I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by Amy » Jul Thu 11, 2013 8:48 pm

rusafee1183 wrote:...The thing that kills me is that we are DVC. We were stupid with our points from last year, and borrowed too many and then had to sell them. So I am waiting on closing on a new contract.
So, I have no points - airfare is too high... and yet I am still determined to make it happen! LOL
Oh, that sounds bad. Hope something works out for you though!!

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jul Fri 12, 2013 11:24 am

Amy wrote:
rusafee1183 wrote:...The thing that kills me is that we are DVC. We were stupid with our points from last year, and borrowed too many and then had to sell them. So I am waiting on closing on a new contract.
So, I have no points - airfare is too high... and yet I am still determined to make it happen! LOL
Oh, that sounds bad. Hope something works out for you though!!
Have you thought about point rental? I'm with TheBIGYowski on this one. Looks like an AMAZING deal. For example, when we (want to) go to WDW for the marathon weekend to (I'll walk) run the 5k, we're going to rent points to stay in OKW. Probably just about the same cost as staying in the Poly or Boardwalk, which are our next resorts to "try." but, since we're trying to keep this trip less expensive, we're going to do what's cost-effective rather than our heart's desire. :)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

La Maleficenta
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by La Maleficenta » Jul Tue 16, 2013 11:28 am

105 Days to go.

elfy18
Main Street Horse Car Coachman
Main Street Horse Car Coachman

Post by elfy18 » Jul Fri 19, 2013 7:37 am

4 months 1 week left to endure before getting back to WDW. Have yet to make reservations, but I'm hoping to spend one night in the theme park view at the Contemporary to see the fireworks.

Chuckus95
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide
Swiss Family Treehouse Guide

Post by Chuckus95 » Jul Fri 26, 2013 9:25 am

104 days until Nov. 7.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Fri 26, 2013 8:47 pm

Chuckus95 wrote:104 days until Nov. 7.
That sounds better in days than it does in months!

TurkeyLeg
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard
Sleeping Beauty Castle Guard

Post by TurkeyLeg » Jul Tue 30, 2013 9:34 am

:goofy_bounce: 91 More days till I see Mickey :mickey: and the Boo to you parade. :hm_ghost:

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Location: Los Osos, California (a.k.a. 2,714 miles from the Polynesian)

Post by JenMuse » Jul Wed 31, 2013 4:12 pm

No official dates, but I finally set up an on-going search with RCI to trade some of my Hilton Vacation Club points for a DVC reservation: check-in day sometime between Oct 3 & 19th, 2014...plan is to buy a premium passport (yep, the fancy gold one with admission to all US parks) and hit WDW at least thrice (6 days each trip) between Oct 2014 and Oct 2015, trading Hilton points for DVC so I don't have to rent a car in FL ever again!

I'll hopefully be able to work in at least 2 DL trips too since I can drive there.
  • 1980-93: Fort Wilderness
    1996: All-Stars Movie
    1999: rented a private home
    2008: Hilton Grand Vacation Club at International Drive (HGVC)
    2009: All-Stars Music & Pop Century
    2010: HGVC at I-Drive
    2011: Anaheim Hilton (DisneyLand)
    2012: HGVC at I-Drive & Caribbean Beach Resort
    2013: HGVC-Parc Soleil & Port Orleans Riverside AND Anaheim Hilton
    2015: Old Key West & Saratoga Springs

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 31, 2013 8:37 pm

JenMuse wrote:No official dates, but I finally set up an on-going search with RCI to trade some of my Hilton Vacation Club points for a DVC reservation: check-in day sometime between Oct 3 & 19th, 2014...plan is to buy a premium passport (yep, the fancy gold one with admission to all US parks) and hit WDW at least thrice (6 days each trip) between Oct 2014 and Oct 2015, trading Hilton points for DVC so I don't have to rent a car in FL ever again!

I'll hopefully be able to work in at least 2 DL trips too since I can drive there.
Wow! That sounds like an awesome plan :D I really want one of those golden tickets, but I am almost certain we won't be making it to WDW within a year of hitting DL this December, so I just can't justify it :(

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by JenMuse » Aug Thu 01, 2013 1:27 pm

Amy wrote:Wow! That sounds like an awesome plan :D I really want one of those golden tickets, but I am almost certain we won't be making it to WDW within a year of hitting DL this December, so I just can't justify it :(
It's a plan, shall see if it comes to fruition. Definitely want to spend my 40th birthday at WDW (January 2015), if I can swing 2 trips to WDW and at least 1 to DL resorts, the premium penciled out when I had to factor in parking costs for staying off site for both WDW trips.

$979 Premium Annual Pass

Versus

$713.50 WDW Two 7 day park hoppers (from Undercover Tourist)
$ 98.00 WDW Parking (7 days at $14)
$197.00 DL 2 day park hopper
$ 32.00 DL parking (2 days)
_______
$1,040.50

If I trade into DVC for at least 1 trip, it still works in my favor but I'll end up renting a car at least one trip...exchanging thru RCI for DVC points requires a full week stay which means only 2 trips to WDW. If I stay with Hilton, I can do 4 Sun-Fri stays in a studio (fly in Sunday night, hit the parks Mon-Sat, fly out Saturday early evening) and have 680 points left over to roll to 2016 or rent out to help pay my maintenance fees (680 points = a 1 bedroom suite for Fri-Sun)...assuming I can afford the rental car and airfare (may or may not use airline points for a 5 person trip to Hawaii in 2015, but if I don't then I can get at least 2 free round trips to Disney)....

And yes, I have a crazy spreadsheet that keeps track of all this.

If I can get to WDW third week of Oct 2014, third week of Jan 2015, then second week of Oct 2015, I'd get 3 trips out of 1 premium pass making any and all DL trips gravy.

Of course if my company ever implements the twice threatened forced vacation at Christmas (closing the office the week of Christmas), I won't have enough vacation time to go on 2 trips a year. :(

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Aug Thu 01, 2013 3:09 pm

JenMuse wrote:
Amy wrote:Wow! That sounds like an awesome plan :D I really want one of those golden tickets, but I am almost certain we won't be making it to WDW within a year of hitting DL this December, so I just can't justify it :(
It's a plan, shall see if it comes to fruition. Definitely want to spend my 40th birthday at WDW (January 2015), if I can swing 2 trips to WDW and at least 1 to DL resorts, the premium penciled out when I had to factor in parking costs for staying off site for both WDW trips.

$979 Premium Annual Pass

Versus

$713.50 WDW Two 7 day park hoppers (from Undercover Tourist)
$ 98.00 WDW Parking (7 days at $14)
$197.00 DL 2 day park hopper
$ 32.00 DL parking (2 days)
_______
$1,040.50

If I trade into DVC for at least 1 trip, it still works in my favor but I'll end up renting a car at least one trip...exchanging thru RCI for DVC points requires a full week stay which means only 2 trips to WDW. If I stay with Hilton, I can do 4 Sun-Fri stays in a studio (fly in Sunday night, hit the parks Mon-Sat, fly out Saturday early evening) and have 680 points left over to roll to 2016 or rent out to help pay my maintenance fees (680 points = a 1 bedroom suite for Fri-Sun)...assuming I can afford the rental car and airfare (may or may not use airline points for a 5 person trip to Hawaii in 2015, but if I don't then I can get at least 2 free round trips to Disney)....

And yes, I have a crazy spreadsheet that keeps track of all this.

If I can get to WDW third week of Oct 2014, third week of Jan 2015, then second week of Oct 2015, I'd get 3 trips out of 1 premium pass making any and all DL trips gravy.

Of course if my company ever implements the twice threatened forced vacation at Christmas (closing the office the week of Christmas), I won't have enough vacation time to go on 2 trips a year. :(
My mind thinks it's Dory.

Just keep swimming... just keep swimming... :D

I'm glad you're the "numbers" type and can crunch all of this. If I ever get to the point where I'm doing something along these lines I know whom to ask for help. :) JenMuse the Lifeguard, who keeps us from drowning in numbers. :)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 01, 2013 3:48 pm

Wow JenMuse ~ you have it all figured out! I didn't even look at the numbers, I just knew it wasn't financially feasible for the tickets and trips :( sigh....
JenMuse the Lifeguard ~ clever cy1229! :D
Will your company let you take an unpaid week over Christmas? Then you could keep your vacation time. I used to do that at the fire department. We could take an unpaid day off if we found someone willing to work for trade time. Or if it was something important, we could just take the day off without pay anyhow. I did that a few times. It really didn't change the amount of vacation, but they couldn't turn vacation time down ;)

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by JenMuse » Aug Thu 01, 2013 4:14 pm

I live and die by spreadsheets....

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Thu 01, 2013 5:29 pm

It's official...just hung up with Disney...we're going to celebrate my mom winning her fight against cancer! Christmas with the Mouse, my family and my mom is beating her cancer!

I have to say...this is the kindest reservation agent I have ever spoken to! Lourdes was fantastic! We booked the Boardwalk Club Level, there was only 1 room left! She called guest relations and told them we were celebrating a personal triumph, my mom beating cancer, she said the CM she spoke to was in remission herself and made it happen!!! Yahoo!!!!! :goofy_bounce:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Thu 01, 2013 6:04 pm

boilerbabe wrote:It's official...just hung up with Disney...we're going to celebrate my mom winning her fight against cancer! Christmas with the Mouse, my family and my mom is beating her cancer!

I have to say...this is the kindest reservation agent I have ever spoken to! Lourdes was fantastic! We booked the Boardwalk Club Level, there was only 1 room left! She called guest relations and told them we were celebrating a personal triumph, my mom beating cancer, she said the CM she spoke to was in remission herself and made it happen!!! Yahoo!!!!! :goofy_bounce:
That is great news ~ so glad you are going to be able to make this trip happen. Club level at the Boardwalk should be fantastic :goofy_bounce: plus you should definitely be in on the Magic Band+ testing!