I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Wed 31, 2010 2:22 pm

Mousekedude wrote:
NaCler wrote:42 days until my next trip and my first taste of the infamous Dole Whip...
Infamous..? Infamous??!!! We'll forgive you (barely), since you're a "Dole Whip virgin", but it is NOT infamous.
It is
Famous!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Right!!! You know, IN-famous...means MORE than famous!!!! :lol:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Mar Wed 31, 2010 2:29 pm

Oh, really? I thought infamous meant something bad, like "notorious." In other words, well known, but in a negative way.
Dole Whip is definitely not negative! :mrgreen:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Wed 31, 2010 2:34 pm

Mousekedude wrote:Oh, really? I thought infamous meant something bad, like "notorious." In other words, well known, but in a negative way.
Dole Whip is definitely not negative! :mrgreen:
No, not really...you are correct, in "normal" terms it is negative...what I was referring to is from "The Three Amigos"...(you can't go wrong with Steve Martin, Chevy Chase and Martin Short!)

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Mar Wed 31, 2010 2:35 pm

Mousekedude wrote:
NaCler wrote:42 days until my next trip and my first taste of the infamous Dole Whip...
Infamous..? Infamous??!!! We'll forgive you (barely), since you're a "Dole Whip virgin", but it is NOT infamous.
It is
Famous!
Yep... "Infamous is when you're MORE than famous. See this Dole Whip isn't just famous... it's INfamous." :D

See... MmeLeota gets me... We're on the same page... :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Wed 31, 2010 2:43 pm

NaCler wrote:
Mousekedude wrote:
It is
Famous!
Yep... "Infamous is when you're MORE than famous. See this Dole Whip isn't just famous... it's INfamous." :D

See... MmeLeota gets me... We're on the same page... :D
Yes, but unfortunately I do not have 100,000 pesos with which to pay you... :wink: (now I've gotta go back and watch it...it's been far too long!)

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Mar Wed 31, 2010 2:50 pm

Ok, I give you the 10 peso version. :lol:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Wed 31, 2010 3:02 pm

WDW is great. Must try infamous El Dole Whipo.
(that's about all 10 pesos will get ya these days...inflation since 1986 :roll: :wink: )

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Mar Wed 31, 2010 3:10 pm

Haha... The track playing now is Captain EO and they said, "... is lead by the INFAMOUS Captain EO." haha... :lol:

Are we off topic yet?

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Mar Wed 31, 2010 3:23 pm

NaCler wrote:Haha... The track playing now is Captain EO and they said, "... is lead by the INFAMOUS Captain EO." haha... :lol:

Are we off topic yet?
ROTFL!!! :lol: (insert Jacca's "rotfl" icon here)
(I can't help it...anytime I hear the word "infamous", all I can think of is that movie)

I think we're only slightly off topic... :roll:

I wish I had an answer to this question, but I don't know when we'll make it to WDW again...here's hoping for the 40th next year!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Mar Wed 31, 2010 9:04 pm

MmeLeota wrote: :shock: A Disney freak who is a Dole Whip virgin?!?!?!!?!? I never would have believed it!!!!
Put me on that same list :oops: I've never been a fan of fruit and ice cream swimming in the same bowl so I have never even been tempted to try one. Starting to think I maybe should though after reading all the love it gets :roll:

Am looking forward to the picture of the infamous Dole Whip and NaCler...I threw that "infamous" in just for giggles knowing you would all be quoting that movie again :lol:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Apr Thu 01, 2010 10:27 am

Mousekedude wrote:
It is
Famous!
Oh so famous!!!! We need to know how you liked it NaCler! Don't forget to get the Dole Whip float! Trip report too please! :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Thu 01, 2010 12:03 pm

Amy wrote:
MmeLeota wrote: :shock: A Disney freak who is a Dole Whip virgin?!?!?!!?!? I never would have believed it!!!!
Put me on that same list :oops: I've never been a fan of fruit and ice cream swimming in the same bowl so I have never even been tempted to try one. Starting to think I maybe should though after reading all the love it gets :roll:

Am looking forward to the picture of the infamous Dole Whip and NaCler...I threw that "infamous" in just for giggles knowing you would all be quoting that movie again :lol:
OY!!!! Another one????
I can understand the whole fruit and ice cream thing. Now, I'm not sure about WDW, but in DL you have the option of getting the float (ice cream in pineapple juice) or just the pineapple soft serve. Yes, the float is good however, I tend to prefer just the soft serve (add the juice and it tends to be too sweet for me)...it is so yummmmmmmy!!!!! (even my fruit-challenged DH loves a Dole Whip!)

theBIGyowski
Tom Sawyer Island Rafts Skipper

Post by theBIGyowski » Apr Thu 01, 2010 12:50 pm

I used to only eat the pineapple soft serve...but once I had the vanilla soft serve float...I was hooked. To me, it's a million times better than just the soft serve because the intense pineapple flavor can get old about half way through it. Having the vanilla soft serve is a great balance and we all know how good Disney soft serve is to begin with. If you don't know...my Walt have mercy on your soul. :wink:

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Apr Thu 01, 2010 1:01 pm

theBIGyowski wrote:I used to only eat the pineapple soft serve...but once I had the vanilla soft serve float...I was hooked. To me, it's a million times better than just the soft serve because the intense pineapple flavor can get old about half way through it. Having the vanilla soft serve is a great balance and we all know how good Disney soft serve is to begin with. If you don't know...my Walt have mercy on your soul. :wink:
I don't know if DL has that option...every time I ever got a float, it was the pineapple soft serve in pineapple juice (which is why I stopped getting the float...too sweet). I'll have to check when I go in July...unless anyone else happens to know.

theBIGyowski

Post by theBIGyowski » Apr Thu 01, 2010 1:28 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
theBIGyowski wrote:I used to only eat the pineapple soft serve...but once I had the vanilla soft serve float...I was hooked. To me, it's a million times better than just the soft serve because the intense pineapple flavor can get old about half way through it. Having the vanilla soft serve is a great balance and we all know how good Disney soft serve is to begin with. If you don't know...my Walt have mercy on your soul. :wink:
I don't know if DL has that option...every time I ever got a float, it was the pineapple soft serve in pineapple juice (which is why I stopped getting the float...too sweet). I'll have to check when I go in July...unless anyone else happens to know.
Yeah...I made the pineapple in pineapple mistake one time...and only one time. There is such a thing as too much pineapple.

1986: Offsite
1997: Offsite
2001: Coronado Springs
2008: Shades of Green / Saratoga Springs (WDW Half Marathon)
2009: Port Orleans French Quarter (WDW Half Marathon)
2010: Port Orleans Riverside (Honeymoon)
2011: Old Key West / Bay Lake Tower
2014: Kidani Village
2015: Old Key West (5th Wedding Anniversary)
2016: Old Key West (Kids' first WDW vacation in December!)