Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Re: Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Post by Mouseoholic » Jul Mon 18, 2011 8:27 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:Well everyone, it seems Soarin' wasn't joking and I'm going to be coming up for the weekend!!!! I will drive up after work on Friday and stay with my friend. If my wife comes up, she will spend the day with them while I hang out with all of you!!! Honestly, this is a dream come true for me. I don't want to sound emotional or anything, but I have never been able to go to the parks with anyone as enthusiastic as I am about WDW. Even when I worked there, I never met anyone with as much passion for Disney as I have found in this community. I am honored that you all even want me there. At work I get made fun of everyday for playing Subsonic, or looking through my pictures. It will feel great to be amongst my own people! I know my handle here is Yodiwan1, but you may also call me Jarett.(my real name). Even though I am heading up at the end of the month, I really can't wait for my next trip after that...with all of you!
So glad you are coming. Thanks to Soarin08!!!!I am not much for social media but I love this site and the people on it. The whole Disney/Subsonic experience is even better in person. You will make life long friends. Welcome aboard! :wave:

Is it safe to assume that you will be driving back on Sunday morning or will you be able to join us on Sunday too? No pressure. I am just trying to plan out the the weekend and want to keep everyones comments in the survey in mind.

Mouseoholic!
Last edited by Mouseoholic on Jul Mon 18, 2011 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Jul Mon 18, 2011 8:41 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:Well everyone, it seems Soarin' wasn't joking and I'm going to be coming up for the weekend!!!! I will drive up after work on Friday and stay with my friend. If my wife comes up, she will spend the day with them while I hang out with all of you!!! Honestly, this is a dream come true for me. I don't want to sound emotional or anything, but I have never been able to go to the parks with anyone as enthusiastic as I am about WDW. Even when I worked there, I never met anyone with as much passion for Disney as I have found in this community. I am honored that you all even want me there. At work I get made fun of everyday for playing Subsonic, or looking through my pictures. It will feel great to be amongst my own people! I know my handle here is Yodiwan1, but you may also call me Jarett.(my real name). Even though I am heading up at the end of the month, I really can't wait for my next trip after that...with all of you!
Awwwwww..... gawrsh.... I'm gonna cry.... :(

No, seriously, Dude.... I got choked up when I read this post. All I can say is, welcome to the Mayhem Marauders... we've been expecting you! :D As you no-doubt have already discerned, this is probably the most awesome, loving, dedicated, loyal, and fun "Disney family" out there! Speaking for myself and Mouseoholic, we are truly honored and blessed to not only have discovered this amazing group... but to also have been accepted and embraced by them! We have met some folks here who will truly be lifelong friends. I can't wait to meet you in person... I can tell already that you will bond right away with me and all of the M.M's! Can't wait for January!
:goofy: :donald: :ariel: :mickey: :goofy_bounce: :ccat: :nemo: :peter_pan: :minnie: :mickey3: :pluto: :wave: :hatter_bounce: :figment: :mickey2: :mrgreen:
Last edited by Mousekedude on Jul Mon 18, 2011 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jul Mon 18, 2011 8:45 pm

TO be honest, I have no plans for Sunday. I usually drive back around 3-4 o'clock. I haven't thought that far ahead yet! lol I guess it depends on a)if my wife comes b)if she does, what will she be doing, c) Would you all be in the park or not in the park? lol If you did breakfast not in a park, I could at least meet up for that!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Mon 18, 2011 8:57 pm

:) Cannot wait to meet you!! And everyone else!!! It's going to be so much fun. There is nothing like being at Disney with others as passionate as we are. I mean, going with my family is nice because they like it, but they don't love it like we do!! :ccat:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Mon 18, 2011 9:03 pm

I was thinking about sticking around for Sunday and drive back late...

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Jul Mon 18, 2011 9:25 pm

Ok, so here is what I have so far but please keep in mind this is preliminary. The vast majority said they wanted to tour Epcot and Hollywood Studios. However, some of those who said EP and HS are also running the marathon on Saturday or are not available on either of those days in the morning. So in order to take into consideration everyones comments as best as possible, here is what I have so far....

SATURDAY, JANUARY 7TH 2012
Hollywood Studios EMHM
8:00 a.m. - 11:30
1 Person Runs for FP of TSMM
Ride Star Tours
R&R
ToT
R&R :lol:
FP TSMM
R&R :wink:

Lunch (Either HS or EP; Biergarten would be fun but I know some may be on a budget. Please PM me your preference.)

TRANSFER TO EPCOT
1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Then transfer to Poly for dinner. ADR is for 7:45, but we want to arrive early and hope we can get in. Last year we were late for Wishes.
Wishes 9:00 p.m. with Rum Spiked Dole Whips

SUNDAY, JANUARY 8TH 2012
Magic Kingdom - Rope Drop
9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.

Hollywood Studios
1:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Magic Kingdom Extra Magic Hours
8:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.

Lunch and Dinner somewhere in between there.

As far as the meals go, that is optional... except for Ohana :wink: I know everyone has their own preference as far as where they like to eat. We are big foodies and love to eat at sit down resturants. However, at MK I also love Casey's Corner and Cosmic Ray's. :lol:

What we did last year was set up rallying points at each park for certain times. We know everyone will have rides they want to ride, and things they want to do with other family and friends who may be with them. You are by no means obligated to spend the entire day with us. However, if you know where we will be around a certain time you can break off from your other group and join back up with us if you want. It worked out well last year.

Yodiwan1, we could meet you for breakfast on Sunday morning but it would have to be early. If no one wants to go to MK, then we have all morning. If you can't or don't want to enter a park to eat, then we could eat at Chef Mickey's or Kona Cafe, etc...You choose.

Mouseoholic!
Last edited by Mouseoholic on Jul Mon 18, 2011 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Mon 18, 2011 9:27 pm

Schedule looks fab but you can count me out of ToT! It made me sick so no more. :shock:

Can you imagine us at Biergarten?? If everyone would be willing to pool together and pay with cash I could use one of my discount holiday coupons for any meal. You have to pay cash though, I cannot use my CM discounts on other people's credit cards.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 18, 2011 9:39 pm

Wow ~ that is a lot of rides on R&R Mouseoholic :shock: Have you tried that one yet?!
Oh, it's sounding like so much fun!! Keeping my fingers crossed that somehow it works out for us to go too :D

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Mon 18, 2011 9:43 pm

Amy wrote:Wow ~ that is a lot of rides on R&R Mouseoholic :shock: Have you tried that one yet?!
Oh, it's sounding like so much fun!! Keeping my fingers crossed that somehow it works out for us to go too :D
My record for R&R is eight in a row, Mouseoholic's numbers are a piece of cake. :mrgreen:

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Mon 18, 2011 9:47 pm

Can all of that be done in that time at DHS??

NaCler
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter
Country Bear Jamboree Greeter

Post by NaCler » Jul Mon 18, 2011 9:53 pm

Survey done here. Should be no problem with Sat & Sun. Hoping to have an AP by then so it doesn't matter what park. I really think it would be fun to tour EPCOT with all of you. Group photo with DUFFY anyone??? ;)

yodiwan1

Post by yodiwan1 » Jul Mon 18, 2011 9:58 pm

ok, quickl question. Since I will not be staying at a hotel, is there any chance for me to still get in with everyone for EMH that morning?? As for the lunch prefernce, I say Epcot, many more options. And while you do R&R a few times, I may have to stray and do Star Tours another time, R7R finally knocked me out last visit, lol.
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Mon 18, 2011 10:13 pm

yodiwan1 wrote:ok, quickl question. Since I will not be staying at a hotel, is there any chance for me to still get in with everyone for EMH that morning?? As for the lunch prefernce, I say Epcot, many more options. And while you do R&R a few times, I may have to stray and do Star Tours another time, R7R finally knocked me out last visit, lol.
I don't think so... I won't be at a hotel either so I'm not going to worry about it, personally. I'll be about a 20 minute drive away so I'll be taking my time. :)

I agree on Epcot, plus... it's Epcot. :mrgreen:

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Mon 18, 2011 10:39 pm

WOW! This is so exciting!!! I can't wait to meet new fellow Subers! Thank you for the welcome back Mmleota!!!

We will be available Sat. and Sun. evening! So, I'm sure we can find everyone and join in the Mayhem!!! I know I will need a rest after 13.1 miles of fun!

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Jul Tue 19, 2011 5:23 am

Soarin08 wrote:Schedule looks fab but you can count me out of ToT! It made me sick so no more. :shock:

Can you imagine us at Biergarten?? If everyone would be willing to pool together and pay with cash I could use one of my discount holiday coupons for any meal. You have to pay cash though, I cannot use my CM discounts on other people's credit cards.
I am in and can pay cash. Biergarten is awesome especially for groups :goofy_bounce: :ccat: . I love the food but then again I am part German. :wink: We can get them to make a special announcement about our meet-up. :wave: :wave: I am almost sure they will. They do it each year for our Anniversary. Another factor is that usually you have to eat with strangers. If we all go together then we get to eat with friends. I love eating there but eating with people you do not know is strange and not very relaxing. There have been times where we just made a request to eat alone. They frown on that but since it was our Anniversary, they gave in.

If anyone is especially opposed to this restaurant choice, PM me.
yodiwan1 wrote:ok, quickl question. Since I will not be staying at a hotel, is there any chance for me to still get in with everyone for EMH that morning?? As for the lunch prefernce, I say Epcot, many more options. And while you do R&R a few times, I may have to stray and do Star Tours another time, R7R finally knocked me out last visit, lol.
Ok, so don't worry about EMH, we will cut out one of the R&R's :wink: :lol: and make room to do Star Tours again when you ge there. We will give both you and Soarin08 our cell numbers so you can catch up with us. The crowd level is going to be very low so I think as far as touring goes we will be fine.

Amy, yes I have ridden R&R. It was my favorite ride until I rode EE. I love them both. Now ToT, that is another story. I have never ridden that one. It will be interesting.
Mouseoholic!