Very First SOLO Trip... aka Official Vacation 7

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Re: Very First SOLO Trip... aka Official Vacation 7

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Tue 19, 2011 6:16 pm

By the way, decided to take the Mac so I'll work on the trip report in Microsoft Word while I'm down. I can do it each evening after I get back so I won't forget the details you guys need to know. :wink:

I hope there is free wifi in the Salt Lake airport so I can be on with you guys tomorrow night as I chill and wait for my plane... gonna be a loooong night.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 19, 2011 6:27 pm

Soarin08 wrote:By the way, decided to take the Mac so I'll work on the trip report in Microsoft Word while I'm down. I can do it each evening after I get back so I won't forget the details you guys need to know. :wink:

I hope there is free wifi in the Salt Lake airport so I can be on with you guys tomorrow night as I chill and wait for my plane... gonna be a loooong night.
Good luck with that whole reporting at night thing. You should just jot down a few notes as you go. Spend your time at the parks enjoying every minute you can. You aren't going to want to stay up when you get back to the hotel in the wee hours writing your report. Don't get me wrong, we would love to have it as it happens, but you should enjoy your trip. The report will wait until you're back. I used the notes app on my iphone to sort of keep track of our days. Even then, when I went back through pictures there were things we had done that I had forgotten about.
I hope for free wifi for you at the airport too!!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Tue 19, 2011 9:06 pm

Amy wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:By the way, decided to take the Mac so I'll work on the trip report in Microsoft Word while I'm down. I can do it each evening after I get back so I won't forget the details you guys need to know. :wink:

Good luck with that whole reporting at night thing. You should just jot down a few notes as you go. Spend your time at the parks enjoying every minute you can. You aren't going to want to stay up when you get back to the hotel in the wee hours writing your report. Don't get me wrong, we would love to have it as it happens, but you should enjoy your trip. The report will wait until you're back. I used the notes app on my iphone to sort of keep track of our days. Even then, when I went back through pictures there were things we had done that I had forgotten about.
I hope for free wifi for you at the airport too!!
I wouldn't give it as it happens, because I'm sure not paying that $9.95 for wifi in the room to get on here!! :shock: I figured I'd just spend a few minutes and outline in Word each night so I can copy/paste whenever the time comes to post. I tend to forget things... especially when I am distracted. :wink:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Tue 19, 2011 10:20 pm

Don't blame you on not paying for the wi-fi; I have a verizon internet that I can take with me anywhere...

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Jul Wed 20, 2011 7:00 am

Oh Boy! Trip Day! ImageImageImage
Have fun!
Mouseoholic!

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jul Wed 20, 2011 8:29 am

I just realized you don't live in Orlando? Do you work at a Disney Store? Or Seasonal Cast Member? Have a great trip!!! We're missing each other by 9 days!!!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Wed 20, 2011 10:41 am

yodiwan1 wrote:I just realized you don't live in Orlando? Do you work at a Disney Store? Or Seasonal Cast Member? Have a great trip!!! We're missing each other by 9 days!!!
I am seasonal in attractions. :) So I still keep all my CM benefits without having to live there.

Leaving in less than 7 hours!!!!! And I did print my boarding pass.

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jul Wed 20, 2011 10:46 am

have a great trip!!!! Can't wait to hear about it!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Len90 » Jul Wed 20, 2011 10:47 am

mindflipper wrote:Len90: but Mark's been here on Subsonic, so I know he knows. If your mom knows too, then does that leave your dad as being the uninformed member of the family?
The four of us know. It's the extended family that have no idea we are going. Right now they think we're pricing out options :lol:

Soarin': I can't believe trip day is pretty much here already! Hope you have an amazing trip and we all look forward to your trip report and pictures after you come back.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Wed 20, 2011 11:19 am

Len90 wrote:
mindflipper wrote:Len90: but Mark's been here on Subsonic, so I know he knows. If your mom knows too, then does that leave your dad as being the uninformed member of the family?
The four of us know. It's the extended family that have no idea we are going. Right now they think we're pricing out options :lol:
Len90: It seems like in the past you have kept your family vacations to your immediate family anyhow??

Soarin08: You're almost there! No more worries about Slow Time now!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Wed 20, 2011 11:51 am

Actually today is always the slowest of slow time... you know how that works. The anticipation makes time freeze.

One final down, two more to go!! Then I leave!!

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Wed 20, 2011 2:10 pm

Soarin08 wrote:Actually today is always the slowest of slow time... you know how that works. The anticipation makes time freeze.

Good luck on the last two finals! Have a great time :D

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Wed 20, 2011 2:15 pm

Amy wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:Actually today is always the slowest of slow time... you know how that works. The anticipation makes time freeze.

Bs on both!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: So happy, I studied my butt off for those... one more down!! Leaving in 3 hours!

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Jul Wed 20, 2011 2:55 pm

Soarin08 wrote:
Amy wrote:

Bs on both!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: So happy, I studied my butt off for those... one more down!! Leaving in 3 hours!
3 hours??!!! Awesome!
Have a great time--don't forget to write and tell us all about "you-know-who" ;)
:mrgreen:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Wed 20, 2011 3:08 pm

Have a blast!!!! :goofy_bounce: