Tiki's January 2015 Trip w/guest! *Last Page*

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Upcoming adventure!

Post by Amy » Mar Sun 04, 2012 5:07 pm

mindflipper wrote:As for souvenirs, you can go to the business office at any Disney resort, box it up, and get it shipped back to your home.
Oh but it's sooooo much fun trying to cram everything you bought into your suitcase :roll: :lol:

TikiTikiRoom
Peter Pan's Flight Pixie Duster

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Mon 05, 2012 9:44 pm

Great day today. Unfortunately I wish I wore pants. We went on the Wild Africa Trek and got harnessed up so we could see hippos and crocs up close. The harness turned my shorts into shortshorts lol. Had spaghetti in the room and went in the hot tub. Looking forward to Hollywood studios tomorrow, and our meal at the coral reef.
IC-32830 of the 501st Legion

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Mon 05, 2012 11:00 pm

TikiTikiRoom wrote:Great day today. Unfortunately I wish I wore pants. We went on the Wild Africa Trek and got harnessed up so we could see hippos and crocs up close. The harness turned my shorts into shortshorts lol. Had spaghetti in the room and went in the hot tub. Looking forward to Hollywood studios tomorrow, and our meal at the coral reef.
Cool ~ I didn't know you were going on the Wild Africa Trek. I'll be curious to see if you thought it was worth the cost...

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Mar Wed 07, 2012 9:15 am

Amy wrote:
TikiTikiRoom wrote:Great day today. Unfortunately I wish I wore pants. We went on the Wild Africa Trek and got harnessed up so we could see hippos and crocs up close. The harness turned my shorts into shortshorts lol. Had spaghetti in the room and went in the hot tub. Looking forward to Hollywood studios tomorrow, and our meal at the coral reef.
Cool ~ I didn't know you were going on the Wild Africa Trek. I'll be curious to see if you thought it was worth the cost...
I would also like to know if people think the Animal Trek is worth the cost. I know my husband would LOVE to do that, so I want to make sure that it is worth the time and money.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Wed 07, 2012 12:00 pm

Belle1082 wrote:
Amy wrote:
I would also like to know if people think the Animal Trek is worth the cost. I know my husband would LOVE to do that, so I want to make sure that it is worth the time and money.
I went on it and enjoyed it, but don't know that I would spend over $200 for it. I know the price went up shortly after I booked my trek. It really is a fun experience, and it is a chance to see part of the Animal Kingdom that most guests don't get to see, but it is expensive. I definitely wouldn't want to go on it during the summer with the Florida heat and humidity! Africa was hot when I was there, but it was definitely not humid which made the excessive temperatures more bearable.

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Thu 08, 2012 8:31 am

Last full day here in the world. Total bummer. I've been to Epcot four or five times now. Hahaha. Also as far as the trek goes, I honestly thought it was just alright. Yes we did get to see animals up close and wander parts of the savannah, but to be honest I felt like the tour guides were trying way too hard. The only thing I really truly enjoyed was the food they gave us at our pit stop. The raw salmon on jicoma slaw was actually wicked good. Anyways, I digress. Last full day here in WDW and am trying to figure out what I really want to do today, as I've been to every park atleast twice....except for Hollywood Studios. Downtown Disney is looking great though. The refurb is proving to be very helpful. Also the surf shop down there is totally awesome. When I get home tomorrow I will be posting a lot of pics, so get ready!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Thu 08, 2012 8:42 am

TikiTikiRoom wrote:Last full day here in the world. Total bummer. I've been to Epcot four or five times now. Hahaha. Also as far as the trek goes, I honestly thought it was just alright. Yes we did get to see animals up close and wander parts of the savannah, but to be honest I felt like the tour guides were trying way too hard. The only thing I really truly enjoyed was the food they gave us at our pit stop. The raw salmon on jicoma slaw was actually wicked good. Anyways, I digress. Last full day here in WDW and am trying to figure out what I really want to do today, as I've been to every park atleast twice....except for Hollywood Studios. Downtown Disney is looking great though. The refurb is proving to be very helpful. Also the surf shop down there is totally awesome. When I get home tomorrow I will be posting a lot of pics, so get ready!
Glad you are having fun Tiki ~ did you feel rushed at the outpost when you were having your snack? That was one of my complaints ~ they gave you all this new and fun food to try and then you didn't really get much of a chance to eat it...

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Thu 08, 2012 9:03 am

It's not so much that I felt rushed, I just wasn't a fan of the tour guides. We did get to see giraffe running! That was pretty cool.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Thu 08, 2012 11:46 am

TikiTikiRoom wrote:It's not so much that I felt rushed, I just wasn't a fan of the tour guides. We did get to see giraffe running! That was pretty cool.
Giraffes do make a sight running don't they? :lol: Did you get to fill out a survey after your tour? That would help let them know that perhaps they need to tweak the tour guides training a bit.

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Fri 09, 2012 7:18 pm

I'm home! I can finally type on a computer again! hahaaha.Time to upload some photoooos!

TikiTikiRoom

Re: Tiki's March 2012 Trip! Pics on Pg. 11

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Fri 09, 2012 7:40 pm

Alright. Now that I'm home and settled a wee bit, It's time to upload some pics from my trip! I'm also tired of typing already, so I'll let the pics do most of the talking. I'll post them in sequential order.

We arrived!

This is the view of the savannah from my balcony. You can see Mt. Everest in the distance there.

And here's me, doing my best matthew mcconaughey impression. I hadn't enjoyed Florida weather in a couple years, so it was time to soak up some sun....my pasty New england skin needed it.

Our first park stop was AK. Behold! A gorilla with a bucket on it's head.

Also couldn't pass up one of my favorite rides ever. I'm the 4th person down from the back, on the left, in the white shirt and arm raised giving the "Hang Loose" sign.

Anyways, Had an awesome trip and I don't feel like typing anymore, so here's some more photos. See if you can figure out where I am in some of these.

(PS. the new Star Tours is awesome, and the Tangerine Cafe in Epcot did not disappoint. The pic of those 3 pita sliders, those are from the TC)

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Fri 09, 2012 8:29 pm

Awesome pics!!! Your view of the savannah was awesome!!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Fri 09, 2012 8:52 pm

Great photos Tiki ~ looks like you had fun. Glad you made it to the Tangerine Cafe to try the sliders. Ah yes, pasty white skin ~ the bane of all northerners for a good 12 months out of the year ;) :lol:
More ~ more ~ more!
Last edited by Amy on Mar Fri 09, 2012 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TikiTikiRoom

Post by TikiTikiRoom » Mar Fri 09, 2012 8:55 pm

Oops, I forgot to add I found this sticker on my floor this morning when we were packing. Is it a good omen, or is it a calling card from a hitman that gave me poison while I was sleeping?

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Fri 09, 2012 9:03 pm

:lol: I would take it as a good omen ~ it doesn't quite have Mr. Yuck's "Don't eat this because it is poison" yucky face :lol: Although it is the right color green :shock: