Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Re: Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Jul Tue 19, 2011 10:31 am

Mouseoholic wrote:
wewantsdaredhead wrote:Survey completed...

Yes, my lovely wife and I are running in the half-marathon Saturday AM, but I believe we will be able to make it Saturday evening for dinner and Dole Whips.
I have never run in any kind of race, but from what everyone is telling us, the more we do that night, the better we will feel on Sunday. Plus...how could we turn down Dole Whips with friends!!!???
This is really getting exciting---thanks to everyone who got this started last year and now for taking it to the next level...it seems that this year's meetup will be even bigger!
I missed last year's by about a week---but not the next one! Count me in.
Welcome aboard! We are so glad you and your wife are going to be able to make it. It does look like we are really going to have a good turnout.

So I have a very silly question which will no doubt create some mayhem but does your wife have red hair? :lol: Sorry I have to ask...

Mouseoholic!
Wellllll....
No she isn't a redhead. LOL
How I picked that was because of listening to a (rather cruddy) website (pre-subsonic days) that repeated the PotC Float-thru many, many times through the day. That phrase just stuck with me and it must have been in my head when I registered for this site.
I have a standard one I use for other websites, but it just didn't fit this time ;)
She proabbly just thinks I use my "other" one--honestly, she just leaves the Disney to me :)
Which is how I like it :lol:

And to see a picture of her (and Me) check out my trip report from last Christmas ...

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Jul Tue 19, 2011 10:44 am

I will have to go check it out.

BTW someone asked I think Nacler if all of what I have listed for HS can be done. It can if we get there early for EMHM and because the crowds are going to be low. I think it is going to be a 3 out of 10 day. The only thing I am not sure of is how the lack of Fantasmic! shows is going to affect touring. I plan on calling into one of the podcasts I listen to and see what they have to say. "HENRY!!!!" :D For those of you who listen to WDW Today you will get that joke. :lol: :lol:

Mouseoholic!

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jul Tue 19, 2011 11:00 am

I just started listening to wdw today, LOVE IT!! I just heard our pal Andy from England on one of the live shows! lol How do you tune in for a live show btw?
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Jul Tue 19, 2011 11:49 am

They will post the call in number, a link to listen and join the live chat on their web page. It is cool because they have web cams and you can generally see Matt and Mike Newell. They both have cats that make an occasional appearance. We have not joined in a live show for a while but probably will soon. I want to ask my question about Fantasmic! I have called in and got on the show once. Also if you listen to the Reunion 09 episode you will hear Mousekedude. He makes the joke about Lens missing sock. I believe you can also join in on Mouseworld Radio (mouseworldradio.com).

I think they are the best podcast out there. Henry Works now is a member and he is the mega-mind and professional statistician. He keeps up with all of the ride wait times on Touringplans.com. Len Testa is hilarious too. I just love it when he tells stories.
Mouseoholic!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Tue 19, 2011 12:36 pm

Soarin08, your generosity made me misty-eyed! How amazing this group of fellow Disney fanatics is!!!! Though I am not 100% sure if we can go yet (I'm about 86% though ;) ), Biergarten sounds great! I've never been there. Count me with those not joining on ToT though, I'll join for at least 1 ride on RnR (probably all I'll be able to handle)...
Mouseoholic, the plans for Saturday sound great so far! Especially the EMH since we've never been able to participate in that before.
Hope you're feeling better M-dude!!! :D

EDIT: Though we're still up in the air (and our arms are getting tired...*groan* :roll: ) I went ahead and completed the survey anyway. :D

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Tue 19, 2011 3:37 pm

MmeLeota wrote:Soarin08, your generosity made me misty-eyed! How amazing this group of fellow Disney fanatics is!!!! Though I am not 100% sure if we can go yet (I'm about 86% though ;) ), Biergarten sounds great! I've never been there. Count me with those not joining on ToT though, I'll join for at least 1 ride on RnR (probably all I'll be able to handle)...
Mouseoholic, the plans for Saturday sound great so far! Especially the EMH since we've never been able to participate in that before.

EDIT: Though we're still up in the air (and our arms are getting tired...*groan* :roll: ) I went ahead and completed the survey anyway. :D
Anything we can do to help you get the other 14% through? :wink: :mrgreen: :mickey:

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Tue 19, 2011 6:01 pm

mindflipper wrote:
MmeLeota wrote:Soarin08, your generosity made me misty-eyed! How amazing this group of fellow Disney fanatics is!!!! Though I am not 100% sure if we can go yet (I'm about 86% though ;) ), Biergarten sounds great! I've never been there. Count me with those not joining on ToT though, I'll join for at least 1 ride on RnR (probably all I'll be able to handle)...

Anything we can do to help you get the other 14% through? :wink: :mrgreen: :mickey:
:lol: I wish...it's just a matter of patience right now. We have to clear some hurdles first.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Tue 19, 2011 6:07 pm

Aww! And the fact it made you misty-eyed made ME misty-eyed! :) Good I won't be alone as everyone rides ToT!

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jul Tue 19, 2011 6:10 pm

Don't they take your picture on ToT? It would be nice to have a MM ToT pic of everyone!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Tue 19, 2011 6:13 pm

ToT is the one thing, next to anything that spins, I can't do. I'm serious. It actually made me sick when I rode it. I have vertigo REALLY bad so anything extreme like that usually gets to me.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Tue 19, 2011 6:16 pm

NaCler wrote:Don't they take your picture on ToT? It would be nice to have a MM ToT pic of everyone!
Mousekedude and Mouseoholic are more than welcome to take my cardboard cut out from last year on the ride with them...but the real-live mmeleota (:lol: ;) ) will wait for them at the exit! (along with Soarin08!)

Soarin, I'm the same way...I can go on RnR, but only once and usually have to hold up the wall for a few minutes...equilibrium issues (I "might" try EE, but we'll just have to wait and see)

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Tue 19, 2011 6:17 pm

NaCler wrote:Don't they take your picture on ToT? It would be nice to have a MM ToT pic of everyone!
Yeah ~ that would be very cool :cool:

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Tue 19, 2011 6:19 pm

Warning about EE, the backwards part (SPOILER) is a bit intense. I can only ride it once, maybe twice in a row before I get to feeling ill. It's too rough for me. I think I handle R&R better because, while wild in the beginning, it is a lot smoother.

This also explains why there is no way in heck I will ever be able to get on orange team Mission: Space. I have vestibular vertigo, which is also tied to my chronic migraines. UGH.

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Tue 19, 2011 6:24 pm

Soarin08 wrote:Warning about EE, the backwards part (SPOILER) is a bit intense. I can only ride it once, maybe twice in a row before I get to feeling ill. It's too rough for me. I think I handle R&R better because, while wild in the beginning, it is a lot smoother.

This also explains why there is no way in heck I will ever be able to get on orange team Mission: Space. I have vestibular vertigo, which is also tied to my chronic migraines. UGH.
That's why I'm not sure about EE. I have issues when switching directions like that. Upside down is no good, but I survived RnR...even if I had to wait a few minutes before moving on. As far as Mission: Space goes, orange team definitely not....maybe green team...but I'm concerned about claustrophobia.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Tue 19, 2011 6:25 pm

MmeLeota wrote:
Soarin08 wrote:Warning about EE, the backwards part (SPOILER) is a bit intense. I can only ride it once, maybe twice in a row before I get to feeling ill. It's too rough for me. I think I handle R&R better because, while wild in the beginning, it is a lot smoother.

That's why I'm not sure about EE. I have issues when switching directions like that. Upside down is no good, but I survived RnR...even if I had to wait a few minutes before moving on. As far as Mission: Space goes, orange team definitely not....maybe green team...but I'm concerned about claustrophobia.
I am horribly claustrophobic as well, hence why I avoided even green team for a long time, but once I did it, it wasn't bad at all. The key is to just keep focused on the screen in front of you- I found it adds depth for me and keeps me from feeling like I'm boxed into that tight space.