I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Re: I have only ......... days/months till I go again.

Post by NaCler » Aug Mon 29, 2011 8:50 pm

MmeLeota - Yes ma'am. This will be my first time since May. Although, I'm currently planning on making up for lost time. Trip in 11 days, then possibly twice in October, hopefully in November (meetup with Amy & F1gment???) and early December to meet the Admin of Subsonic. Then, of course the Mayhem Marauders meet in January. I hope they all pan out.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Mon 29, 2011 9:15 pm

NaCler wrote:MmeLeota - Yes ma'am. This will be my first time since May. Although, I'm currently planning on making up for lost time. Trip in 11 days, then possibly twice in October, hopefully in November (meetup with Amy & F1gment???) and early December to meet the Admin of Subsonic. Then, of course the Mayhem Marauders meet in January. I hope they all pan out.
Wow ~ we're going to be mighty envious of all those trips if you can make them all! If you warm up that job market some down there, I might be joining the fray! :D

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Tue 30, 2011 11:44 am

The way things look now, I have 72 hours and I'm leaving. :D Probably going for a quickie trip this weekend before the semester starts.

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Aug Tue 30, 2011 2:53 pm

130 days until my next Disney Vacation! Has anyone been around the week between the Marathon and MLK Day? How are the crowds?

I cannot wait ! Great timing to have something fantastic to look forward to after the holiday season is over!
:mickey:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Tue 30, 2011 7:01 pm

NaCler wrote:MmeLeota - Yes ma'am. This will be my first time since May. Although, I'm currently planning on making up for lost time. Trip in 11 days, then possibly twice in October, hopefully in November (meetup with Amy & F1gment???) and early December to meet the Admin of Subsonic. Then, of course the Mayhem Marauders meet in January. I hope they all pan out.
Wow! You've got all kinds of fun in store!!! Nice to be so close to the mouse, eh? ;) I hope all of the trips pan out for you!!!
Belle1082 wrote:130 days until my next Disney Vacation! Has anyone been around the week between the Marathon and MLK Day? How are the crowds?

I cannot wait ! Great timing to have something fantastic to look forward to after the holiday season is over!

I can't speak to the crowd levels, but it sounds like you may be in the area when a whole bunch of fellow Subbers will be as well!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Aug Tue 30, 2011 7:32 pm

Belle1082 wrote:130 days until my next Disney Vacation! Has anyone been around the week between the Marathon and MLK Day? How are the crowds?

You've picked a great time! I was there this year when I was on my internship and it was DEAD. Seriously.

Scratch that, going NEXT weekend... the flight is $30 cheaper via Southwest next week, unless anyone knows a place where I can get something incredibly cheap.

Belle1082
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Belle1082 » Aug Wed 31, 2011 10:36 am

That is so great to hear! Last time I was there was December 2010 - that was the week when Orlando reached some of its lowest temps EVER! We were FREEZING! And even though we are going in January this year (Jan 8 - 16, 2012), we are hoping it won't be quite as cold!

I'm hoping for short lines and long days at the parks!

Who all is going to be there around that time? What meet-ups are happening??

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Aug Wed 31, 2011 11:30 am

Check out this topic for more info on who will be there and when...
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7257

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Sep Thu 01, 2011 11:46 am

Belle1082 wrote:That is so great to hear! Last time I was there was December 2010 - that was the week when Orlando reached some of its lowest temps EVER! We were FREEZING! And even though we are going in January this year (Jan 8 - 16, 2012), we are hoping it won't be quite as cold!

I'm hoping for short lines and long days at the parks!

Who all is going to be there around that time? What meet-ups are happening??
Wow, you were probably there when we were! A whole gaggle of Subsonicers were there at the same time (we call ourselves the "Mayhem Marauders"). :lol:
Here's a link to our mutual trip report. It would be well worth your time to read through it and check out all the adventures and pictures. You may even see yourself in some of them by accident!
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6756

MmeLeota, thanks for posting the link to our upcoming January trip! :D Belle1082, maybe you can join us...?

Polynesian Princess
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes Guide

Post by Polynesian Princess » Sep Thu 01, 2011 8:55 pm

37 days! Getting under 40 days always makes it seem so much closer because I associate the 30's with 1 month, as opposed to the 40's which feel closer to 2 months.
Can't wait to take my twin boys on their first trip to Walt Disney World! Planning on heading there sometime Feb-May 2014!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Sep Thu 01, 2011 11:34 pm

Okay just booked.... so one week to go!! One night at All Stars Movies then with my friends the rest of the time. The 9th-13th. NaCler, I think we're overlapping! :)

As for Magical Express, how does that work and how long does it take? My flight gets in at 8.45pm so I hope it isn't too late getting back to the resort.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Sep Fri 02, 2011 6:37 am

Soarin08 wrote:Okay just booked.... so one week to go!! One night at All Stars Movies then with my friends the rest of the time. The 9th-13th. NaCler, I think we're overlapping! :)

As for Magical Express, how does that work and how long does it take? My flight gets in at 8.45pm so I hope it isn't too late getting back to the resort.
Wow ~ you're going back already! Yay for you :D
You'll see signs for Magical Express at the airport. When we went we waited for over an hour for our bus but I've seen in all the others' trip reports most people have simply walked right onto the bus. I hope that is the case for you. I can't remember how long it took, maybe 30-45 minutes. All depends on traffic I think. Hopefully you can get in for some fireworks at least!
Are you going to the Night of Joy too?

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Sep Sat 03, 2011 12:29 am

Amy wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:Okay just booked.... so one week to go!! One night at All Stars Movies then with my friends the rest of the time. The 9th-13th. NaCler, I think we're overlapping! :)

Wow ~ you're going back already! Yay for you :D
You'll see signs for Magical Express at the airport. When we went we waited for over an hour for our bus but I've seen in all the others' trip reports most people have simply walked right onto the bus. I hope that is the case for you. I can't remember how long it took, maybe 30-45 minutes. All depends on traffic I think. Hopefully you can get in for some fireworks at least!
Are you going to the Night of Joy too?
Okay, good, I'm not too worried, but just wanted to check.

Ummm, no, definitely not on Night of Joy. I don't like that kind of music and anything like that makes me uncomfortable so yeah.... I'm not big on contemporary Christian anything, no offense to anyone here who is. :? I'll be at Hollywood Studios that night.

NaCler

Post by NaCler » Sep Sat 03, 2011 11:10 pm

Soarin08 wrote:Ummm, no, definitely not on Night of Joy. I don't like that kind of music and anything like that makes me uncomfortable so yeah.... I'm not big on contemporary Christian anything, no offense to anyone here who is. :? I'll be at Hollywood Studios that night.
No offense taken here. Either you like that type of music or not, no big deal. I'm sure you here enough of that type of stuff at school anyways.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Sep Mon 05, 2011 2:51 am

NaCler wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:Ummm, no, definitely not on Night of Joy. I don't like that kind of music and anything like that makes me uncomfortable so yeah.... I'm not big on contemporary Christian anything, no offense to anyone here who is. :? I'll be at Hollywood Studios that night.
No offense taken here. Either you like that type of music or not, no big deal. I'm sure you here enough of that type of stuff at school anyways.
Exactly... too much of a lot of things here at this university. :roll: