The Double Boilers Return Home

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: The Double Boilers Return Home

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Sun 23, 2011 7:32 pm

I had to look back at my posts to see if I called "B-dude" "M-dude" again!!! :oops: I would like to have them both on hand when I select an outfit for Duffy!!! :mrgreen:

I'm hoping to get a start on my report tomorrow, hopefully Day 1 before I leave for work!!!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Mon 24, 2011 10:11 am

O.k. here goes...I don't know that my report will be as entertaining as M-dude's play by play...but I will try! :D Some of it will be a repeat of itself I realize, so I hope it's o.k.!?

Day 1:
We arrived nice and early at Midway! We always get Starbucks and wander through the Life is Good store and buy nothing (that's our airport ritual). The flight was uneventful and full of unrulely children, mabye that was a sign of things to come with the bus "incident"?! But, I think some Pixie Dust was sprinkled upon us b/c when we arrived at the Orlando airport and literally walked onto the ME and within moments the bus pulled away and we headed to our resort!!! YAHOO! :goofy_bounce: We checked in at the Boardwalk, we had a standard studio. This was our first time staying in the Villas. We were fully prepared for a parking lot view and somehow ended up with a pool view!!! We couldn't believe our luck so far!!! And although we were really happy with our view, we were by the main pool area, which is extremely noisy, so the quiet pool would've been ideal. I would still take our room again in a heart beat over the parking lot! I know M-dude already posted pics. of our view. So I will try to avoid duplicate pictures, or if there are duplicates it will be from my camera and not my phone pics.

Upon our arrival the room was not ready not, which we fully expected. We freshened up a bit in the washroom, left our carry ons with bell services and headed right over to DHS! After entering the park and taking a moment to breathe it in (it still hadn't sunk in we were actually "home") we went straight to my beloved ToT! It was a walk on! Then we got FP's for Rock n Roller Coaster and decided to see if there was a wait for Star Tours, we were anxious to see how the refurb was! There was a short wait so we decided to give it a try and we really liked it! The queue isn't much different, but the new 3D film is pretty awesome. I love how each ride is different now, even if it's the same destination, the outcome is still a little different. I think Disney did a great job here. We were hungry at this point so went to Pizza Planet! B-dude and I love PP! It was very tasty. I was a little disappointed b/c I had wanted to eat outside but it was extremely warm! As M-dude mentioned, I hate humidity! I was hoping for slightly cooler weather, but I wasn't going to complain b/c it wasn't raining! After refueling, we slowly made our way to RnR, and it was the first time EVER I was able to keep my eyes open when the ride takes off! LOL. Wow, what a difference! While we were on RnR I got a call saying that our room was ready! We were impressed since we had such a bad expereience on our last trip with rooms being ready. It was only 1:30! So, we decided to head back to BW and check in.

We always request top floor for our rooms, we don't like to take our chance of possibly having noisy neighbors above us, plus the views are usually better up top! We loved our view of the ToT and Earful tower! It was wonderful to have breakfast each morning out there. We loved having the kitchenette. We brought some things from home so we could have a quick breakfast in the room, saved us some money! After checking in and getting settled in, we took a quick nap (we had been up since dark thirty in the a.m.) freshened up again and decided to hit the Food and Wine Fest! Gotta love that 5 min. walk to the International Gateway! Still really warm out! But the sky was amazing that night!!

We made around the WS and decided to get a bunch of different things that sounded good to us and share so we could try more! We started off in France with the chicken, it was amazing! We also had some champagne to toast our Anniversary. We had sea scallops, Sushi, ravioli and shrimp! We really enjoyed everything except the shrimp which was from Australia, we were a bit disappointed in it's lack of taste. But, overall everything was delicious!

We headed over to FW and walked right onto SSE! We then headed over to the Seas, we wanted to check out the tank and see if we could find a CM to ask what was really going on?! We noticed the tank was dark and alot of fish were missing. Including the turltles, sting rays and spotted rays. It was getting late, so there were no CM's that actually work with the animals to ask. We would check back another time.

We got a drink at Club Cool (no Beverly) and we were able to get on Soarin! And after that we had to ride The Land! We like to ride it at night and during the day! After that, we were pretty pooped, so we headed home. What an aswesome first day!!!

I got this shot while were going around WS

Mexico at night:

I probably will not get to day 2 until tomorrow, I have to work today. I hope you enjoy! :D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 24, 2011 10:35 am

Wow ~ that night sky looks amazing!
I hope we have the same luck with Magic Express this time around. We waited for more than an hour to get on the bus last time around. I think we ended up being on the third bus that went out after we arrived in line. That is one place where staying at a deluxe resort might be worth it! It is so nice being able to leave your luggage with bell services and head out directly to the park when your room isn't ready.
Too bad about the tanks at the Seas not being ready for diving yet. It's good to know the animals are kept off stage in a safe area while they are working on the problem though.
Great start so far ~ anxiously awaiting day two...I wouldn't worry about duplicate photos, I'm sure there are more Dory's on here like me ;) :lol:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Mon 24, 2011 11:54 am

boilerbabe wrote:Howdy Sub family! I'm baaaack! Missed everyone! A HUGE thank you to M-dude for doing our "real time" trip report! That was so awesome, u rock! Drinks at La Cava in Jan! 8-)
...but I don't know if I can compete with B-dude's report?! Seriously, he did an awesome job! I did keep a journal on this trip, so I can elaborate a little more, I think?! If nothing else, post more pics!!!...
Thank you, thank you... (bowing humbly..), it was my honor and privilege. And I will definitely allow you to experience the joy of giving... drinks... to me in January! :D
Your Day 1 report is awesome, so don't worry about "competing." I know you will have a ton more details and pics. :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 24, 2011 12:37 pm

Mousekedude wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:Howdy Sub family! I'm baaaack! Missed everyone! A HUGE thank you to M-dude for doing our "real time" trip report! That was so awesome, u rock! Drinks at La Cava in Jan! 8-)
...but I don't know if I can compete with B-dude's report?! Seriously, he did an awesome job! I did keep a journal on this trip, so I can elaborate a little more, I think?! If nothing else, post more pics!!!...
Thank you, thank you... (bowing humbly..), it was my honor and privilege. And I will definitely allow you to experience the joy of giving... drinks... to me in January! :D
Your Day 1 report is awesome, so don't worry about "competing." I know you will have a ton more details and pics. :wink:
Just be prepared, b-babe might be texting you with questions ~ what did we do on Day 3 again?! ;) :lol:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Mon 24, 2011 1:10 pm

Welcome back Boilers!!! :figment:

I too would like to echo the sentimients to M-dude...wonderful "live" reporting! :D

Looking forward to hearing more details...and seeing more pics...of your trip B-babe!
boilerbabe wrote:We actually did not purchase the bear not to be named...I think that will happen in Jan. though!!!
Hmmmm....I'm forseeing a possible group venture (and matching pic of course).... :twisted: :roll:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 24, 2011 5:09 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:We actually did not purchase the bear not to be named...I think that will happen in Jan. though!!!
Hmmmm....I'm forseeing a possible group venture (and matching pic of course).... :twisted: :roll:
Awww, that would be so sweet...all the mayhem marauders holding their cute little teddy bears with matching outfits :twisted:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Mon 24, 2011 11:21 pm

Thanks Mmeleota! :D I'm so glad to hear that C'bog is home! Still sending more prayers and Pixie Dust your way!

I figured I would get day 2 in before I hit the sack tonight!!!

Day 2:
We started out with breakfast on our balcony! The view from our room never got old!

Our plan was to start our day off with DHS and we made it there for the park opening. We headed straight to TSM but the line was already insane, including the line for the FP! It stretched all the way back to One Man's Dream! Are you kidding me?! So we said forget it and made our way to the Backlot Tour. This was the first time we ever saw anyone behind the scenes and actually working! We thought of M-dude when we saw the guys working in the wood shop.

After we walked off of Backlot we saw that in 10 mins. Mike and Sully were going to be making an appearance, so we decided to wait for that.

After that, I tried on some of the Halloween wear

We then headed to ToT and got a FP for that and then decided to wander through "One Man's Dream". No matter how many times we walk through this, I always get choked up!

We wandered through some of the shops on Sunset Blvd. and then decided to park ourselves on a bench and just people watch! We told ourselves on this vacation, we were going to chill out and take it all in, try things we've never done before. We really enjoyed ourselves! It was time for our FP and rode ToT.

Then it was time for our ADR at Prime Time. We were really disappointed with the food this time, we hadn't dined there in a few years since we always do Sci-Fi. We still enjoyed ourselves but think we'll go back to Sci-Fi in Jan.

We went to Animation Courtyard after we ate and decided to draw! We drew Dopey and that is a first! We love doing this, it's a nice keepsake. B-dude would not let me photograph his drawing, LOL. Usually left handers are artistic, not sure what happened to B-dude here?! :wink:

We went back to ToT after this, rode again. Now the park was getting crowded and the sun came out and it was getting hot!!! Which as M-dude mentioned, I really don't like! We headed back to the BW for a break. This trip was about relaxing and doing things we usually don't do, which is take a break and cat nap!

After our nap, we headed to Epcot. We had a glass of wine in Canada and leisurely walked to FW. Through Mouse Gear and Innoventions. We created a roller coaster on Sum of all Thrills, but I ended riding solo, B-dude freaked. It was fun and he said he may give it another shot in Jan. We basically walked around FW, the evening was gorgeous! And we loved not bothering to look at the time and just doing whatever we felt like doing.

Epcot bunny:
SSE:

We headed back to WS and went into La Cava, we had to have some Margaritas in honor of M-dude! We really enjoyed ourselves, B-dude ordered the Jalapeno Rita and does not remember it being that spicey. It was really entertaining watching him try to drink that one down! We also shared some chips and quac. which were amazing. Then B-dude decided it would be cool to stuff a La Cava menu in my purse as a gift for M-dude!!! Thank you so much, in MY purse! We are not cleptos (spelling) so forgive us Disney, I do not want to be banned from Epcot!
We hurried and went on the Grand Fiesta boat ride (walk on) then found a spot for Illuminations.

After Illuminations, you can't beat the 5 min. walk back to your room! We walked through the YC on our way home. It was a wonderful first full day!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 25, 2011 6:39 am

The view you had from your hotel room really was pretty spectacular! The water slide looks like fun :D
I was pretty excited when I saw people working in the behind the scenes shops too. It seems to be rare that anyone is back there anymore. I can see why you thought of M-dude for the people working in the wood shop ~ it's rare that he works at his projects too! (just kidding, I had to!!)
One Man's Dream is definitely on my list of things to see this trip around. I only sped through it looking for a lost F1gment last time and kicked myself once I got home since it looks like a really nice exhibit.
Bummer about the Prime Time cafe ~ we were considering it since Len and his family have such a good time there. We might try for a walk-up ressie, but it really isn't my sort of food. F1gment would love the "home" cooking though I bet.
Nice Dopey ~ maybe b-dude didn't want his picture taken so as to not ruin the illusion of there only being one dopey ;) :lol: (just kidding, I had to do it!)
Maybe you and b-dude need to make separate roller coasters next time. I know M-dude mentioned b-dude's claustrophobia kicking in, but maybe he just was afraid of all the twists and loops and turns :shock:
Ahahaha ~ best free souvenier ~ La Cava menu and it wasn't even for you guys :lol: Why Disney security, I have no idea how that menu got in my purse :shock: :lol:
Beautiful shot from Illuminations ~ I love it when it looks like the lagoon is on fire!
Sounds like a nice relaxing day. Maybe one of these days I will have to try one of those ~ totally against my nature, so I'll have to work at it. I might have to have a relaxing day, or two, or three :shock: if the Thanksgiving crowds are too bad :(
Looking forward to day 3!!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Tue 25, 2011 10:23 am

Thanks Amy! The slide was lotsa fun, but not as good as the Jib Slide over at the YC, but we still enjoyed ourselves. I would recommend taking the time to wander through "One Man's Dream" we just love it. It's nicely done. And you should also take a few days to slow down, and enjoy all of the details Disney has to offer! We usually are on the go but made ourselves slow down this time, we thought it was well worth it!!!

O.k. on to Day 3 before my run...
This was the morning I had planned on going for a run. Since I'm training for the 1/2 in Jan. I don't have time to be slacking off right now. B-dude was going to hit "Muscles and Bustles" and then see if he could find me to finish up my run. B-dude runs, but not long distance. 5K is about his limit. It was going to be a sunny day but no where near as humid as the past two. Which made me very happy b/c humidity is my cryptonite while running. I always LOVE running in Disney, you can't beat the scenery and I love the sounds! When I run the BW, I generally like to head towards DHS first make a turnaround head back, loop around the BW, over that bridge, go past the Swan/Dolphin then turn right onto that street and then just keep going. This time I turned around at the stoplight by YC entrance came back, took the path past the Swan back towards DHS, over the overpass back towards BW, then looped again. When I was coming around for the second loop of the BW, perfect timing, there was B-dude!!! I ended running for 61:00 and felt awesome. This made me happy b/c my goal for Jan. is to run pain free. I have a chronic leg issue, that for the time being is not giving me problems. After our run, we stopped at the general store for some Vit. Water/Powerade and walked another loop. It was so gorgeous out! We met a fellow runner, from NY and struck up a converastion. It was funny b/c we ran into him several more times on our trip, LOL, what are the odds?! After our running adventure, we went back to our room, had breakfast on our balcony and we had adopted a new little friend, a little birdie that would visit us every a.m. and wanted some breakfast, he apparently liked English Muffins.
B-dude enjoying his coffee after an a.m. workout:

This was our relax morning, so after breakfast we headed down to the pool. We sunned ourselves for a bit then it was time for the slide! The water was cool and refreshing and we floated around afterwards. We had a corn dog for lunch from the cart out on the BW, that was the best corn dog I've ever had in my life!!! Which is why I wanted another one the day we were leaving and was bummed when the cart was not open yet. After enjoying the main pool for a bit, we headed over to the quiet pool. Floated around in there for a bit, then headed back up to the room. Decided to take a little nap, then we got ready to head over to MK, they were open until midnight on this night.

I love when MK is decorated for Halloween!
This was the first time we've seen the new slogan "Let the Memories Begin". We stopped for a picture on Main St. USA
Then headed immdediately for a DOLE WHIP!!!! There was a long line, I was disappointed to see how crowded the park was. I expected crowds at Epcot b/c of the Food and Wine Fest but not in the other parks. But, the DW was to die for, pure heaven!!!
I was sad to see the treehouse closed, I couldn't really see what was going on, they have it well blocked off. I will just have to wait until Jan. We got onto Pirates with a short wait, we got FP for BTM, we went on the Tea Cups with a short wait of which B-dude spun our cup so fast, I did not feel so good when we were done.
Next we headed to HM and I have to say, I really like what Disney did here! The only thing I don't understand is why the line splits off into two directions, the interactive side which is a longer wait, and the side that just takes you staright to the HM. We wanted to see the new queue, but what if you have a bunch of people that don't want to?! How do you make them split sides?! I dunno, anyway, here a few pics. from the new queue.
This guy spits water, it's clever:
We also liked how they've updated the hitch hiking ghosts at the end! Well done! We headed to Tomorrowland, and saw the Fantasyland expansion. You can see the "Big Top" where Dumbo will be moving to. Looks like they're moving along on this. Once in Tomorrowland, we went on CoP, one of most fav. classic attractions. We were sad to see they no longer put the year on the CoP sign, does anyone know why?! Then we hopped on the TTA, love the views from this attraction. We got FP for SM. We were getting hungry so we headed to Frontierland to try Pecos Bills out. We really liked the food! I had the grilled chicken wrap and B-dude did himself proud with the taco salad. We will be taking my dad here in Jan. b/c he is a burger nut and will love all of the toppings! We found a spot for Wishes on Main St. No matter how many times I see Wishes, I get choked up, especially being on Main St. Afterward, we made our way through the crowd and went on BTM then FP for SM. We were pooped at this point, it was around 11:00, so we decided to head back to the resort. This is when "IT" happened, please go back and see M-dude's report on the event of the ride back that evening. I choose not to relive it here! We made it back to the resort after a very long ride, and sat out on our balcony for a bit before turning in. Another great day!

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Tue 25, 2011 11:12 am

Nice reporting so far, B-babe! I knew yours would be so much better than mine since you have all the details and "real" pics! I love that shot of B-dude on the teacups. Reminds me of that scene from Space Cowboys where Clint Eastwood and Tommy Lee Jones bet each other as to who would pass out first on the centrifuge. :wink: 8-) :lol:
Amy wrote:...I can see why you thought of M-dude for the people working in the wood shop ~ it's rare that he works at his projects too! (just kidding, I had to!!)
Heeeeeyyyy....!!!!!! :evil: :wink:
Amy wrote:Ahahaha ~ best free souvenier ~ La Cava menu and it wasn't even for you guys :lol: Why Disney security, I have no idea how that menu got in my purse :shock: :lol:
As Mickey is my witness, I had nothing to do with that! It was all B-dude's idea, and I didn't encourage him in any way... not even when he texted me that he was doing it and I asked him if it was one of the real leather-bound ones.... :shock: :wink: :twisted: :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 25, 2011 11:55 am

Love, love, love the pic of b-dude on the teacups ~ that is pure mayhem captured on film (well, digital anyhow)!
Sounds like a relaxing day. I think that would kill me to not get to the parks until afternoon though :shock:
More, more, more!!!

Sooooo....is the menu a fancy one?!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Tue 25, 2011 12:39 pm

Yes, the menu is one of the fancy ones and on it's way to M-dude as I type this....

O.k. just finished my run 4 1/2, short run b/c I have to head into work, we also have 30MPH winds today. But, I want to get my trip report complete as I will be away from my computer for a few days after tomorrow...don't won't to leave anyone in suspense! :wink:

Day 4:
Today was Sweetest Day, yes, I know some like to call it a "Hallmark" holiday, but B-dude and I are eachother's "Sweetest" so we always celebrate. We were also celebrating our upcoming 5th Anniversary on this trip as well. We had breakfast on our balcony, fed our birdie friend and we were at DHS for open. Got FP's for RnR (we had given up on TSM for this trip) then of course had to go on ToT. We wandered around and walked into Muppet Vision, we love this attraction, always makes us laugh! Then Star Tours was a walk-on, we got an entirely different destination this time, loved it! After that we were feeling lazy and decided to grab a bench on the Streets of American with a pretzel, and we just people watched for while. It was gorgeous out, very low humidity, my kinda day! The park was crowded, I think everyone was taking advantage of the day. We made our way towards the center of the park and got our pic. with Goofy and Pluto! Goofy was really interacting with us and was too cute!

After our photo opp. we made our way back over to RnR, we had each had 2 FP's, only to find it was not in operation and they had no idea when it would be back up and running again. BUMMER! We made our way back towards Star Tours to see if we could get a different destination again and got distracted when we noticed the frozen Coke stand was open! That was my first frozen Coke in Disney and man was that good!!! We walked on to ST again, same destination, but different ending! We headed back to ToT for one more ride, then we needed to head back to the resort and got ready for our big dinner date!

We chilled out in our room for a while, took a nap (remember this was a relax trip, with all the stress at my job, this is what I needed, not to come back more stressed than when we left). We had a 5:50 ADR at the Flying Fish to celebrate our Anniversary and Sweetest Day. We had never dined here until with the Mouse Couple 2 years ago, it's a special place for us, so that is why we chose to celebrate our special occasion here. The food was out of this world! Our waiter was from Griffith IN, talk about a Small World!
I had the Potato Wrapped Red Snapper and B-dude had the steak. Yes, it's a fish house, but he got steak. They actually bragged to have the best steak on property and I believe they are correct! I'm not a steak person and that was some darn good steak! B-dude claims it's better than the Chop House in Chicago. We shared some wine, they brought us champagne, it was a very romantic dinner! Afterward we had planned on heading over to Epcot, it was a gorgeous evening again, the sky was amazing!!!
Our balcony at night:
We wandered back over to Epcot b/c I was really wanted a chocolate crepe for dessert, it did not diasppoint!
We walked through WS which was very crowded due to the Food and Wine Fest. We went to the front of the park to see if we could get a pic. in front of SSE, success!
After our pic. we decided to sit by the fountain and just take it in. The smells, the sounds, watching the Monorail go by overhead, I loved listening to the music! After our sit, we walked onto SSE, headed over to Club Cool for a drink then went to the Seas to check on the tank and our fish friends. Still no change at this point. We were pooped so headed home. Upon arriving back at our room...I got the biggest surprise ever! There was a box from Disney Flourist waiting for me!
Inside was a "Magic" wand, a really sweet card and a Swarovski bracelet! B-dude scored some big points here! We are both horrible at keeping secrets from eachother, I have no idea how he kept quiet about this?! I've always wanted a delivery from Disney Flourist! So, it was a Wish come true! :D I'm also a huge Swarovski fan, so this was the perfect gift for me!
I guess you could say it was a perfect ending to a perfect day!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 25, 2011 1:30 pm

Awww, what a sweet ending to the day. That is nice that b-dude was able to keep the surprise! Loving the photos in the evenings. You really had some pretty weather at night didn't you?!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Tue 25, 2011 2:55 pm

Looks like B-dude must have taken some pointers in the romantic gift department from Mousekedude...