Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

MadEye
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler

Re: Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Post by MadEye » Dec Sat 31, 2011 9:20 am

Amy wrote:
Mousekedude wrote:Bear in mind that everything on that list is a confirmed reservation for 10-15 people (she worked hard on it...), so we really need to know which ones to keep and which to discard....h, by the way... I'm going to p.m. everyone our cell numbers so we can coordinate things on a day-to-day basis while we're there, as much as possible. A couple of the returnees from last year already have our numbers, but the rest of you should watch your p.m.'s. :wink:
Edit: I've been successfully texting many of you in the past hour or so, so it's looking good so far! :D
Y'all know about the changes to the ressies and fees for cancellations right? I'm not sure if any of the restaurants you are looking at have the cancellation fees associated with them, but you might want to double-check. You wouldn't want to have to pay out money unnecessarily!
If I'm not mistaken, every restaurant has it now and it is a $10 fee per guest. That could be over $100 depending on how many they book for. That could be more than $400 if people don't start telling the Couple what their best option is before the last 24 hours before the reservations... :shock:
We are all a little weird
And life's a little weird,
And when we find someone whose
Weirdness is compatible with ours,
We join up with them and fall in
Mutual weirdness and call it Love.”
― Dr. Seuss

Eames: Listen, if you're gonna perform INCEPTION, you need IMAGINATION.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Dec Sat 31, 2011 10:48 am

We just found out about that cx policy last night when we made ADR's at the Flying Fish. I can understand that though b/c you have people making a ton of reservations, change their minds and then don't show. That could tie things up for people that wanted to get in. We're guilty, there have been a few that we did not cx.

I texted/e-mailed with the Mouse Couple last night, so we're set! :D Can't believe how close we are to going back...where did the time go?!?!?! Looking forward to meeting those of you that are going, we will miss those of you that cannot be there. :(

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Dec Sat 31, 2011 10:50 am

MadEye wrote:
Amy wrote:
Mousekedude wrote:Bear in mind that everything on that list is a confirmed reservation for 10-15 people (she worked hard on it...), so we really need to know which ones to keep and which to discard....h, by the way... I'm going to p.m. everyone our cell numbers so we can coordinate things on a day-to-day basis while we're there, as much as possible. A couple of the returnees from last year already have our numbers, but the rest of you should watch your p.m.'s. :wink:
Edit: I've been successfully texting many of you in the past hour or so, so it's looking good so far! :D
Y'all know about the changes to the ressies and fees for cancellations right? I'm not sure if any of the restaurants you are looking at have the cancellation fees associated with them, but you might want to double-check. You wouldn't want to have to pay out money unnecessarily!
If I'm not mistaken, every restaurant has it now and it is a $10 fee per guest. That could be over $100 depending on how many they book for. That could be more than $400 if people don't start telling the Couple what their best option is before the last 24 hours before the reservations... :shock:
Well, I don't think it is at all the restaurants quite yet. The kicker is you have to cancel a full day ahead. The good thing is there are several ways to cancel. This is what I found as far as that goes:
you can cancel at any table-service restaurant podium; any resort front desk or concierge; guest relations at any theme park; online at DisneyWorld.com/Dining or by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
Here are the 19 restaurants I found that are listed as having the cancellation policy. Pretty much, it sounds like if you have to give a credit card to hold your ressie, that indicates it has the cancellation fee policy in place.

These restaurants charge $10/person: 1900 Park Fare, Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, Artist Point, California Grill, Cape May Café, Chef Mickey’s, Cítricos, The Crystal Palace, Flying Fish Café, The Garden Grill, Hollywood & Vine, Jiko – The Cooking Place, Le Cellier Steakhouse, Narcoossee’s, O’hana, Tusker House Restaurant, The Hollywood Brown Derby, Yachtsman Steakhouse

$25/person: Victoria & Albert’s

Full amount! Cinderella’s Royal Table, Disney’s Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show, Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Mickey’s Backyard BBQ

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Dec Sat 31, 2011 2:06 pm

For now I think it's only restaurants you have to reserve with a credit card that have the policy.... but I think it should be implemented all over property. You'd see why if you worked the restaurants...

One more week people!!! This is getting more and more exciting with every minute!!

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Jan Mon 02, 2012 1:44 am

Okay, it's getting down to the wire... So far, the only thing we have set in stone based on the responses we've gotten is that the big meetup will be on the Poly Beach to watch Wishes with RSDW's. By the way, we decided that the first round of DW's is on us for everyone, regardless of whether you want the rum or not! It's our way of saying "sorry" for the screw-up with the dinner. As for the other meals, so far the only one we're sure that we should keep based on the responses is the 1:050 p.m. lunch at Biergarten on Saturday the 7th. We only have one more day after this to check in here and update before we leave, so hopefully we'll get some more feedback before then. Thanks to all who've responded so far!
:goofy_bounce:

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jan Mon 02, 2012 9:37 am

Just wanted to say Happy New Years to everyone here!!! Can't wait to drive up Friday!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Jan Tue 03, 2012 11:46 am

Ok let the mayhem begin!!!! We have arrived and arrived in style. The tranfer company picked us up in a limo! What a surprise! :) We can't wait to get to the parks. I am especially looking forward to Star Tours. It was closed last year and opened just after we left. See you all soon!!!

P.S. we will post some additional meetup Info late tonight.

Mouseoholic

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jan Tue 03, 2012 12:40 pm

Mouseoholic wrote:Ok let the mayhem begin!!!! We have arrived and arrived in style. The tranfer company picked us up in a limo! What a surprise! :) We can't wait to get to the parks. I am especially looking forward to Star Tours. It was closed last year and opened just after we left. See you all soon!!!

Mouseoholic
Goodness, how exciting!!!! :D Can't wait to see you, M-dude, and everyone else on Saturday!!!!!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Tue 03, 2012 2:49 pm

Glad to hear you guys made it safe and in style, Mouse couple!!!! Looking forward to meeting everyone later this week!!!

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jan Tue 03, 2012 3:38 pm

already jealous you're there!!!! Can't wait to meet everyone!!! I may end up starting the day at Epcot since there are EMH at DHS and I am not on property. If lunch is at 1, then i figured we'd not have much time for things at the studios before leaving for Epcot, so might as well just start there and join the day at lunch!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Jan Tue 03, 2012 7:01 pm

Let the Mayhem, begin!!
Only a few more days....

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jan Tue 03, 2012 7:54 pm

Mouseoholic wrote:Ok let the mayhem begin!!!! We have arrived and arrived in style. The tranfer company picked us up in a limo! What a surprise! :) We can't wait to get to the parks. I am especially looking forward to Star Tours. It was closed last year and opened just after we left. See you all soon!!!

Mouseoholic
Wow ~ that snuck up quickly (although I am sure you don't feel that way!)
Good luck to everyone and safe travels! How I wish we could be there, but we'll be cheering you on from here in the frozen tundra!! :D

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jan Wed 04, 2012 10:40 am

I'm sure the mousecouple (and whoever else is already there) is freezing their mouse ears off this morning! I saw on the weather channel that it was in the 20's all across Florida this morning! :shock:
But it looks to be a fabulous weekend in the mid to upper 70's all weekend long!!!! :D

cy1229
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by cy1229 » Jan Wed 04, 2012 10:56 am

MmeLeota wrote:I'm sure the mousecouple (and whoever else is already there) is freezing their mouse ears off this morning! I saw on the weather channel that it was in the 20's all across Florida this morning! :shock:
But it looks to be a fabulous weekend in the mid to upper 70's all weekend long!!!! :D
All Ears indicated that many outdoor activities would be cancelled yesterday and today because of the forecast temperatures, that the lifeguards would not be on duty, and the slides would be closed. Blizzard Beach (or was it Typhoon Lagoon) is closed. BRRRR.
Polynesian 1980
All-Star Movies 2001
Pop Century 2008
Saratoga Springs 2010
Bay Lake Tower 2012
Hyatt Place Anaheim Resort/Convention Center 2015
Marriott Anaheim Suites 2016

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jan Wed 04, 2012 11:51 am

MmeLeota wrote:I'm sure the mousecouple (and whoever else is already there) is freezing their mouse ears off this morning! I saw on the weather channel that it was in the 20's all across Florida this morning! :shock:
Good Morning, everyone, this is Mindflipper here with your Disney World weather forecast from http://www.weather.com:

Jan 7
Friday
High 73
Low 50
Sky Sunny

Jan 8
Sat
High 76
Low 54
Sky Partly
Cloudy

Jan 8
Sat
High 78
Low 57
Sky Partly
Cloudy

Please remember weather forecasts so change, so please keep checking. This should help those who are still packing what they should pack in their luggage.

See ya Saturday! :mrgreen: :mickey: