Amy and F1gment's return to Disneyland 2013

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Re: Amy and F1gment's return to Disneyland 2013

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Sat 20, 2013 9:33 am

The Walt Disney Family Museum is definitely a must...even if you end up going by yourself. The museum is really well put together.
So excited for your trip! :)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sat 20, 2013 10:07 am

MmeLeota wrote:The Walt Disney Family Museum is definitely a must...even if you end up going by yourself. The museum is really well put together.
Me too ~ although we don't have any accommodations or tickets yet :shock: And we really aren't going to be with my brother and his family in San Francisco very long, so hopefully we can make the museum happen!
P.S. I actually started working on Day 9 of this trip report last night! Of course today is filled with errands and dinner with friends so...maybe tomorrow :mrgreen:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sat 20, 2013 3:45 pm

Finally got ahold of my brother this afternoon. Now I'm really confuzzled :? He is actually coming with us to Cali, has booked us into a bed and breakfast somewhere in the Southern Cali area. I had to try to control my laughter when he was saying, "This way Amy can go to the parks as much as she wants, and you can hang out with me Mom." The look on her face was priceless, because as much as she is excited to hang out with her oldest child, she mostly wants to go to DL and DCA too!! :lol: He did say he would go to the parks with us too if that is what she wants.
The weird part is he will be going home and back to work when we go to visit my other brother up in Northern Cali for 2 or 4 days. I suppose he only has so much time off work, but I know Mom was really hoping she could have all three kids together again. She does think my other brother might be able to come down for a day or two while we are all there ~ hopefully that works out :D
I am so glad we didn't go ahead and book any accommodations!

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jul Sat 20, 2013 9:14 pm

I hope she can have all 3 together too! I know since my brother moved to Maine, my mom can't wait to have us all together again! have fun!!!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Sat 20, 2013 11:01 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:I hope she can have all 3 together too! I know since my brother moved to Maine, my mom can't wait to have us all together again! have fun!!!
Yes, some of my glee has worn off as I have thought about it, and I know I am not going to be playing in the parks without F1gment. I'm thinking three days is probably what we will shoot for. Shoot :(

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Sun 21, 2013 3:13 pm

How exciting Amy!!! Hope you and F1gment have a wonderful trip! Bdude and I would love to see DL someday!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 24, 2013 7:14 am

Finally got some information pried out of my brother. We are staying about 40 minutes away from Disney. I'm starting to think we might only get about 3 Disney days in...but that is 3 more days than we would have been getting so I think it will be good. I will keep telling myself that anyhow!
And I thought to ask my brother if he had any Club 33 or 1901 connections, since he works for a large company, but he didn't have any luck either. Looks like the private clubs will remain a mystery to us for a little while longer :(

Thumper1
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Thumper1 » Jul Wed 24, 2013 7:25 am

Amy , I never thought I'd want to go to Disneyland, since I'm an east coast girl, but.... after seeing Soarin's pictures on fb, I'm re-thinking that whole thought!! You are lucky to be going even if it's only a few days . I know you are counting down the days!! :ccat:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 24, 2013 7:31 am

brerrabbit1 wrote:Amy , I never thought I'd want to go to Disneyland, since I'm an east coast girl, but.... after seeing Soarin's pictures on fb, I'm re-thinking that whole thought!! You are lucky to be going even if it's only a few days . I know you are counting down the days!! :ccat:
Yes, that's what I keep telling myself. And the trip wouldn't be possible at all if not for my brother. And he is so excited to be hanging out with his Mom and sister for a week. It is just hard thinking you are going to have a leisurely week at DL and then finding out that isn't the case.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Wed 24, 2013 9:53 am

You will still have a great time Amy!!! I'm anxious to hear what you think about DL. And maybe you will be able to sneak another day in there somewhere??? :wink:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 24, 2013 4:20 pm

boilerbabe wrote:You will still have a great time Amy!!! I'm anxious to hear what you think about DL. And maybe you will be able to sneak another day in there somewhere??? :wink:
We haven't really had a chance to talk to my brother about the trip since he dropped his little bomb on us a few days ago. F1gment mentioned today that she thinks he would really like an entire day to himself to go sailing since we are going to be on the ocean. We just really need to pin him down and get a chance to get everything on the table soon so F1gment will stop freaking out! :lol: Unfortunately my brother is super busy at work at the moment, and in the midst of an ugly divorce too :( so many things happening, so little time to collaborate.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Wed 24, 2013 9:03 pm

Amy wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:You will still have a great time Amy!!! I'm anxious to hear what you think about DL. And maybe you will be able to sneak another day in there somewhere??? :wink:
We haven't really had a chance to talk to my brother about the trip since he dropped his little bomb on us a few days ago. F1gment mentioned today that she thinks he would really like an entire day to himself to go sailing since we are going to be on the ocean. We just really need to pin him down and get a chance to get everything on the table soon so F1gment will stop freaking out! :lol: Unfortunately my brother is super busy at work at the moment, and in the midst of an ugly divorce too :( so many things happening, so little time to collaborate.
Sorry to hear about your brother's divorce Amy, hope you guys are able to get plans settled soon! Pixie Dust headed your way!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Thu 25, 2013 7:35 am

Thanks b-babe :D

Club33Hopeful
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner
Shooting Galleries Gun Cleaner

Post by Club33Hopeful » Jul Thu 25, 2013 12:46 pm

Amy wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:The Walt Disney Family Museum is definitely a must...even if you end up going by yourself. The museum is really well put together.
Me too ~ although we don't have any accommodations or tickets yet :shock: And we really aren't going to be with my brother and his family in San Francisco very long, so hopefully we can make the museum happen!
P.S. I actually started working on Day 9 of this trip report last night! Of course today is filled with errands and dinner with friends so...maybe tomorrow :mrgreen:
Let me know if you do end up planning time at the WDFM. Every year I have tickets that expire...
-Club33Hopeful

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Thu 25, 2013 6:50 pm

Club33Hopeful wrote:
Amy wrote:
Let me know if you do end up planning time at the WDFM. Every year I have tickets that expire...
Once we can get together with my brother, I should have some idea. Thanks!