Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Re: Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Post by Mousekedude » Jul Tue 12, 2011 8:24 am

Yup, it's getting exciting! Looking forward to seeing you all again, for those who made it last year. And looking forward very much to meeting some new Marauders this time! :D

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Tue 12, 2011 1:54 pm

Amy wrote: Cool! You might want to save the discount tickets for family though, they might be mad if you give them to your mischievous subsonic siblings instead :shock: :roll: ;) :lol:
They use my maingate pass.... :mrgreen: I had to give the tickets to my roommate last time because they were about to expire because my family has no use for them. And YES I can come through with discounts if I'm there, we'll know all this for sure in about a month.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 12, 2011 2:50 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
Amy wrote: Cool! You might want to save the discount tickets for family though, they might be mad if you give them to your mischievous subsonic siblings instead :shock: :roll: ;) :lol:
They use my maingate pass.... :mrgreen: I had to give the tickets to my roommate last time because they were about to expire because my family has no use for them. And YES I can come through with discounts if I'm there, we'll know all this for sure in about a month.
So you can bring any number of family members with you through the maingate? And you get tickets to give to anyone? That is nice :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Tue 12, 2011 3:14 pm

Amy wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:
So you can bring any number of family members with you through the maingate? And you get tickets to give to anyone? That is nice :D
Be great to have you along for the next Marauder meet-up in Jan 2012... :mrgreen: :mickey:
Last edited by mindflipper on Jul Tue 12, 2011 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sleepy90
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by Sleepy90 » Jul Tue 12, 2011 3:17 pm

mindflipper wrote:Be great to have along for the next Marauder meet-up in Jan 2011... :mrgreen: :mickey:
Darn Soarin we missed it again :lol:

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Tue 12, 2011 3:21 pm

Sleepy90 wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Be great to have along for the next Marauder meet-up in Jan 2011... :mrgreen: :mickey:
Darn Soarin we missed it again :lol:
Now that I look at it... we appear to be going back to the future on this meetup. :mrgreen:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Tue 12, 2011 3:28 pm

Ya snooze, ya loose... 8-) :lol:

I realized my mistake and went to correct, and then all you kept posting before I get it fixed. :evil:

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jul Tue 12, 2011 3:44 pm

:( It really sucks that I cannot re-new my annual and promised my wife that we can try new places to vacation after this month. O really would love to drive up to be with everyone. Even when working there I never got the chance to walk around with REAL Disney fans. If Disney states any amazing deals then maybe I can convince her for s small trip, but it would have to be one heck of a deal! Have fun everyone! :mickey:
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Tue 12, 2011 3:52 pm

yodiwan1 wrote::( It really sucks that I cannot re-new my annual and promised my wife that we can try new places to vacation after this month. O really would love to drive up to be with everyone. Even when working there I never got the chance to walk around with REAL Disney fans. If Disney states any amazing deals then maybe I can convince her for s small trip, but it would have to be one heck of a deal! Have fun everyone! :mickey:
Couldn't drive there and back in the same day? That would save on the hotel costs...

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Jul Tue 12, 2011 4:26 pm

ok, I updated the first page of the thread with all those who will be in The World at the time and may want to join in.

It is great to have an insider at WDW. Soarin08, you know we will be sure to call on you. =$ The Boilers last year had a friend who worked at WDW and as able to get us a few of expensive items we wanted 1/2 price. It was great!

Everyone, no pressure but as soon as you know the dates you will be there, please let us know. I am starting to make our personal arrangements and trying to keep in mind when we may want to have group dinnner, a dole whip, watch wishes from the Poly etc. Last year was so nice because we would meet up, ride a few rides then some who had family broke off and met up with us later.

If you have any ideas for a special meet-up, feel free to PM me.

Nacler,
We are so jealous you are moving to Jacksonville.

Mouseoholic!

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Jul Tue 12, 2011 4:31 pm

mindflipper wrote:
yodiwan1 wrote::( It really sucks that I cannot re-new my annual and promised my wife that we can try new places to vacation after this month. O really would love to drive up to be with everyone. Even when working there I never got the chance to walk around with REAL Disney fans. If Disney states any amazing deals then maybe I can convince her for s small trip, but it would have to be one heck of a deal! Have fun everyone! :mickey:
Couldn't drive there and back in the same day? That would save on the hotel costs...
Oh yes! Please do! That is a great idea.
Mouseoholic!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Tue 12, 2011 5:03 pm

Mouseoholic wrote:
It is great to have an insider at WDW. Soarin08, you know we will be sure to call on you. =$ The Boilers last year had a friend who worked at WDW and as able to get us a few of expensive items we wanted 1/2 price. It was great!
I'm serious, anything at all, ask me for it! And if I can't get my hands on it, I know others who can. That time of year I'll have my 50% holiday discount for merchandise and will also have my 30%, 40%, and 50% dining coupons on me (those come in our Christmas package we get in December).

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Jul Tue 12, 2011 8:56 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
Mouseoholic wrote: It is great to have an insider at WDW. Soarin08, you know we will be sure to call on you. =$ The Boilers last year had a friend who worked at WDW and as able to get us a few of expensive items we wanted 1/2 price. It was great!
I'm serious, anything at all, ask me for it! And if I can't get my hands on it, I know others who can. That time of year I'll have my 50% holiday discount for merchandise and will also have my 30%, 40%, and 50% dining coupons on me (those come in our Christmas package we get in December).
You are so sweet! Thanks for sharing the pixie dust! We give more money to the Mouse than even seems right. Sometimes I feel like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. On one hand I know I should be more cautious about spending so much there but then the other part of me tosses caution into the wind. I am so conflicted! :evil: :shock: :D :evil: :D

Speaking of money =$ I was thinking that if we could get at least 10 people we could share an illuminations cruise it would not cost more than $35.00 per person. If you are interested, PM me and I will see what we can come up with.

I also looked into the Grand I Yacht. It is very pricey at $554.00 per hour :shock: . If we find 17 rich individuals then it will only cost $65.00 per person :shock: for a 2 hour tour to watch Wishes. It could be worth it but not sure we could find 17 individuals who can spend that much. Never hurts to mention it.
We may want to opt for the less expensive pontoon boat for an Illuminations tour. However, if you are interested or have a preference, please PM me.
We did the Breathless II several years ago and you really do have spectacular view of Illuminations. I hear the Illuminations cruise is much better than the Wishes since you are closer to the action. It's a shame the boat (Breathless II) was destroyed in an accident. It has never been replaced. Don't worry, no one was hurt. Apparently the steering column malfunctioned and the CM aborted ship before it plowed into the Boardwalk wall. So sad....RIP Breathless... :cry:

I think it would be fun for all of us to get out on the water together.

Mouseoholic!

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Jul Tue 12, 2011 8:58 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
Mouseoholic wrote:
Soarin, you are definitely going to be high on our list of special Mayhem Marauders upon whom we will depend for adding special touches to the festivities! :lol: 8-)
So many of our pals really went above and beyond on the last meet-up to make the experience special... it was great! If we can get all of them again plus you this time....! Wow!! It'll be even better! :mickey3: :donald: :goofy: :minnie: :nemo: :peter_pan: :pluto: :wave: :jack: :ariel: :mrgreen: :-D

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 12, 2011 9:04 pm

Oh, a fireworks boat tour! That would be awesome :D I am in the process of applying for the Month at the Museum 2, so a little of what happens the rest of the year depends on if I manage to score that sweet opportunity. If there is any chance we can make it to the MMMII, then we would definitely be in for the boat ~ well I would at least. F1gment seems to not have the best of luck with boats, at least on the lakes around here...but that is a story for another time ;)