Planning your trip

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

which of these do you use?

Travelocity
6%
Orbitz
3%
Disney.com
31%
Expedia
3%
other not mentioned (but will mention below) like Priceline etc...
17%
Mousesavers
11%
That Cannuck outfit that seems to have good deals?
No votes
A Combination of some or all of the above? details below?
26%
whats planning? i just show up and pay way too much!
3%

Total votes: 35

AKLRULZ
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by AKLRULZ » Apr Tue 22, 2008 6:58 pm

js3901 wrote:And the price is a little better than booking through Disney directly or another travel agent.
Not really - I can always match the AAA price and my agency does something that AAA won't do - code watch your reservation so that if a better deal comes along your reservation is automatically rebooked to get the single best price available at your time of travel.

For what it's worth - CCE/MEV consultants aren't order takers, but rather consultants who'll ensure you get Disneyesque customer service but not have to pay extra ever.
Steve Baker ~ Travel Consultant :mickey3:
Steve.Baker@themagicforless.com
Affiliated with The Magic for Less
www.themagicforless.com

[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4199/userbar517512ps8.gif[/img][/url]

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Apr Wed 23, 2008 8:11 am

Now that I am outta the travel biz and no longer have Sabre :cry: I go online to a site called Sidestep.com that compares all of the sites like Orbitz, Travelocity, etc. I see what airline is offering the best fare, then usually go to that airlines site and if it's available I book online with them and save the service fee that most travel sites charge. Hey the $7 bucks I save is a drink at the park! ha ha ha

I used to call my friend that still owns the travel agy I worked at way back when, and I used to bug my friend who I worked with at TWA who is now with American and ask her to fire up Sabre and tell me what the fare market is for the destination I want to go to. But I felt bad doing those things :? so now I just use sidestep.com or farecompare.com and manage just fine.

I had thought about bugging AKRULZ to ask him to price stuff out for me :wink: but didn't want to NOT buy a package from him if we changed our minds about going.

I think we have a few travel consultants on this site. I like to call Disney reservations so they can put me on hold and I can listen to their hold music, that is until I came across SUBSONIC :!:
"A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!"

kcarts
Flight to the Moon Flight Director
Flight to the Moon Flight Director

Post by kcarts » May Fri 09, 2008 7:58 pm

I just shop around for best airfare. We have DVC so the resort is not an issue. I also like to use allears.net. They have some great ideas as well as updates on closures and rehabs.

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Tue 03, 2008 10:22 pm

For me it is a combination between Liberty Travel, AAA, and Disney.com.

This upcoming trip was booked through AAA and today we got to pick up the Magic Your Way stuff. I find that Disney and AAA are the easiest to use when booking the vacation.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Jun Wed 04, 2008 7:55 am

For my trip to DL next week, I already had a free airline ticket so I did the easy route and went to Disney.com to book my land package. I am leaving in 7 days YIPPEE SKIPPIE :wave:

Croaker
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Croaker » Jun Wed 04, 2008 9:52 am

take pictures!...share them too!
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

disneylandmom
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylandmom » Jun Wed 04, 2008 2:15 pm

For our DLR trip we like to stay accross the street on Harbor and I usually book it direct with the hotel. (I like to check the website of the hotel periodically to make sure the rate doesn't drop between the time I reserve and when we arrive, I have saved us money in the past by calling when the rate dropped and recieving the lower rate) We drive so no air needed in our case. As for park tickets we find it is best to purchase those at our local disney store. Then if we want an AP we just bump it up to that at the main street bank.

Croaker

Post by Croaker » Jun Wed 04, 2008 4:48 pm

I might have to stay off property one of these times. i have a fear of the magic just not being there unless i'm on property. Anyone else have the same feeling or expierience?
[img]http://www.oleole.es/main/web/images/manchester-united_banner.jpg[/img]

spodie

Post by spodie » Jun Wed 04, 2008 9:58 pm

I think that it is just easier to book directly through the Mouse. I'm sure I could save a few dollars by looking around, but when airfare is out of the picture (we live in Atlanta), the prices are fairly equal unless you want to buy from one of those shady side of the road stands...
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jun Wed 04, 2008 10:41 pm

Croaker wrote:I might have to stay off property one of these times. i have a fear of the magic just not being there unless i'm on property. Anyone else have the same feeling or expierience?
At least I know I am not alone now. I have stayed off property once and it was at the Marriott World Convention Center. The hotel was amazing, but you don't get the same experience. There is nothing like the Disney Transportation since you don't have to drive and it drops you off right at the entrance.

In the end, you do get most of the same amenities, but there is just no magic in it. I didn't feel as if I was on a Disney Vacation except for the time spent in the parks. There is just something to it that I can't explain and makes it worth the extra bucks.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

spodie

Post by spodie » Jun Wed 04, 2008 10:49 pm

Croaker wrote:I might have to stay off property one of these times. i have a fear of the magic just not being there unless i'm on property. Anyone else have the same feeling or expierience?
Yeah, the magic is just not there. Once, when I was younger and there weren't as many hotel rooms, we had trouble booking at a Disney resort, so we stayed in a Radisson, and it's just not the same. We have not done that since. It definately just loses something and if you've stayed on-property before, staying off property (in my opinion) will make your vacation not seem so magical.
~Ashleigh :minnie:

[img]http://www.mickeypath.com/id/1260514670.jpg[/img]

rmorton50

Post by rmorton50 » Jun Wed 04, 2008 11:54 pm

We book thru Disney.com simply because it's easy. I often have frequent flyer miles to use for airfare. Otherwise I look for the best schedule so I can maximize the time spent at the resorts.

puckcontroller
Fire Engine Driver
Fire Engine Driver

Post by puckcontroller » Jun Fri 06, 2008 9:18 am

spodie wrote:... staying off property (in my opinion) will make your vacation not seem so magical.
I agree. When we didn't have alot of money, my wife and I stayed off-site and with the driving, car-finding and not seeing Cast Members when you walk out of your hotel door, it just makes it harder after you stay on-site.

disneydreamer58
PeopleMover People Mover
PeopleMover People Mover

Post by disneydreamer58 » Jun Fri 06, 2008 11:42 am

Croaker wrote:take pictures!...share them too!
I am not a great picture taker but I will do my best :D

bluesky481
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer
Alice in Wonderland Wonderer

Post by bluesky481 » Jun Sun 08, 2008 5:53 pm

We book our room & tickets through Magical Journeys. Kayak.com has been a lifesaver for locating the best airfare!