us! We're all definitely dying to meet you! Tell you what: if you can pull it off, I will personally buy you the first round of Jalapeno Margaritas at La Cava Del Tequila! How can you say no?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yodiwan1: As Mousekedude is buying everyone a Jalapeno Margarita, you can have mine. I'm not big into Margaritas. :wink:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Wed 13, 2011 3:12 pm

MmeLeota wrote:None taken...I read all 7 books and really enjoy the HP world. That is really the only draw for us...I don't do roller coasters (hubby shouldn't do roller coasters these days), we've been to USH, and though USO and IOA are much larger, they just don't have the appeal. We would most likely hold off for another trip to go there...who knows?
I'm told the ride still commands very long lines and unlike Disney there's no free fast-pass (you have to buy an express pass for the day). Also, the reviews have been mixed and I think it boils down to this reason: if you've read the books and understood the movies, then you'll like it - otherwise, you're lost. The ride is based on the movies more than the books. The other two rides are the dueling coaster and the kiddie coaster, but both actually existed in IoA before HP was added when that area was known as Mythica. Those rides just got re-themed to HP.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Wed 13, 2011 4:17 pm

MmeLeota wrote:For those planning to go in January, is anyone plotting to venture outside Disney walls? We had been thinking that perhaps if we were able to go, we'd like to take a day and go to that "other" main attraction in the Orlando area :shock: (mainly because I am dying to see Hogwarts and sip a butterbeer...)
I've always wanted to go to IOA and see Harry Potter... never have. Granted, I've read all the books, seen all but the current upcoming film... yeah, I'm a fan. :mrgreen:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Wed 13, 2011 4:35 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:For those planning to go in January, is anyone plotting to venture outside Disney walls? We had been thinking that perhaps if we were able to go, we'd like to take a day and go to that "other" main attraction in the Orlando area :shock: (mainly because I am dying to see Hogwarts and sip a butterbeer...)
I've always wanted to go to IOA and see Harry Potter... never have. Granted, I've read all the books, seen all but the current upcoming film... yeah, I'm a fan. :mrgreen:
Day after tomorrow!!! (though I don't think we're gonna get to go opening weekend :( )

Thanks for the heads up mindflipper! I really would like to just see the area and experience all the details. I know, it would be an expensive day trip...that's why I'm thinking we might wait to go another time and maybe it won't be so crowded. Our other thought then becomes, when would we get back to FL? It's been 8 years since our last trip...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 13, 2011 6:01 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:
Day after tomorrow!!! (though I don't think we're gonna get to go opening weekend :( )

Thanks for the heads up mindflipper! I really would like to just see the area and experience all the details. I know, it would be an expensive day trip...that's why I'm thinking we might wait to go another time and maybe it won't be so crowded. Our other thought then becomes, when would we get back to FL? It's been 8 years since our last trip...
That was what I was thinking ~ you are already going to be that close!
I would be totally lost going on what mindflipper said. I've only seen the first movie and read none of the books. Just didn't hold my interest :? But I am really interested in seeing how they used the Kuka arm technology for the ride. But that, and a chance to ride ET again (I love that ride!) isn't enough for me to pony up the money to go to Universal :roll:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Wed 13, 2011 6:18 pm

The problem with IoA is that if you don't love getting soaked on water rides or riding roller coasters - well, there's not much there for you to do. My parents avoid it like the plague because there's nothing they want to do there. I've been to IoA and left with three lasting memories: many parts of the park was screaming "Paint Me!", you get so drenched you'll never dry out (so you should bring at least 3 additional outfits to change into to stay dry), and I had a rat that was about the size of my size 12 foot that wanted to befriend me and go home with me (he got left behind...).

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 13, 2011 6:59 pm

mindflipper wrote:The problem with IoA is that if you don't love getting soaked on water rides or riding roller coasters - well, there's not much there for you to do. My parents avoid it like the plague because there's nothing they want to do there. I've been to IoA and left with three lasting memories: many parts of the park was screaming "Paint Me!", you get so drenched you'll never dry out (so you should bring at least 3 additional outfits to change into to stay dry), and I had a rat that was about the size of my size 12 foot that wanted to befriend me and go home with me (he got left behind...).
Ewww, a real rat? Not a Rizzo rat like at the Muppets? Yikes!!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Wed 13, 2011 7:47 pm

He was real. Now if someone told you, "Don't look around, just stand up and move forward" - would you do as asked, or instead turn around and scream bloody murder?

Needless to say, the lady I gave those friendly instructions opted for the second option... :roll:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 13, 2011 7:58 pm

mindflipper wrote:He was real. Now if someone told you, "Don't look around, just stand up and move forward" - would you do as asked, or instead turn around and scream bloody murder?

Needless to say, the lady I gave those friendly instructions opted for the second option... :roll:
I think that is human nature...if you say "Don't look" you almost can't help but take a peek ;) That was nice of you to try though!

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jul Wed 13, 2011 8:11 pm

wierd..I just posted this, but it never showed up. Anyhow, Mouskedude, While I appreciate the offer I am borderline diabetic, so no drinks for me. lol I will just take a diet coke or h20.lol. I will try my hardest to get up there even if it is for a few hours!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Wed 13, 2011 8:19 pm

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:He was real. Now if someone told you, "Don't look around, just stand up and move forward" - would you do as asked, or instead turn around and scream bloody murder?

I think that is human nature...if you say "Don't look" you almost can't help but take a peek ;) That was nice of you to try though!
Oddly enough, for a feral rodent, it was very well behaved... :shock: :?

I bet she left that day with a less than favorable opinion of her day in IoA!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Thu 14, 2011 1:39 am

mindflipper wrote:
Mousekedude wrote:Yodiwan1, you gotta work on her, Dude! It would be soooooooo worthwhile to come and meet the rest of us! We're all definitely dying to meet you! Tell you what: if you can pull it off, I will personally buy you the first round of Jalapeno Margaritas at La Cava Del Tequila! How can you say no?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yodiwan1: As Mousekedude is buying everyone a Jalapeno Margarita, you can have mine. I'm not big into Margaritas. :wink:
If M-Dude follows through with a round of margaritas for all then he'll be privileged to be buying me my first drink... WOO!! Seeing as I'll be free from the no-drinking campus and all.