Disney World in 2012

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Disney World in 2012

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 18, 2011 7:41 pm

viking245 wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:At first I thought about just Disney but the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is up in the air.
Hint: ask for the single rider line (if they still have it). :D
My DW, 2 DS's saved at least a 45min to hour wait for the Forbidden Journey once we discovered this. In and out in just over 10 minutes. Granted you miss a lot things to see in the cue. But if you just want to ride, it's (or at least was July '10) the way to go.
That's good to know. I would love to experience that ride, but wouldn't have the patience to endure the line :shock:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Tue 18, 2011 9:59 pm

Well, her plans are to visit in 2012, so hopefully by then the novelty of the ride will have worn off and the ride line will be shorter by then.

masterj345
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by masterj345 » Jan Tue 18, 2011 10:52 pm

it would be cool if they would add fastpass to it

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 18, 2011 10:53 pm

masterj345 wrote:it would be cool if they would add fastpass to it
A single rider line is a good start. Plus Universal charges for their "fastpass" system don't they?

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Wed 19, 2011 12:04 am

Amy wrote:
A single rider line is a good start. Plus Universal charges for their "fastpass" system don't they?
Correct, US-Orlando does charge for it, and its called Express Pass. There's a limited number that is sold per day, so as they sell out the price increases on what's left. Also, you can only use the Express Pass ONCE per attraction. However, if you stay at one of the Universal Studio resorts, you can use the hotel key as an Express Pass, and they don't limit the hotel guests like the paid Express Pass.

BTW I wouldn't be surprised if the HP ride doesn't already have a EXPRESS PASS set-up already. As for single-riders line, I don't remember seeing those before at US-Orlando.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Wed 19, 2011 9:26 am

mindflipper wrote:
Amy wrote:
Correct, US-Orlando does charge for it, and its called Express Pass. There's a limited number that is sold per day, so as they sell out the price increases on what's left. Also, you can only use the Express Pass ONCE per attraction. However, if you stay at one of the Universal Studio resorts, you can use the hotel key as an Express Pass, and they don't limit the hotel guests like the paid Express Pass.
BTW I wouldn't be surprised if the HP ride doesn't already have a EXPRESS PASS set-up already. As for single-riders line, I don't remember seeing those before at US-Orlando.
So, if you were to ever decide to stay at US :? it would make a lot of sense to stay on property to get that perk! I hope Ms.Swann gets to check out a few things while she is on the Eastern seaboard :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Wed 19, 2011 10:46 am

Giving their resort guests that kind of advantage was done to specifically encourage more people to stay at the Universal resorts as opposed to elsewhere (such as I-Drive).

viking245
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by viking245 » Jan Wed 19, 2011 11:37 am

When we were there last July, I weighed the cost of staying off-site (hotel, car rental/taxi, tickets, express pass) vs on-site. I was more expensive to stay on-site but for us the convenience canceled the extra cost. Sorry, I wished I could remember what the cost diff was.

They did have the single rider for FJ (as well as quite a few other rides), and we were told (as I now recall) they were going to have an "express" line for FJ. When we were there, the HP area had only been open for less than a month. So they were still trying to figure it out.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Wed 19, 2011 12:00 pm

viking245 wrote:When we were there last July, I weighed the cost of staying off-site (hotel, car rental/taxi, tickets, express pass) vs on-site. I was more expensive to stay on-site but for us the convenience canceled the extra cost. Sorry, I wished I could remember what the cost diff was.

They did have the single rider for FJ (as well as quite a few other rides), and we were told (as I now recall) they were going to have an "express" line for FJ. When we were there, the HP area had only been open for less than a month. So they were still trying to figure it out.
I'm gathering they didn't build the multiple lines into the queue like Disney did with Mission: Space.

masterj345

Post by masterj345 » Jan Sun 23, 2011 4:15 am

from what ive read universal is having the same kind of problems with harry potter land, too many quenes spoils the atmosphere.

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Sun 23, 2011 4:40 am

I haven't heard much about it but there are some buildings around that kind of kill the atmosphere. As for me, I'd be too much of a nerd and being in complete awe the entire time.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sun 23, 2011 10:42 am

elizabethswann wrote:I haven't heard much about it but there are some buildings around that kind of kill the atmosphere. As for me, I'd be too much of a nerd and being in complete awe the entire time.
Being in the lost in the awe of wonder always makes the time at a park much better. :mickey:

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Sun 23, 2011 3:15 pm

mindflipper wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:I haven't heard much about it but there are some buildings around that kind of kill the atmosphere. As for me, I'd be too much of a nerd and being in complete awe the entire time.
Being in the lost in the awe of wonder always makes the time at a park much better. :mickey:
And believe me, I will be doing that once I make it onto the Disney World property.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 23, 2011 3:30 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
mindflipper wrote:
And believe me, I will be doing that once I make it onto the Disney World property.
Do you know how long you will be able to stay yet? WDW is a lot bigger than DL!!

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Sun 23, 2011 4:00 pm

Amy wrote:Do you know how long you will be able to stay yet? WDW is a lot bigger than DL!!
It's still up in the air but we're debating about staying about 8 days at the WDW parks and maybe going to Universal's IOA after that so maybe staying about ten days out in Florida. That's what I hope to do but we'll see in a few months.