Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: Mayhem Marauders Meet-up Part Deux!

Post by mindflipper » Jul Sun 17, 2011 5:42 pm

Amy wrote:I have taken the survey too, but I don't know if I or F1gment will be able to join in quite yet...
We've got our fingers crossed that you can make it...

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Jul Sun 17, 2011 6:21 pm

Amy wrote:I have taken the survey too, but I don't know if I or F1gment will be able to join in quite yet...
Oh! I really hope you can. It just would not be the same without you.

OMG was that B-babe I saw post? :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
Glad to have you back!
Mouseoholic!

wewantsdaredhead
Snow White's Adventures Gem Miner

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Jul Mon 18, 2011 5:54 am

Survey completed...

Yes, my lovely wife and I are running in the half-marathon Saturday AM, but I believe we will be able to make it Saturday evening for dinner and Dole Whips.
I have never run in any kind of race, but from what everyone is telling us, the more we do that night, the better we will feel on Sunday. Plus...how could we turn down Dole Whips with friends!!!???
This is really getting exciting---thanks to everyone who got this started last year and now for taking it to the next level...it seems that this year's meetup will be even bigger!
I missed last year's by about a week---but not the next one! Count me in.

Mousekedude
Haunted Mansion Butler
Haunted Mansion Butler
Location: At Serenity Bay, on Castaway Cay again... I wish... :(

Post by Mousekedude » Jul Mon 18, 2011 6:51 am

This is getting so exciting! :goofy_bounce:
It's great to see everyone getting into the spirit, and I'm really thrilled that so many are able to go so far! Here's hoping for even more! :D

On another note, I've been sick for over a week, but am now feeling quite a bit better. So I officially started my training for the 5k this morning. We moved into a new building at work recently, and it has showers, so I was able to get here early and go walking/jogging and then shower and get dressed for work. It worked out great, so I'm going to try and do that every day if I can. Who knows... If I get in good enough shape, quickly enough, I may consider signing up for the half too! :mrgreen:

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Jul Mon 18, 2011 7:10 am

Mousekedude wrote:This is getting so exciting! :goofy_bounce:
It's great to see everyone getting into the spirit, and I'm really thrilled that so many are able to go so far! Here's hoping for even more! :D

On another note, I've been sick for over a week, but am now feeling quite a bit better. So I officially started my training for the 5k this morning. We moved into a new building at work recently, and it has showers, so I was able to get here early and go walking/jogging and then shower and get dressed for work. It worked out great, so I'm going to try and do that every day if I can. Who knows... If I get in good enough shape, quickly enough, I may consider signing up for the half too! :mrgreen:
That is great that you can workout and get ready right at work! Makes it easier when it is convenient I bet :D
Hope your sickness is all behind you so you can get all your training in. The double-boilers would probably love it if you ran the half!

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Jul Mon 18, 2011 8:06 am

Amy wrote:

That is great that you can workout and get ready right at work! Makes it easier when it is convenient I bet :D
Hope your sickness is all behind you so you can get all your training in. The double-boilers would probably love it if you ran the half!
That sounds awesome--its just too hot for me to run at lunch--I like training in the evenings.

I would love it also if you ran the half--we could have an entire SubSonic group representin`.

:)

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Mon 18, 2011 9:21 am

wewantsdaredhead wrote:I missed last year's by about a week---but not the next one! Count me in.
And the group is getting larger! Finally get to meet WWDRH! See ya there, H!

wewantsdaredhead

Post by wewantsdaredhead » Jul Mon 18, 2011 9:26 am

mindflipper wrote:
wewantsdaredhead wrote:I missed last year's by about a week---but not the next one! Count me in.
And the group is getting larger! Finally get to meet WWDRH! See ya there, H!
You sure will!
:D

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Jul Mon 18, 2011 10:15 am

This is awesome!!! We need to get all Subers together at the finish area for a group photo! :D

Nice job on starting your training M-dude!

Soarin08
Skyway Loader
Skyway Loader

Post by Soarin08 » Jul Mon 18, 2011 1:51 pm

Ack! Hope you're feeling better!!!

I'm excited too! Just more things to look forward to, and what a fab way to start off the new year!

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Jul Mon 18, 2011 1:54 pm

boilerbabe wrote:This is awesome!!! We need to get all Subers together at the finish area for a group photo! :D

Nice job on starting your training M-dude!
I will take the photo! I don't think there is any way in #x! I will be able to run a 1/2 marathon. I am willing to try but let's just add me down as the official photographer for now. :roll:

Mouseoholic!

MmeLeota
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by MmeLeota » Jul Mon 18, 2011 4:48 pm

Welcome back Boilerbabe!!! We've sure missed you around here!

We still can't be 100% sure if we're going to be able to pull this off, but we are really trying to since so much mayhem in one place would be horrible to miss out on!!! :shock: ;)

Mouseoholic
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by Mouseoholic » Jul Mon 18, 2011 7:54 pm

wewantsdaredhead wrote:Survey completed...

Yes, my lovely wife and I are running in the half-marathon Saturday AM, but I believe we will be able to make it Saturday evening for dinner and Dole Whips.
I have never run in any kind of race, but from what everyone is telling us, the more we do that night, the better we will feel on Sunday. Plus...how could we turn down Dole Whips with friends!!!???
This is really getting exciting---thanks to everyone who got this started last year and now for taking it to the next level...it seems that this year's meetup will be even bigger!
I missed last year's by about a week---but not the next one! Count me in.
Welcome aboard! We are so glad you and your wife are going to be able to make it. It does look like we are really going to have a good turnout.

So I have a very silly question which will no doubt create some mayhem but does your wife have red hair? :lol: Sorry I have to ask...

Mouseoholic!

mindflipper
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by mindflipper » Jul Mon 18, 2011 8:11 pm

Hmmmmmm, that is a curious point. If she isn't, I wonder what she thinks about his subsonic user name?

yodiwan1
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate
Storybookland Canal Boats Mate

Post by yodiwan1 » Jul Mon 18, 2011 8:16 pm

Well everyone, it seems Soarin' wasn't joking and I'm going to be coming up for the weekend!!!! I will drive up after work on Friday and stay with my friend. If my wife comes up, she will spend the day with them while I hang out with all of you!!! Honestly, this is a dream come true for me. I don't want to sound emotional or anything, but I have never been able to go to the parks with anyone as enthusiastic as I am about WDW. Even when I worked there, I never met anyone with as much passion for Disney as I have found in this community. I am honored that you all even want me there. At work I get made fun of everyday for playing Subsonic, or looking through my pictures. It will feel great to be amongst my own people! I know my handle here is Yodiwan1, but you may also call me Jarett.(my real name). Even though I am heading up at the end of the month, I really can't wait for my next trip after that...with all of you!
"hold on to them hats and glasses, cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!!"