LittleBit's Pre-trip report

Planning a trip? Just get back? Talk about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Len90
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Re: LittleBit's Pre-trip report

Post by Len90 » Aug Tue 10, 2010 11:27 pm

Wow glad to see you have that all figured out already. You definitely want to make sure that you end your stay with the MK. There is no other way to end a Disney vacation other than by leaving MK on the last night. If Disney is running two MSEP performances, I would advise staying for the late one. However, it most likely will be less crowded since you will be in WDW during a more quiet and down time.

Oh and I take pride for getting Wishes stuck in your head. It is a fantastic fireworks show with a perfect soundtrack.
- Len90
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse."
"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy"

LITTLEBIT
Dumbo Flying Elephants Tamer

Post by LITTLEBIT » Aug Wed 11, 2010 7:25 pm

boilerbabe wrote: HEY!!! Another only child in the house here!!! 8-)
Yay! We are few and far between.

LITTLEBIT

Post by LITTLEBIT » Aug Fri 13, 2010 5:32 am

Len90 wrote:Wow glad to see you have that all figured out already. You definitely want to make sure that you end your stay with the MK. There is no other way to end a Disney vacation other than by leaving MK on the last night. If Disney is running two MSEP performances, I would advise staying for the late one. However, it most likely will be less crowded since you will be in WDW during a more quiet and down time.
Unfortuately we will be there when they have the MNSSHP going on so it limits the nights available. But when I refigured when we could go, I slipped in another night at MK too just in case.
Oh and I take pride for getting Wishes stuck in your head. It is a fantastic fireworks show with a perfect soundtrack.
Don't get me wrong, I love the soundtrack but it kills me at work that I can't stream music, mainly subsonic. Actually I probably could but then I'd get fired and that would be a damper on things.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Fri 13, 2010 6:38 am

LITTLEBIT wrote:
Len90 wrote:Oh and I take pride for getting Wishes stuck in your head. It is a fantastic fireworks show with a perfect soundtrack.
Don't get me wrong, I love the soundtrack but it kills me at work that I can't stream music, mainly subsonic. Actually I probably could but then I'd get fired and that would be a damper on things.
I bet you know it well enough you could sing it all ~ quite loudly in fact, and maybe a little off-key. Then they might be inclined to let you play the "real" music?! :lol:

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » Aug Fri 13, 2010 11:36 am

LITTLEBIT wrote: Nope, my name is Miranda. LittleBit is a nickname my dad gave me when I was young. I'm an only child but the youngest of 26 cousins who I always tagged after (A lot of time at Disney :D ) all of them so I guess that's why I'm called that. He (The grandpa who is going with us) still calls me that and I'm almost 31.

I hope we have some good weather when we're down there. Last time when I was there in Oct 07, it was warm but overcast the whole time. Good for the heat but bad for the pictures. What are your plans?
Well, hey whatever works! I like nicknames, they are so fun.

Our plans are a little different from yours. It will be 3 adults going - me, my husband & mom. We're still deciding between 2 sets of dates - 10/17-10/21 or 10/24-10/29.

I had to make park plans in advance b/c we would like to do the dining plan & that means advance reservations.
Arrival day we'll be taking it easy at the resort and then dinner at Kona and the Halloween party that night.
Day 2 we'll be hitting Epcot for park opening and then either staying there all day long or going back to the Magic Kingdom for extra magic hours. We have dinner reservations at San Angel Inn that night.
Day 3 is Hollywood Studios all day and then Cape May Cafe for dinner and perhaps walk the Boardwalk or hop to Epcot for Illuminations.
Day 4 is Magic Kingdom in the morning and then dinner at Tutto Italia and either hop back to Magic Kingdom or stay at Epcot for extra magic hours. It depends on how much Magic Kingdom we want to do!
Day 5 is Animal Kingdom for park opening and then hop to either Hollywood Studios for (eek Fantasmic!) or Epcot and then do dinner at Boma
Day 6 everybody goes home :(

The crazy part is that although I've made dining reservations (for both sets of dates, which was fun let me tell you) I haven't booked a room or done a flight for my mom yet. We're waiting on AP rates to come out for that time period and they're taking for ev er!

LITTLEBIT

Post by LITTLEBIT » Aug Fri 13, 2010 10:24 pm

disneylizzy wrote:

Our plans are a little different from yours. It will be 3 adults going - me, my husband & mom. We're still deciding between 2 sets of dates - 10/17-10/21 or 10/24-10/29.

I had to make park plans in advance b/c we would like to do the dining plan & that means advance reservations.
Arrival day we'll be taking it easy at the resort and then dinner at Kona and the Halloween party that night.
Day 2 we'll be hitting Epcot for park opening and then either staying there all day long or going back to the Magic Kingdom for extra magic hours. We have dinner reservations at San Angel Inn that night.
Day 3 is Hollywood Studios all day and then Cape May Cafe for dinner and perhaps walk the Boardwalk or hop to Epcot for Illuminations.
Day 4 is Magic Kingdom in the morning and then dinner at Tutto Italia and either hop back to Magic Kingdom or stay at Epcot for extra magic hours. It depends on how much Magic Kingdom we want to do!
Day 5 is Animal Kingdom for park opening and then hop to either Hollywood Studios for (eek Fantasmic!) or Epcot and then do dinner at Boma
Day 6 everybody goes home :(

The crazy part is that although I've made dining reservations (for both sets of dates, which was fun let me tell you) I haven't booked a room or done a flight for my mom yet. We're waiting on AP rates to come out for that time period and they're taking for ev er!
It's funny, you're earlier week was the week we were going to originally go. The kids always have Fall Break the weekend before Halloween so I booked us only to get the calendar a few weeks later and see the dates were different due to a conference for the teachers. Thankfully we hadn't done our dinner reservations yet so it wasn't as big a change as it could have been.

Your plans look awesome too. Have fun at the Halloween party. I tried to talk my DH into it but then changed my mind. Do you know what your costume will be yet?

disneylizzy
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider
Mr. Toad's Wild Rider

Post by disneylizzy » Aug Sat 14, 2010 7:45 pm

Yes, we really hope that the Annual Passholder room discounts come out soon. I want to do this trip so bad, but if a discount does not appear, we may have to postpone until December (when we were planning to do a short 2 day trip anyway.) So keep your fingers crossed for me okay?

I went to the party last year and thought it was really neat so I wanted to show my husband this year. For the cost, if I had children and also if it was my only time in wdw for the year, I don't know if I would do it - there's just so much other stuff you could do with the time on regular park tickets.

For costume I'm thinking it will be pretty hot, so I want to be Tinkerbell. I'm having a heck of a time finding green flats though! My husband is planning to be Russell from "Up" and my mom is undecided on her costume so far.

LITTLEBIT

Post by LITTLEBIT » Aug Sat 28, 2010 3:32 pm

The boys were driving me nuts today and came very close to threatening to cancel the trip. It wasn't anything big, but they were acting very impatient and annoying because they didn't get their ways on certain things and I just had flash forwards of us on the trip.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 28, 2010 4:38 pm

LITTLEBIT wrote:The boys were driving me nuts today and came very close to threatening to cancel the trip. It wasn't anything big, but they were acting very impatient and annoying because they didn't get their ways on certain things and I just had flash forwards of us on the trip.
Yikes! At least you know you have leverage until you go ;)

LITTLEBIT

Post by LITTLEBIT » Aug Sat 28, 2010 4:58 pm

Amy wrote:
LITTLEBIT wrote:The boys were driving me nuts today and came very close to threatening to cancel the trip. It wasn't anything big, but they were acting very impatient and annoying because they didn't get their ways on certain things and I just had flash forwards of us on the trip.
The thing is the set up was very similiar to one we might end up with on the trip. It was early morning, my older son had his first cross country meet so we were all tired from getting up early after a long first week at school, the younger one wanted to get home almost as soon as we got there because he had to sit and wait on something he didn't want to do. It was just not pretty.

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 28, 2010 5:14 pm

LITTLEBIT wrote:
Amy wrote:
The thing is the set up was very similiar to one we might end up with on the trip. It was early morning, my older son had his first cross country meet so we were all tired from getting up early after a long first week at school, the younger one wanted to get home almost as soon as we got there because he had to sit and wait on something he didn't want to do. It was just not pretty.
Uh-oh. Well, maybe you can use this example to have them decide how to best deal with their emotions and prevent (or at least lessen) the situation from arising on vacation...

Amy
Submarine Voyage Captain
Submarine Voyage Captain

Post by Amy » Aug Sat 28, 2010 5:22 pm

If all else fails LittleBit ~ sprinkle them with some pixie dust!

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Sat 28, 2010 10:52 pm

Hopefully the "magic" at Disney will prevent break downs?! I like Amy's idea, use the Pixie Dust!!! :wink:

How did your son do in his Cross Country meet?! I ran CC in h.s.! :D

LITTLEBIT

Post by LITTLEBIT » Aug Sun 29, 2010 8:55 am

boilerbabe wrote:How did your son do in his Cross Country meet?! I ran CC in h.s.! :D
He did pretty well. This wasn't an 'official' meet, it's a relay that they do. This is his 4th year of running and it might be his last. He's a lot smaller than other kids his age and it's starting to really show and bringing him down. We're trying to motivate him and keep him going so we'll see. Thanks for asking.

boilerbabe
Pack Mules Wrangler
Pack Mules Wrangler

Post by boilerbabe » Aug Sun 29, 2010 10:30 am

LITTLEBIT wrote:
boilerbabe wrote:How did your son do in his Cross Country meet?! I ran CC in h.s.! :D
He did pretty well. This wasn't an 'official' meet, it's a relay that they do. This is his 4th year of running and it might be his last. He's a lot smaller than other kids his age and it's starting to really show and bringing him down. We're trying to motivate him and keep him going so we'll see. Thanks for asking.
Well, if he really likes to run, then encourage him to keep with it! He will eventually catch up to the others! Running is something you can take with you and always do, if you really enjoy it, you don't need an entire team to do this sport! I'm still a runner. :D Good luck to him!!!