Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Post by Amy » Oct Wed 26, 2011 5:14 pm

Jacca5660 wrote:Now the hard part. It's gonna take a little while to get this together, but we are going to try to be there for the weekend of the 7th. Now to work on the finances and see how much our budget will handle!! I'll keep everyone up to date.
MmeLeota wrote:
Mousekedude wrote:Triplets.... yeah..... definitely triplets.....
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Yeah, I'm thinking that too.... :roll: :lol:

This is turning into quite a group! We are so excited...it's still over 2 months, but yet it does seem to be flying by as far as getting all the details together...

Triplets?? Please nobody tell Disney!! I don't want to find out we can't be in the same park together!!! Amy's not gonna be there!! How do we get the RUM into the MK???
Hopefully you can work it all out. I haven't ruled out coming yet, but it is highly unlikely I will be able to fund another trip close to this one, especially with my niece getting married in Cali in May...not sure how that's going to work out yet either.
Don't worry, M-dude is quite adept at smuggling rum. He smuggled a whole bunch of bottles, I only smuggled two for several days after that :mrgreen:

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Oct Fri 28, 2011 7:08 am

Hey, gang. Been really busy and haven't had much of a chance to get on here and catch up on the mayhem. Mouseoholic got back from Australia last Friday, and has been very sick since her stopover in Singapore. Now she was kind enough to share it with me, so I'm miserable right now too. But we'll get on here and get all caught up soon. She did book and pay for our rooms and our flights yesterday, so progress is being made. Stand by for the official updates on schedules and stuff. As for increasing the ressies at 'Ohana, I asked her about that and she can't remember exactly how many it was made for... she'll have to call them back and check. But we will need to know exactly how many can commit to that before we know whether to increase it or not. I know some would rather just meet us on the beach afterward. So can we get a head count on who can commit to the dinner...?

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Oct Fri 28, 2011 9:32 am

Count me in for Ohana.

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Oct Fri 28, 2011 11:31 am

always wanted to eat there, not gonna pass this up, count me in!!!!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Fri 28, 2011 11:35 am

Sorry to hear the mousekecouple is under the weather :( feel better soon! If I/we can make it in January, we'll meet you for Dole Whips but skip Ohana. We tried it, we liked the company far better than the food (and the price!)

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Fri 28, 2011 2:34 pm

We've never been to Ohana before, so count us in...

Hope you guys feel better soon! We sure miss both of you on the boards!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Sat 29, 2011 3:05 pm

Pray you guys feel better!! Sorry to say I can't commit to anything yet. I will keep you posted.
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Oct Sat 29, 2011 5:36 pm

Well HELLO FELLOW MAYHEM MARAUDERS!!!!! :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: Wow being away from Subsonic for so long will teach me to leave and not check back in. It took me over an hour to catch up on this thread!!!

I went to Australia thinking I would be alone and have all the time in the world to plan my trip for January. WRONG!!!! :roll: I had no clue of the tidal wave of work that was awaiting me. I have been working 75 hours a week. UUUUGGGGG! Along the way I also met new friends and saw some beautiful sights. One of the highlights of my trip was getting stuck in Singapore for 2 days. It's a long and complicated story but I basically had an all expense paid stop over. I love Singapore. What is great is English is the national language. Everyone speaks English! This makes unexpected travel less stressful. While it is hot and humid it is beautiful. The plants love the humidity and therefore everything thrives. When I get some time I will post some pictures.
On the weekend before I left I went to Rottnest Island. This is a small island just off the cost of Western Australia. You know where the guy from Houston was eaten by a shark? I am not making light of the story, it was really sad… but I want to show how this happens all of the time there. Every week there is a news report about someone in and around Australia getting eaten by a shark. You would think it would keep people out of the water. I know it kept me out of the water.

All that being said, I am so…so……so……… glad to be home. :D I really missed my Mousekedude, family, and friends. I have to go back in December for two weeks but thankfully this will be my last trip. My only hope on this trip is that I do not get sick. It seems that I either get sick going or coming because on both trips I have caught something. On my trip over I almost landed in the hospital.
Of course coming home to my 3 dozen roses, custom Mickey and Minnie cakes along with my completed Mickey shadow box was the perfect homecoming! – Thanks Mousekedude! Xoxox

Ok, so on to business. So far it does not look like I need to change the reservation for ‘Ohana. I have reserved a table for 14. If it looks like we are going to breach that number then I will get in contact with Grand Gatherings. They will help us arrange dining for such a large group.

:arrow: MEET-UP NOTICE!!!!!!!!
BTW for those of you who are planning on dining with us for lunch and dinner I want to arrive at least 30 minutes early. Each of you will be sent an official/unofficial schedule which will indicate this. The times reserved are the best that I could do with our group size. I plan on speaking with the concierge when I arrive to see if they can accommodate us arriving 30 minutes early for lunch and dinner.
Now that I have a few free hours and some brain cells I am going to work on what I can cook up to really make things interesting

in conclusion, I am so glad MmeLeota and Jacca are going to be able to join in the fun!

Mouseoholic!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Oct Sat 29, 2011 7:43 pm

Yay for you being back and somewhat caught up :D I'm looking forward to the photos from Singapore ~ it sounds all tropical and lovely :D
You certainly were a lucky lady to come home to all those nice surprises from M-dude! The cupcakes looked amazing, but we're all curious...how did they taste?!
Maybe you want to check into some sort of a face mask for your travel in December. Not sure how that would work on a plane with security and all, but it would help cut down on the germs you are being exposed to for such a long flight!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Oct Sat 29, 2011 9:04 pm

Welcome back Mouseoholic!!! We missed you around here!

Jacca5660
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Jacca5660 » Oct Sun 30, 2011 8:38 am

boilerbabe wrote:Welcome back Mouseoholic!!! We missed you around here!
I concur!!! You were missed very much!! I think we could all tell how much DUDE missed you. That man truly loves you!! Sorry to hear you got so sick, it seems like you had quite the adventure. We are really gonna need to see pictures. I for one would love to hear about the food!!
"Our dreams can come true - if we have the courage to pursue them" WED

"There's a fine prow on that steamer, let's climb aboard her!" Fireside

"You're off the map mateys..Here there be SeaMonsters!!"

The original "LICENSE MAYHEM MARAUDER!!ImageImage

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Oct Sun 30, 2011 2:11 pm

So glad to see you back on the boards Mouseoholic! We are so excited to be joining you guys for dinner at Ohana! What's the plan for lunch that day? I know there was talk about Biergarten, but I wasn't sure if that was set or not...I'm not sure of our dining situation yet so we may only join you for dinner/DWs on the beach...we'll see.

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Oct Mon 31, 2011 1:59 am

Thanks everyone!

MmeLeota yes lunch is at Biergarten. Not sure how many will be joining but if we have a good crowd it will be a hoot. We can get the band to give a shout out to us! That would be hilarious :goofy_bounce: there will even be a chance to dance :). If you have never eaten there it is a must do. We try to at least eat here once or even twice on each trip. But then again I am part German :roll:

Mouseoholic!

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Nov Tue 01, 2011 7:13 pm

SOOOOOO glad you are back!!

You can count on Mrs. Wewantsdaredhead and me attending the Ohana meetup and festivities afterward.
(Oh..and she's a blonde btw :) )
I am really looking forward to meeting everyone. This thing just keeps getting bigger and better!

We will be running the race Saturday morning, so I will only be able to make the dinner.
I have been training hard and I feel great!

See you in 2 months!!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Nov Tue 01, 2011 9:15 pm

wewantsdaredhead wrote:SOOOOOO glad you are back!!

You can count on Mrs. Wewantsdaredhead and me attending the Ohana meetup and festivities afterward.
(Oh..and she's a blonde btw :) )
I am really looking forward to meeting everyone. This thing just keeps getting bigger and better!

We will be running the race Saturday morning, so I will only be able to make the dinner.
I have been training hard and I feel great!

See you in 2 months!!!
Speaking of people we haven't seen in a while :shock: How you been Henry?!
Glad to hear training is going well :D Are the boys joining you in running?! :lol: Yeah, I think I already know the answer to that one :roll: