Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Re: Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Post by Mouseoholic » Jul Tue 12, 2011 9:16 pm

Amy wrote:Oh, a fireworks boat tour! That would be awesome :D I am in the process of applying for the Month at the Museum 2, so a little of what happens the rest of the year depends on if I manage to score that sweet opportunity. If there is any chance we can make it to the MMMII, then we would definitely be in for the boat ~ well I would at least. F1gment seems to not have the best of luck with boats, at least on the lakes around here...but that is a story for another time ;)
I really hope it works out. We had such a wonderful time with you and your mom. She is so sweet!

Now about that boat story......
Mouseoholic!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Tue 12, 2011 9:51 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Mouseoholic wrote: MmeLeota, I would so much prefer you in person than the cardboard :figment:
Wait! MmeLeota was cardboard?!? :shock: No wonder she didn't respond to any of my questions... :wink: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: laughing too hard to come up with a witty answer to that one....

Mouseoholic, I think an Illuminations cruise sounds fabulous! We've never done anything like that before...as soon as I know for sure that we'll be going, I'll let you know. (looking at possibly Jan. 4-11)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Tue 12, 2011 10:09 pm

Illuminations boat tour deal doesn't sound too bad to me...

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Tue 12, 2011 10:09 pm

I agree on the IllumiNations cruise, what a fab idea! I've always wanted to take one of those... never have, of course.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Tue 12, 2011 10:13 pm

Soarin08: Jinx!!!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Wed 13, 2011 12:21 am

mindflipper wrote:Soarin08: Jinx!!!
Hmm???

Okay definitely counting myself in to meet up... I've been sitting here calculating what I need to get my AA degree from here and... I've got MORE than enough. So much I could have graduated NEXT WEEK had I known. Oh well! I'll just use this time to get my GPA up to that 3.5 like I'm aiming for... then it's on to UCF for winter 2012. January. So yes. Sorry for that ramble but I thought you guys might at least be semi-interested.

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Jul Wed 13, 2011 6:17 am

Soarin08 wrote:
Hmm???

Okay definitely counting myself in to meet up... I've been sitting here calculating what I need to get my AA degree from here and... I've got MORE than enough. So much I could have graduated NEXT WEEK had I known. Oh well! I'll just use this time to get my GPA up to that 3.5 like I'm aiming for... then it's on to UCF for winter 2012. January. So yes. Sorry for that ramble but I thought you guys might at least be semi-interested.
Congrats! I hope it works out for you. We really did enjoy meeting one another last year.

Last year we had just enough activity to enjoy getting to know one another but it was spread out so as to not interrupt everyone’s regular touring plans with other friends and family.
I started work last night on my personal agenda. I review all of the main websites such as TGM and Touring Plans to make sure that I go to the right park on the right day when there are less crowds. Although the 180 ADR window has opened, Disney has not officially published the park ours for all of January. I really hate it when they jack with the hours at the last minute. Ugggg :cry: But I know it is going to happen. Anyway, as soon as the official hours are posted, I will begin my planning.

BTW are you guys aware that Fantasmic! will be down for a refurb starting around the 5th? GM website. Although it has not been officially announced, TGM is usually in the know and has the insider scoop. I believe the exact dates are the 5th - 26th. If you are going, be sure to get in to see if before the 5th.

Mouseoholic!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 13, 2011 6:59 am

Soarin08 wrote:
Hmm???

You and mindflipper posted about the same thing at the same time...so that is a jinx ~ sometimes followed by buy me a coke. Never understood it myself but that is what people say :D
Doesn't your college keep you informed as to where you are in your credits? Or are they normally a 4 year degree program and you are on your own as far as figuring out when you have enough for an AA degree?

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Wed 13, 2011 8:47 am

Amy wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:
Hmm???
You and mindflipper posted about the same thing at the same time...so that is a jinx ~ sometimes followed by buy me a coke. Never understood it myself but that is what people say :D
Correct, Amy! The one I never understood was punching someone in the arm whenever you saw a VW Beetle...

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Wed 13, 2011 11:57 am

Ah yes! Good ol' slug bug... :lol: I was never good at that game... :? (had the bruises to prove it...) :roll:

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Jul Wed 13, 2011 12:05 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Ah yes! Good ol' slug bug... :lol: I was never good at that game... :? (had the bruises to prove it...) :roll:
Well Mouskedude and I both understand and play that game very well! We just leave out the slug part. =) We even say "Slam Van" when we see a VB Bus. :lol: No slamming of course.

If no one wants the coke, I will take it :roll:

Mouseoholic!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Wed 13, 2011 12:09 pm

Mouseoholic wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:Ah yes! Good ol' slug bug... :lol: I was never good at that game... :? (had the bruises to prove it...) :roll:
Well Mouskedude and I both understand and play that game very well! We just leave out the slug part. =) We even say "Slam Van" when we see a VB Bus. :lol: No slamming of course.

If no one wants the coke, I will take it :roll:

Mouseoholic!
We like to play a license plate game since it's easier to play while he's driving. :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 13, 2011 12:50 pm

mindflipper wrote:Correct, Amy! The one I never understood was punching someone in the arm whenever you saw a VW Beetle...
I don't get that game either. I understand the concept, but not the slugging part :shock:
We never played it growing up, but the first time I visited my brother and his family in California I found myself getting slugged several times by their whole family :shock: Not an enjoyable car trip :(
I like the mousekecouple's idea better - and I'll share the coke ;)

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Wed 13, 2011 12:59 pm

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Correct, Amy! The one I never understood was punching someone in the arm whenever you saw a VW Beetle...
I don't get that game either. I understand the concept, but not the slugging part :shock:
We never played it growing up, but the first time I visited my brother and his family in California I found myself getting slugged several times by their whole family :shock: Not an enjoyable car trip :(
I like the mousekecouple's idea better - and I'll share the coke ;)
"I'd like to buy the world a coke and keep it company..." :mrgreen:
(if you know where that's from, you're old... ;) myself included)

Also, thanks Mouseoholic for pointing out that Fantasmic! will be closed in January. Even though I don't care for the WDW version, it has been nearly 13 years since I've seen it.

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jul Wed 13, 2011 1:48 pm

awe..thanks everyone who said to just drive up and back in the same day. I actually have friends that live close and could sleep there, but it's the tickets that would be hard to afford. I could never convince my wife to spend 90 for one day!!! lol
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"