Disney World in 2012

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Re: Disney World in 2012

Post by MadEye » Jan Fri 14, 2011 6:14 pm

Wizzard419 wrote:Oh, does anyone know if Disney is subject to the "browser favortisim" that some companies have? As in you you book a trip in IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, etc. you may see a different price between the browsers?
Never had a problem. I've used Chrome, Safari, IE (blech), and Firefox and never seen a difference for the same resorts/dates.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Fri 14, 2011 8:51 pm

Considering that WDW doesn't offer a free 1-800 to call them, I can't see them offering any discount to use one browser over another.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Fri 14, 2011 9:03 pm

mindflipper wrote:Considering that WDW doesn't offer a free 1-800 to call them, I can't see them offering any discount to use one browser over another.
Didn't they used to have a free 800#?

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Fri 14, 2011 9:18 pm

Amy wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Considering that WDW doesn't offer a free 1-800 to call them, I can't see them offering any discount to use one browser over another.
Didn't they used to have a free 800#?
If they did, it would have to be before the 1980's because it's been 1-407-WDISNEY (and before that, 1-904-WDISNEY) as far back as I can remember...

I don't think Disney will ever offer a free 1-800 phone number now as they would prefer people instead to use the website instead.

elizabethswann: have you started to check out the resort prices on the website yet? I know the WDW on-line reservation system can be a pain in the neck. Also, some resorts like the Dolphin and Swan have to be done through the resort website and not Disney (for Swan and Dolfin, it's the Westin or Starwood resorts).

elizabethswann
Pirates of the Caribbean Buccaneer

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Sat 15, 2011 10:11 pm

I have checked here and there as I think my friend and I are going to settle for staying at Best Western that's by the Downtown Disney area. Her father has a number of hotel points to use so we may wind up doing that. We did consider the All Star resorts and the Caribbean Beach resort until she mentioned that her father had a number of hotel points we could use to save on paying for one of the big resort hotels.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sat 15, 2011 11:14 pm

I would keep the options open anyhow. Who knows what deals Disney may come up with in a few months down the road for 2012.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sat 15, 2011 11:42 pm

elizabethswann wrote:I have checked here and there as I think my friend and I are going to settle for staying at Best Western that's by the Downtown Disney area. Her father has a number of hotel points to use so we may wind up doing that. We did consider the All Star resorts and the Caribbean Beach resort until she mentioned that her father had a number of hotel points we could use to save on paying for one of the big resort hotels.
That's a good plan, but like mindflipper said, you could always keep checking to see if any really unbeatable offers pop up from Disney :D

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Sun 16, 2011 6:13 am

I'm definitely looking into everything I possibly can. I need to go to Borders to try to find more books on Disney World for any other possible deal breakers I can find.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 16, 2011 7:24 am

elizabethswann wrote:I'm definitely looking into everything I possibly can. I need to go to Borders to try to find more books on Disney World for any other possible deal breakers I can find.
You'll probably do just as well searching online. We also went and looked at books in the store, but found them much cheaper on Amazon. Don't forget about using the public library too! We bought a few books before going that turned out to be duds :(

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sun 16, 2011 9:24 am

Amazon.com does have the better prices. I would suggest sitting down at Borders and reviewing the books first. If there's one that you like and think is good, then maybe buy it at Amazon.com - unless it's on sale at Borders, then it may not be much difference than the Amazon price.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Sun 16, 2011 9:47 am

mindflipper wrote:Amazon.com does have the better prices. I would suggest sitting down at Borders and reviewing the books first. If there's one that you like and think is good, then maybe buy it at Amazon.com - unless it's on sale at Borders, then it may not be much difference than the Amazon price.
This is where your internet capabilities come in handy. Take your smart phone or laptop if you have them, and check out the prices while you are in the store ~ that's what I did and was shocked to find differences of $5 or more :shock:

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Post by MadEye » Jan Sun 16, 2011 1:52 pm

If you haven't been here before, I suggest staying on property. I know it is a long way off but if you hold off on booking a room(s) until maybe a month before your trip, you can save a lot of money.

As an example: From September to mid December, the price for a full week in mid February at Grand Californian at DL was $2,220.00. When I checked earlier this month, it was down to $1,444.00. Almost $800 difference. If it dropped that much, same could be said for most if not all of the resorts at WDW.

That is money you can use on plane tickets, a rental car, food, souvenirs, etc.
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Sun 16, 2011 3:21 pm

Really? Oh wow. If we do stay on the property, it'd probably be either the All Star Movies or, what I want to try, the Caribbean Beach resort. Money's just a bit tight for me right now so relying on my friend's dad's hotel points is in the green for me right now.

I will try to go to Borders this week and I'll look through the various books there. If I find one that works well for me, I'll get it or wait to purchase it off of Amazon.

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Sun 16, 2011 4:54 pm

elizabethswann wrote:Really? Oh wow. If we do stay on the property, it'd probably be either the All Star Movies or, what I want to try, the Caribbean Beach resort. Money's just a bit tight for me right now so relying on my friend's dad's hotel points is in the green for me right now.

I will try to go to Borders this week and I'll look through the various books there. If I find one that works well for me, I'll get it or wait to purchase it off of Amazon.
Also, besides micechat, you may want to keep an eye on the weekly park updates over at mouseplanet.com.

elizabethswann

Post by elizabethswann » Jan Sun 16, 2011 5:32 pm

mindflipper wrote:
elizabethswann wrote:Really? Oh wow. If we do stay on the property, it'd probably be either the All Star Movies or, what I want to try, the Caribbean Beach resort. Money's just a bit tight for me right now so relying on my friend's dad's hotel points is in the green for me right now.

Also, besides micechat, you may want to keep an eye on the weekly park updates over at mouseplanet.com.
I signed up for an account on micechat today and I'll be bookmarking mouseplanet right now.