8 + 5 = 13 Days in Disney World

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: 8 + 5 = 13 Days in Disney World

Post by mindflipper » Oct Thu 20, 2011 11:27 am

yodiwan1 wrote:just a tip for everyone..great place with a unique view to watch any parade at Magic Kingdom...on the second level at the Main Street Railroad Station!! IF you are lucky you may even get a chair, and on hot days there is shade!
I have done that area more than once for parade viewing (9 PM electrical parades) in the past, but I've had to get there at least 1-2 hours ahead of time!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Thu 20, 2011 11:31 am

yodiwan1 wrote:In June when we went, we got there about 30 min early..it was SO HOT!!!!! but the shade made it much more bearable.
I can't believe you got a seat up there only 30 minutes out. Like Len, every time I have looked up there it is packed to the gills :shock:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Sun 23, 2011 12:29 am

I'm so excited you've started your report Len!!! :D

Brian845
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain
Mike Fink Keel Boats Boatswain

Post by Brian845 » Oct Sun 23, 2011 5:36 pm

Good to see you started the report, now I finally get to compare notes! Do you have any pictures dancing with Pluto at the Tomorrowland Dance Party?

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Oct Mon 24, 2011 9:38 am

Brian845 wrote:Good to see you started the report, now I finally get to compare notes! Do you have any pictures dancing with Pluto at the Tomorrowland Dance Party?
I'll be adding photos when I have a bit more time. Just got done with thirteen pages of lab report typing so I hope to get day 2 up. However exam wave two is already starting with one this week, one next week and three in two weeks :( Thanksgiving can't come soon enough!
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Mon 24, 2011 10:36 am

Len90 wrote:
Brian845 wrote:Good to see you started the report, now I finally get to compare notes! Do you have any pictures dancing with Pluto at the Tomorrowland Dance Party?
I'll be adding photos when I have a bit more time. Just got done with thirteen pages of lab report typing so I hope to get day 2 up. However exam wave two is already starting with one this week, one next week and three in two weeks :( Thanksgiving can't come soon enough!
Yikes! That is a lot of typing :shock: Maybe you could remind your professors you have a trip report that needs to be shared ASAP ~ I'm sure they would let you skip a test or two ;) :lol: Good luck on all your exams :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Mon 24, 2011 10:51 pm

Len90 wrote:
But isn't Thanksgiving Holiday when professors dump papers on their students which are due on the Monday when they return?

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Oct Mon 24, 2011 11:59 pm

mindflipper wrote:
Len90 wrote:
But isn't Thanksgiving Holiday when professors dump papers on their students which are due on the Monday when they return?
Yeah that is true. However, the week of Thanksgiving I luck out with with one class Monday and two classes on Tuesday. Somehow Rutgers decided that Thanksgiving weekend should be 5 days so I am off on Wednesday as well. I will have another lab report due after Thanksgiving but I plan on having that done before the break.

Amy: Would be willing to write a note to excuse me from the lab report :D Sometime I think professors do this on purpose so I can't get work done on my trip report :goofy_bounce:
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 25, 2011 6:49 am

Sure I would gladly write you a note! Here you go, this should do the trick!

Dear Professors,
Please excuse Len from his papers. He really has more important things to do. He is quite behind in his reporting on his awesome 13 day Disney World trip and we don't know how much longer we can stand the suspense of what happened to Len in the Prime Time Cafe. And we also must know whether or not he got to rekindle his romance with Minnie and bump Mickey from her side.
We would really appreciate if you just gave him an A on all assignments until after Thanksgiving. You know he will get all A's anyhow so this will save you time having to grade his work. By the end of November, or certainly December at the latest, he should be caught up and ready to dig in to his studies once again.
Sincerely,
Subsonic Radio loyal forum trip report reading addicts anonymous

P.S. Rutgers professors, please forward this along to Mark's supervisors at the hospital.
P.P.S. Hospital supervisors, please insert the words "surgery, rotation and rounds" anywhere it says "papers, assignments, and studies" Oh! And substitute Mark wherever it says Len. Thank you!

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Oct Tue 25, 2011 7:54 am

Haha Amy thanks for that. However I probably should not have been reading that while in class. Everyone looked at me when I laughed at my phone. And to think this morning was off to a bad start...
- Len90

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Tue 25, 2011 7:57 am

Len90 wrote:Haha Amy thanks for that. However I probably should not have been reading that while in class. Everyone looked at me when I laughed at my phone. And to think this morning was off to a bad start...
Whoops :oops: :roll: Concentrate on your studies young man! No subsonic in class ~ bad student :evil: ;)
Hopefully the rest of the day is better for you :mrgreen:

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Oct Tue 25, 2011 9:47 am

Amy wrote:
Len90 wrote:Haha Amy thanks for that. However I probably should not have been reading that while in class. Everyone looked at me when I laughed at my phone. And to think this morning was off to a bad start...
Whoops :oops: :roll: Concentrate on your studies young man! No subsonic in class ~ bad student :evil: ;)
Hopefully the rest of the day is better for you :mrgreen:
It was about two minutes before the class began so no need to worry. Even though I joke, studies do come first. I promise that this is the next non school related thing on my to do list followed by pictures. I'm just too happy I got the photopass done before the deadline (which was extended though).
- Len90

packwingfn
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by packwingfn » Nov Tue 15, 2011 9:31 pm

Update?! I can't wait to hear about the awesome cast member at the Tiki Room ;)
I know this is probably your first flight...and it's mine too...ha, ha

Rain upon that planet Earth. And they rain ... and rain ... and rain. The deluge.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Nov Wed 16, 2011 12:09 am

packwingfn wrote:Update?! I can't wait to hear about the awesome cast member at the Tiki Room ;)
Hmmm do I sense foreshadowing? I will say that there was a great CM I met in Adventureland. There will be details about this CM included on day 6.

Just got done with one of my two lab reports. This one is due in 13 hours. Next up is a lab report due in two weeks and a small essay due in about two weeks as well. I'll try getting another day or two up by the end of the week.
- Len90

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Wed 16, 2011 7:04 am

Len90 wrote:
packwingfn wrote:Update?! I can't wait to hear about the awesome cast member at the Tiki Room ;)
Hmmm do I sense foreshadowing? I will say that there was a great CM I met in Adventureland. There will be details about this CM included on day 6.

Just got done with one of my two lab reports. This one is due in 13 hours. Next up is a lab report due in two weeks and a small essay due in about two weeks as well. I'll try getting another day or two up by the end of the week.
Guess I will have to do some light reading while I'm in lengthy queues :D