I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by cy1229 » Nov Thu 14, 2013 10:26 am

jlpeaches255 wrote:
Wizzard419 wrote:I am pretty sure some people here would implode if they had spent a year planning their trip only to find out that stall 3 of the Epcot West bathrooms was closed for cleaning, throwing their carefully scheduled bathroom break into utter chaos. :D
mindflipper wrote:
jlpeaches255 wrote:Only a few days left and I suddenly feel like I have not planned this out enough!!
Don't panic - just wing it! Improvise! A little spontaneity never killed anyone...well, as long as there's not a gun or sharp objects involved...;-)
I have scheduled some spontaneity :lol: One of the days I have all to myself I have NO PLANS. No fastpasses, no nothing! I am really looking forward to that day! My stress right now has to do with the dining reservations my ex has booked and wondering if my kids will end up running out of meal credits before the end of the week. :roll:
Well that's nothing you can control, so don't worry about it. Communication would be good here... just checking at the end of each day the kids are with him to see how many meal credits the kids used will keep you from having a nasty surprise. You've done as much planning as you can, and now it's time to sit back, relax, and let it happen. Kind of like planning a wedding. The important part is the event, not the details around the event. You're going to Disney with your kids, and you're going to have some time to yourself. THAT is the important thing, and the fun part! If for some reason you don't get to go to a particular restaurant, or you have to take money from souvenirs to cover an additional meal for your kids, try to not be upset. The memory your kids will have of a great vacation where mom and dad cooperated and worked together to make it fun is the Big Idea. :-) I envy that you and your ex are working together like this. I could work with my ex but his bimbo wouldn't be very cooperative.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

ImagineerWannabe
Mad Tea Party Host
Mad Tea Party Host

Post by ImagineerWannabe » Nov Thu 14, 2013 6:48 pm

Hi from a newbie. I've been enjoying the music and forums for a while and thought I'd like to join the ranks of posters.

80 days until my trip! I haven't been able to access FastPass+ selections yet. But that's ok because I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with planning where I want to be when and the best way to use fastpasses under the new system. Still getting excited though :)

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Nov Thu 14, 2013 9:17 pm

ImagineerWannabe wrote:Hi from a newbie. I've been enjoying the music and forums for a while and thought I'd like to join the ranks of posters.

80 days until my trip! I haven't been able to access FastPass+ selections yet. But that's ok because I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with planning where I want to be when and the best way to use fastpasses under the new system. Still getting excited though :)
Welcome to the forums! We are all happy to help. The new system is overwhelming and still changing DAILY!!

cy1229

Post by cy1229 » Nov Fri 15, 2013 10:41 am

jlpeaches255 wrote:
ImagineerWannabe wrote:Hi from a newbie. I've been enjoying the music and forums for a while and thought I'd like to join the ranks of posters.

Welcome to the forums! We are all happy to help. The new system is overwhelming and still changing DAILY!!
Woohoo! Fresh blood A newcomer!!!! :D just teasin'. There are so many people here who know so much, I'll almost guarantee that if you have a question about it, someone here knows the answer, or at the very least knows how to find the answer.

80 days... just enough time to go around the world and still make your resort check-in. :)
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Nov Sat 16, 2013 12:12 am

cy1229 wrote:Woohoo! Fresh blood A newcomer!!!! :D
Back! Back! If you need to run for safety, just throw a Dole Whip out there and while all the WDW Nuts fight for it you can safely escape... :wink: :lol:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sat 16, 2013 7:29 am

mindflipper wrote:
cy1229 wrote:Woohoo! Fresh blood A newcomer!!!! :D
Back! Back! If you need to run for safety, just throw a Dole Whip out there and while all the WDW Nuts fight for it you can safely escape... :wink: :lol:
:lol: True, but that only works on those who like Dole Whips ;)

I am down to 336 hours :D I've decided to switch to hours instead of days because then it sounds like I have far more time to get everything done...right?

Epcotmaniac
Autopian Mechanic
Autopian Mechanic

Post by Epcotmaniac » Nov Sat 16, 2013 8:16 am

99 days to go!

jlpeaches255
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by jlpeaches255 » Nov Sat 16, 2013 8:19 am

Amy wrote: I am down to 336 hours :D I've decided to switch to hours instead of days because then it sounds like I have far more time to get everything done...right?

Makes sense to me!!
I printed my boarding pass and I am waiting to hear that my kids have landed safely then I will have the rest of the day to do all of the things I should have finished yesterday!!
In case you missed it, I am LEAVING IN THE MORNING!!!!! :ccat: :ccat: :ccat:

Goofyfan
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by Goofyfan » Nov Sat 16, 2013 8:43 am

Epcotmaniac wrote:99 days to go!

Can you put your :lol: :goofy: 99 days to go to the 99 bottles of beer song????

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Sat 16, 2013 11:32 am

jlpeaches255 wrote:...I printed my boarding pass and I am waiting to hear that my kids have landed safely then I will have the rest of the day to do all of the things I should have finished yesterday!!
In case you missed it, I am LEAVING IN THE MORNING!!!!! :ccat: :ccat: :ccat:
Have a safe trip! Hope you can relax and enjoy your time with your children :D
Under the 100 day mark ~ wunderbar!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Sat 16, 2013 9:21 pm

Goofyfan wrote:

Can you put your :lol: :goofy: 99 days to go to the 99 bottles of beer song????
OMG, I had the same thought!!! :lol:

Goofyfan

Post by Goofyfan » Nov Sun 17, 2013 9:19 am

I need to win powerball!!!!!! Spend a week at each resort to start....Change my address to Disney World. :D :goofy:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Sun 17, 2013 11:56 pm

2 weeks from RIGHT NOW we will be gearing up for our trip to see the Mouse! I'm getting goose bumps right now just thinking about it!!! :mrgreen: We always stay the night prior to flying out at my parents in Whiting, much closer to Midway and is helpful at dark thirty in the morning! My mom will do her usual to me and say "I just need your help to finish packing!" And in their room it looks like her suitcase threw up all over the place! So, I pack everything for her! :D I'm happy to do it too! This trip is all about her!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Mon 18, 2013 9:39 am

boilerbabe wrote:2 weeks from RIGHT NOW we will be gearing up for our trip to see the Mouse! I'm getting goose bumps right now just thinking about it!!! :mrgreen: We always stay the night prior to flying out at my parents in Whiting, much closer to Midway and is helpful at dark thirty in the morning! My mom will do her usual to me and say "I just need your help to finish packing!" And in their room it looks like her suitcase threw up all over the place! So, I pack everything for her! :D I'm happy to do it too! This trip is all about her!
That is quite a visual there b-babe :shock: :lol: I imagine y'all will have an awesome time on this trip with so much to celebrate!
13 days for me...it just doesn't seem real!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Nov Mon 18, 2013 2:16 pm

Amy wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:2 weeks from RIGHT NOW we will be gearing up for our trip to see the Mouse! I'm getting goose bumps right now just thinking about it!!! :mrgreen: We always stay the night prior to flying out at my parents in Whiting, much closer to Midway and is helpful at dark thirty in the morning! My mom will do her usual to me and say "I just need your help to finish packing!" And in their room it looks like her suitcase threw up all over the place! So, I pack everything for her! :D I'm happy to do it too! This trip is all about her!
That is quite a visual there b-babe :shock: :lol: I imagine y'all will have an awesome time on this trip with so much to celebrate!
13 days for me...it just doesn't seem real!
Hope that wasn't too much Amy?! :P

Are you and F1gment getting excited????

2 weeks from RIGHT NOW, we will already be there!!! 8-)