I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Aug Mon 25, 2014 8:52 am

Amy wrote:
wewantsdaredhead wrote:One week from today, me and my 'Brother from another Mother' will be visiting DL!
It will be my first time!!!!!

Man, I can't wait! :D :D
That is so awesome that you guys are running at DL ~ you should have a great time at DL/DCA. I remember our first visit there, it was so neat to be walking where Walt actually walked and see everything that he personally had touched and designed and built. It was very cool!
I know it!! I'm getting chills just thinking about it. :)

cccmouse
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by cccmouse » Aug Mon 25, 2014 7:30 pm

Two weeks from today, Disney wife and I will arrive for our first ever stay at OKW. We are taking advantage of the discounted rates to stay in a 1 bedroom villa. Hopefully the crowds will be low since school will have just started.

acp
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Post by acp » Aug Tue 26, 2014 2:01 pm

Erm.. Whoops? :lol:

So, I guess.. 90 days, then :P
Subsonic Radio Admin and former Walt Disney World Cast Member

Subsonic Radio Player for Windows (Latest version: 1.8.5 - More info)

Disneyland Paris: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Walt Disney World: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019
Tokyo Disney Resort: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2016, 2017
Shanghai Disneyland: 2018

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Tue 26, 2014 7:07 pm

acp wrote:Erm.. Whoops? :lol:

Nice! I actually was just thinking about you today and the fact that I hadn't seen you around for a very long time ~ either here or on facebook ~ glad you are still alive and kicking...with a Disney vacation planned to boot! :D

acp
Location: Formerly Disney-MGM Studios, now Cheshire, England.

Post by acp » Aug Wed 27, 2014 2:32 am

Amy wrote:
acp wrote:Erm.. Whoops? :lol:

Nice! I actually was just thinking about you today and the fact that I hadn't seen you around for a very long time ~ either here or on facebook ~ glad you are still alive and kicking...with a Disney vacation planned to boot! :D
I'm still here. Just hiding in the background. I don't really use facebook for anything other than posting while on holiday. I do use Twitter a little more, though.

I should be able to live tweet/facebook post from DLP while I'm there in November, for what it's worth. My mobile network has introduced free roaming - including data - in some countries (of which four out of five Disney resorts are covered! (Only one that isn't is Japan)). I'm not sure what the mobile signal is like in DLP for data, but I'll find out :P

I really need to sort the photos from my last trip. I've edited exactly one of them so far. :?
Subsonic Radio Admin and former Walt Disney World Cast Member

Subsonic Radio Player for Windows (Latest version: 1.8.5 - More info)

Disneyland Paris: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Walt Disney World: 2006, 2010, 2011, 2015, 2019
Tokyo Disney Resort: 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
Hong Kong Disneyland: 2016, 2017
Shanghai Disneyland: 2018

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Wed 27, 2014 7:27 am

acp wrote:....I really need to sort the photos from my last trip. I've edited exactly one of them so far. :?
That is a nice photo! I've had the same problems with my last trip, I guess real life gets in the way of reliving the dream vacation :roll: :(
Hope the cell coverage in DLP is great ~ looking forward to some live updates in a few months :D

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Sep Thu 04, 2014 2:27 pm

Zomg. So... I am probably going to be working our national conference in Long Beach, CA, next July. And do you know what magical place is very near Long Beach?

So keep your fingers crossed and the pixie dust flying my way, the hubby and I are going to aim to go to Disneyland in July, 2015! Let's see, that makes it... 10 months, 3 weeks, 6 days, plus/minus depending on the dates, until we go! Hopefully!

That makes me :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :ccat: :goofy_bounce: !!!!!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Thu 04, 2014 3:34 pm

cy1229 wrote:Zomg. So... I am probably going to be working our national conference in Long Beach, CA, next July. And do you know what magical place is very near Long Beach?

So keep your fingers crossed and the pixie dust flying my way, the hubby and I are going to aim to go to Disneyland in July, 2015! Let's see, that makes it... 10 months, 3 weeks, 6 days, plus/minus depending on the dates, until we go! Hopefully!

That makes me :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :ccat: :goofy_bounce: :ccat: :goofy_bounce: !!!!!
Yay! That would be great, especially since you didn't make it there the last time you were in Cali. Fingers crossed for sure! :D

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Sep Fri 05, 2014 3:56 pm

cy1229 wrote:Zomg. So... I am probably going to be working our national conference in Long Beach, CA, next July. And do you know what magical place is very near Long Beach?

Oh wow!!! That would be awesome. Let's hope this all works out Cy. :)

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Sep Sat 06, 2014 5:32 am

Oh yes you have REALLY lost your pixie dust desire :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Sep Sat 06, 2014 11:18 am

So, the magic question is....would you be there on the 17th? THAT would be the day to be there (albeit INCREDIBLY crowded)!!!!!!!! (In all seriousness, if your trip is anywhere around the 17th, be prepared for larger than usual crowds.)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sat 06, 2014 1:05 pm

MmeLeota wrote:

So, the magic question is....would you be there on the 17th? THAT would be the day to be there (albeit INCREDIBLY crowded)!!!!!!!! (In all seriousness, if your trip is anywhere around the 17th, be prepared for larger than usual crowds.)
I have to ask ~ what is happening in DL on 7/17/15?

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Sep Sat 06, 2014 4:34 pm

Amy wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:

I have to ask ~ what is happening in DL on 7/17/15?
Yeah what Amy said.

We probably would be there later in the month. I don't have exact dates yet, but our national conference is typically the third week in July, so we'd be looking at the weekend after that.
Sleepy90 wrote:Oh yes you have REALLY lost your pixie dust desire :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, well... :) we are waffling on even this opportunity. My airfare would be taken care of, so it's just his, and hotel, and tickets and food. It's still expensive... And given college costs we might not go. But going to DLR is one of our "bucket list" items and a little different from spending a week at WDW. We'd be doing DLR as a long weekend kind of deal.

Just hoping we can swing it financially. Keeping ... everything ... crossed!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Sat 06, 2014 5:14 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Sleepy90 wrote:Oh yes you have REALLY lost your pixie dust desire :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, well... :) we are waffling on even this opportunity. My airfare would be taken care of, so it's just his, and hotel, and tickets and food. It's still expensive... And given college costs we might not go. But going to DLR is one of our "bucket list" items and a little different from spending a week at WDW. We'd be doing DLR as a long weekend kind of deal.
Just hoping we can swing it financially. Keeping ... everything ... crossed!
I actually thought the same as you cy1229 ~ different park and mentality entirely. Plus if it is on the bucket list! I sure hope it works out for you. Being this far out you can keep an eye on hotel prices and see what they go for. I wasn't thrilled that we were staying where we did when we went to Cali, but the drive wasn't bad at all, 30 minutes I think, and it was so fun ~ especially since we got to see the Nightmare Before Christmas of the Haunted Mansion, one of Figment's favorites! I'm just sad we didn't get to spend a little more time there ~ silly brother not being all into Disney as much as we are :roll: :lol:

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Sep Sat 06, 2014 7:29 pm

cy1229 wrote:
Amy wrote: I have to ask ~ what is happening in DL on 7/17/15?
Yeah what Amy said.
Not sure if this was in seriousness or not, I didn't know but got an idea and a quick google search confirmed it. Guess what day Disneyland opened? If you guessed July 17, *ding, ding, ding...we have a winner* :)

Turns out it was July 17, 1955 making 2015 a rather important anniversary. Happy 60th Disneyland!