I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by Amy » Nov Mon 26, 2012 10:21 pm

elizabethswann wrote:
Amy wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:My new mission (though some of you Subsonicers saw sometime last week) is that I'm going to attempt to make a trip out to Disney's Aulani resort in Hawaii. I was born in Hawaii and lived there until I was a year and a half old before making the permanent move to California so this is a trip I've been wanting to make for years. It will be and my best friend that went with me to Disney World earlier in the year so we HOPE to go sometime next May after our spring semester at school. I need to learn to drive too so I can drive around the island...
Nice! Will you be able to stay at Aulani or simply visit?
Hopefully staying at Aulani!
Wow! That will be awesome!!

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Nov Wed 28, 2012 1:38 am

Semi related: When my family and I stayed at AKL back in February, we were given a limited edition Aulani resort print. It's not actually of the resort itself, it's probably some local hawaiian artist.
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host
Location: Los Osos, California (a.k.a. 2,714 miles from the Polynesian)

Post by JenMuse » Nov Wed 28, 2012 7:38 pm

55 days until I turn another year older in WDW! Birthday dinner at Jiko already booked.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 28, 2012 8:12 pm

JenMuse wrote:55 days until I turn another year older in WDW! Birthday dinner at Jiko already booked.
That's very cool that you will be spending your birthday at WDW :D Do you always have your birthday dinner at Jiko, or do you sample different restaurants?

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Nov Wed 28, 2012 10:39 pm

Welcome to this wonderful site JenMuse and happy early birthday!

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by JenMuse » Nov Thu 29, 2012 1:56 pm

Amy wrote: That's very cool that you will be spending your birthday at WDW :D Do you always have your birthday dinner at Jiko, or do you sample different restaurants?
I do different restaurants. For 2012, it was Morocco. 2010 was Cinderella's Castle. 2008 was Garden Grille I think. As a kid though it was usually dinner at the campsite with a special cake from the Main Street bakery delivered by Chip and Dale (uhm, yeah, I was really spoiled as a kid--every birthday from age 4-13 was in WDW & since the parks were ya know empty I got LOTS of special attention on my birthday - one year I got to waltz around the carousel with Prince John from Robin Hood).

This will be my first visit to Jiko. Usually I'm with my family (parents and siblings) who are not very adventurous eaters. It was like pulling teeth to get them to eat in Morocco. But this trip I'll be alone and can DO WHAT I WANT! One of the many reasons I'm more excited about this trip than usual.
  • 1980-93: Fort Wilderness
    1996: All-Stars Movie
    1999: rented a private home
    2008: Hilton Grand Vacation Club at International Drive (HGVC)
    2009: All-Stars Music & Pop Century
    2010: HGVC at I-Drive
    2011: Anaheim Hilton (DisneyLand)
    2012: HGVC at I-Drive & Caribbean Beach Resort
    2013: HGVC-Parc Soleil & Port Orleans Riverside AND Anaheim Hilton
    2015: Old Key West & Saratoga Springs

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by JenMuse » Nov Thu 29, 2012 2:01 pm

NaCler wrote:Welcome to this wonderful site JenMuse and happy early birthday!
Why thank you ever so much. I'm quite enjoying the threads. So many to read through.

:donald:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 29, 2012 2:30 pm

JenMuse wrote:
Amy wrote: That's very cool that you will be spending your birthday at WDW :D Do you always have your birthday dinner at Jiko, or do you sample different restaurants?
I do different restaurants. For 2012, it was Morocco. 2010 was Cinderella's Castle. 2008 was Garden Grille I think. As a kid though it was usually dinner at the campsite with a special cake from the Main Street bakery delivered by Chip and Dale (uhm, yeah, I was really spoiled as a kid--every birthday from age 4-13 was in WDW & since the parks were ya know empty I got LOTS of special attention on my birthday - one year I got to waltz around the carousel with Prince John from Robin Hood).

This will be my first visit to Jiko. Usually I'm with my family (parents and siblings) who are not very adventurous eaters. It was like pulling teeth to get them to eat in Morocco. But this trip I'll be alone and can DO WHAT I WANT! One of the many reasons I'm more excited about this trip than usual.
Wow ~ you've sampled a lot of different restaurants. That's really nice!
Spoiled or really lucky?? :mrgreen: I hope you have some pictures of those special times when you were growing up.
We're not very adventurous eaters either. My Mom, F1gment here on the forum, was not thrilled to eat at Morocco but we did try the counter service the last time we went. We got the big platter and shared. Luckily she ended up liking what I did not and vice versa so it worked out pretty well ~ she ended up eating more than I did :lol:

JenMuse
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by JenMuse » Nov Thu 29, 2012 3:31 pm

Amy wrote: Wow ~ you've sampled a lot of different restaurants. That's really nice!
Spoiled or really lucky?? :mrgreen: I hope you have some pictures of those special times when you were growing up.
We're not very adventurous eaters either. My Mom, F1gment here on the forum, was not thrilled to eat at Morocco but we did try the counter service the last time we went. We got the big platter and shared. Luckily she ended up liking what I did not and vice versa so it worked out pretty well ~ she ended up eating more than I did :lol:
Oh, my dad was a professional photographer for a few years before we kids came along and he felt that inevitable pressure to get a more steady income. But yeah, he would go nuts on Disney trips, shooting rolls and rolls of film. Recently he's been on a digitizing kick. He's scanning the boxes of negatives he's saved all these years which he then can process digitally. Most recent is my sis and I (I'm the blonde) circa 1981 or 82 (we can't decide) in Fantasyland:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jenmuse/8230897320/

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Nov Thu 29, 2012 5:37 pm

JenMuse wrote:
Amy wrote: Wow ~ you've sampled a lot of different restaurants. That's really nice!
Oh, my dad was a professional photographer for a few years before we kids came along and he felt that inevitable pressure to get a more steady income. But yeah, he would go nuts on Disney trips, shooting rolls and rolls of film. Recently he's been on a digitizing kick. He's scanning the boxes of negatives he's saved all these years which he then can process digitally. Most recent is my sis and I (I'm the blonde) circa 1981 or 82 (we can't decide) in Fantasyland:

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one on a digitizing kick!! My dad got me a great scanner last year that does negatives and slides. Then he brought me all the old family slides.

I think he had an ulterior motive in buying me the scanner. :lol:
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Thu 29, 2012 7:30 pm

JenMuse wrote:Oh, my dad was a professional photographer for a few years before we kids came along and he felt that inevitable pressure to get a more steady income. But yeah, he would go nuts on Disney trips, shooting rolls and rolls of film. Recently he's been on a digitizing kick. He's scanning the boxes of negatives he's saved all these years which he then can process digitally. Most recent is my sis and I (I'm the blonde) circa 1981 or 82 (we can't decide) in Fantasyland:

Such a cute photo!!
Hmmm, digitizing negatives. Sounds like a project for the not too distant future :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Thu 29, 2012 10:56 pm

Amy wrote:
JenMuse wrote:Oh, my dad was a professional photographer for a few years before we kids came along and he felt that inevitable pressure to get a more steady income. But yeah, he would go nuts on Disney trips, shooting rolls and rolls of film. Recently he's been on a digitizing kick. He's scanning the boxes of negatives he's saved all these years which he then can process digitally. Most recent is my sis and I (I'm the blonde) circa 1981 or 82 (we can't decide) in Fantasyland:

Such a cute photo!!
Hmmm, digitizing negatives. Sounds like a project for the not too distant future :D
You can also take negatives to some Walmart, Walgreens and Target and they will scan them onto a CD. You may want to look into that option if you don't have the time to do it yourself...

GeoffS
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln Usher

Post by GeoffS » Nov Fri 30, 2012 10:03 pm

Some of the newer home scanners come bundled with software to convert negatives to digital photos. I'm sure there's professional software out there that does the same.

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Dec Sat 01, 2012 7:16 pm

GeoffS wrote:Some of the newer home scanners come bundled with software to convert negatives to digital photos. I'm sure there's professional software out there that does the same.
The scanner has to have a backlight in it. My scanner has a light in the lid for scanning negatives and slides. Amy if you lived nearby I'd be glad to have you come over and use it!
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sat 01, 2012 9:50 pm

cy1229 wrote:
GeoffS wrote:Some of the newer home scanners come bundled with software to convert negatives to digital photos. I'm sure there's professional software out there that does the same.
The scanner has to have a backlight in it. My scanner has a light in the lid for scanning negatives and slides. Amy if you lived nearby I'd be glad to have you come over and use it!
Is that what you have been using to scan your old family photos? It works really well!
Someday...I don't really have the time to work on something like that at the moment. But it is something to keep in mind for the future :D